Why are TV viewers turned off by anything set in space and instead flock to superheroes and zombie invasions?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I heard a guy on a forum dedicated to a sci fi show say that mainstream TV and movie viewers seem all too ready to watch things that involve our future near extinction by things from Space or by other means. They don't want to see a new Space Opera, but they do want to see how we fight back against the Aliens or Zombies that nearly killed off the human race. And they will go in droves to see humans who have superpowers in Space or wherever else.

Is he right? If so then why? Is it because the post apocalyptic and superhero shows are of better quality? Is it because the stress of their lives make them feel powerless and that causes them to flock to superheroes and zombie apocalypses?

Or has space become too damn boring for most people?

I think a movie about Exploring Jupiter's Ice Moon Europa with it's vast oceans would be awesome. It could be a whole new world of CGI with all new moonscapes and wild ass sea creatures (of course!) and maybe even some aliens that are already there and none too happy about our guys being there.

I think a movie about Exploring Jupiter's Ice Moon Europa with it's vast oceans would be awesome. It could be a whole new world of CGI with all new moonscapes and wild ass sea creatures (of course!) and maybe even some aliens that are already there and none too happy about our guys being there.
So, some Heinlein is what's your saying. lol

I heard a guy on a forum dedicated to a sci fi show say that mainstream TV and movie viewers seem all too ready to watch things that involve our future near extinction by things from Space or by other means. They don't want to see a new Space Opera, but they do want to see how we fight back against the Aliens or Zombies that nearly killed off the human race. And they will go in droves to see humans who have superpowers in Space or wherever else.

Is he right? If so then why? Is it because the post apocalyptic and superhero shows are of better quality? Is it because the stress of their lives make them feel powerless and that causes them to flock to superheroes and zombie apocalypses?

Or has space become too damn boring for most people?

Society has been programmed for nihilism.

Forum List

Back