God is beyond anything we can imagine.
The closest I can come to describing God is consciousness without form. Spirit seems to be an apt analogy.

Not to mention your own religious texts mention the spirit of God.
Tanach describes manifestations of God, not God.
As in spirits?

Or were they human?
God is neither, so what’s the difference.
When God drowns the Egyptians, He is described as a “Man of war”...
Is God a “Man of war”, or is that episode a manifestation of God through the eyes of man?
God is beyond anything we can comprehend. So is spirit. It seems like an apt way to describe consciousness without form.

To answer your question it was man’s perception. So yes, it was a manifestation of God through the eyes of man.
Spirit is a creation.
The essence of God has no relation to any creation.
I’m not arguing that God was created.

I’m arguing that God is spirit among other things.

that would necessarily be so were there before the Almighty something for their existence as well however the meaning changes for why that dependence is relevant. from antiquity, triumph over evil is what is required for a freed spirit to acquire admission to the Everlasting - that may be all there will be for a relationship with the creator or in actuality creators responsible for our existence.

Catholics believe that Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life.

do you ever respond to the content of a post -

how is revealing theirself ... a matter of faith, is that how robbing a bank is not a crime. no matter the outcome. for a make believe (catholic) version.

christians have nothing to search, bing you make no sense at all.
I did respond to your comment. Did you not understand the response?

We are called into a relationship with God.

Now do you understand?

Now do you understand?

God is beyond anything we can comprehend.

not sure the two quotes above are compatible - not sure why you would exclude a physicality to something that you believe created the universe, either. and no, you do not respond to content.

Tanach describes manifestations of God, not God.
As in spirits?

Or were they human?
Is God a “Man of war”, or is that episode a manifestation of God through the eyes of man?
God is beyond anything we can comprehend. So is spirit. It seems like an apt way to describe consciousness without form.

To answer your question it was man’s perception. So yes, it was a manifestation of God through the eyes of man.
Spirit is a creation.

God has zero relationship to anything the human mind can conjure up; man was created with that limitation.
To say God is spirit is childish.
To say a person should be as non-obsessed as possible with physicality is profound.

As in spirits?

Or were they human?

Spirit is a creation.

God has zero relationship to anything the human mind can conjure up; man was created with that limitation.
To say God is spirit is childish.
To say a person should be as non-obsessed as possible with physicality is profound.
So if I argued God was existence would that be childish too?

that would necessarily be so were there before the Almighty something for their existence as well however the meaning changes for why that dependence is relevant. from antiquity, triumph over evil is what is required for a freed spirit to acquire admission to the Everlasting - that may be all there will be for a relationship with the creator or in actuality creators responsible for our existence.

Catholics believe that Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life.

do you ever respond to the content of a post -

how is revealing theirself ... a matter of faith, is that how robbing a bank is not a crime. no matter the outcome. for a make believe (catholic) version.

christians have nothing to search, bing you make no sense at all.

Now do you understand?

Now do you understand?

God is beyond anything we can comprehend.

not sure the two quotes above are compatible - not sure why you would exclude a physicality to something that you believe created the universe, either. and no, you do not respond to content.
They are totally compatible.

I get the feeling you don’t want anyone to believe that God desires to have a relationship with us. Which is probably why you don’t believe I responded to your content.

What difference does it make? Enjoy yourself and try to leave your space a little better than you found it.

If God willed us into existence then our existence is contingent upon God and if God is beyond material such that the closest we can come to describing his nature is spirit, then our material existence in and of itself is not the end but a means to an end.

Why have you posted this exact same thing on more than one thread?

If God willed us into existence then our existence is contingent upon God and if God is beyond material such that the closest we can come to describing his nature is spirit, then our material existence in and of itself is not the end but a means to an end.

I posted it in one thread as a response and wanted to create a thread dedicated to it. Sue me.

What difference does it make? Enjoy yourself and try to leave your space a little better than you found it.
The difference is found in comparing both paths. Something that can only be known by traveling both paths.

You better see it this way.

Find the essence of the Sun.

Later check what the Sun sends away, like light, solar winds, gases, etc.

Light, solar winds, gases indeed will contain the essence of the Sun, but the Sun is not made solely of light, solar winds, etc.

Same with God, His essence is other than spirit. However, God sent His spirit and the spirit also carries essence of God as light carries essence of the Sun.

You better see it this way.

Find the essence of the Sun.

Later check what the Sun sends away, like light, solar winds, gases, etc.

Light, solar winds, gases indeed will contain the essence of the Sun, but the Sun is not made solely of light, solar winds, etc.

Same with God, His essence is other than spirit. However, God sent His spirit and the spirit also carries essence of God as light carries essence of the Sun.
Is God truth?

Is God logic?

I posted it in one thread as a response and wanted to create a thread dedicated to it. Sue me.

Is a law suit an end in itself?

That depends on what one is seeking.

God made us in his image, we are here to learn and evolve towards that image Ding

Our material existence is simple a vehicle to that end

~S~

Is the seeking the real end, or merely the means?

God made us in his image, we are here to learn and evolve towards that image Ding

Our material existence is simple a vehicle to that end

~S~
Gold is purified in a crucible.

“a situation of severe trial, or in which different elements interact, leading to the creation of something new.”

Is the seeking the real end, or merely the means?
It’s the beginning.

Forum List

Back