Why are so many so giddy over DeSantis right now…he handled a natural disaster well, and now he has a national record that rivals Trumps?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
He got some media coverage, his good deeds were exposed and somehow that sold an awful lot of people on his ability to govern a nation and fight the Left. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dude and all he’s about but his handling of a hurricane doesn’t really create a record of national governance.
Honestly, I’m really turned off by the bullshit he pulled at Martha’s Vineyard…..why did he tuck his tail as soon as the Left barked at him? Why didn’t he continue sending load after load of illegals to leftist destinations all over the nation?

He got some media coverage, his good deeds were exposed and somehow that sold an awful lot of people on his ability to govern a nation and fight the Left. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dude and all he’s about but his handling of a hurricane doesn’t really create a record of national governance.
Honestly, I’m really turned off by the bullshit he pulled at Martha’s Vineyard…..why did he tuck his tail as soon as the Left barked at him? Why didn’t he continue sending load after load of illegals to leftist destinations all over the nation?
It’s the anti-Trump Brigade. They think the media will go easy on DeSantis and not call him a racist and a Russian agent. Of course they will anyway.

DeSantis was sent by god, he said so himself. Trump never said that. Trump loses.

He quit kidnapping people for a political stunt because it really didn't go over well with anyone except the haters.

It’s the anti-Trump Brigade. They think the media will go easy on DeSantis and not call him a racist and a Russian agent. Of course they will anyway.

That's what the primary process is for, to flesh those types of things out. Hopefuls will fall in and out of favor during the process but it has to play out.
It’s nutless conservatives continuing to allow the left to lead them around by the nose.

In an unofficial poll on twitter... closed yesterday
103,704 "votes"
Trump - 38%
DeSantis - 62%

My little poll her eof Republican only voters...

25% Trump
75% DeSantis

Move on.

DeSantis is weak.

He’s just doing what he thinks he needs to do in order to win over the Trumpy part of the base.

Notice that he never responded back to Trump’s “desanctimonious” comment.

DeSantis is weak.

He’s just doing what he thinks he needs to do in order to win over the Trumpy part of the base.

I know this is not the focus of this thread. Progs need to worry about their 2024 candidate more than Repubs do.

DeSantis is weak.

Weak...lol.
You wouldn't say that to his face privately and retain enough teeth to chew with.

The man is accomplished, intelligent, proven and tough as nails.
images

Last edited:
We’ll see what Kari Lake does once in office. If she does great things, I’d take her over DeSantis.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the right-leaning gun site poll if you are a Trump supporter.

Looks like a lot of folks have moved on.....That and it's always hard for a "retread" to regain the traction they once enjoyed after a "loss".
Like I said….DeSantis did a great job in front of the microphone during the hurricane…That’s it.
He has no record comparable to Trumps…The same scared conservatives whom have always been steered by the Left are being steered yet again…more of the same, that’s all.
The Left has made it clear….”DO NOT RUN TRUMP” so the nutless Right can’t find a reason not to fast enough. The hurricane in Florida was the reason they needed.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the right-leaning gun site poll if you are a Trump supporter.

Looks like a lot of folks have moved on.....That and it's always hard for a "retread" to regain the traction they once enjoyed after a "loss".
DeSantis strikes me as being a “crafted” politician. I think he embraces MAGA just because he knows it wins. Maybe he will stay MAGA, but I just can’t be sure.

Kari Lake on the other hand is completely unleashed and even more articulate than DeSantis and maybe even more than Trump.

It is expensive to fly a plane to Texas to get illegals to send up north, not sure his state can afford to do it all that often.

Obviously. Like McCain or Romney, just as they wanted Trump over the other GOP candidates as they thought Hillary would slaughter him in the G.E.

Let their actions decide who wins. Trump has a track record which makes him a tougher challenge in 2024 Primaries than he was in 2016, that's just the truth.

Forum List

Back