Why are poorer people dumb?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
The working and lower middle class would look more attractive if they ate like the rich!

Someday farmers markets, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods will replace all the Walmarts!

The working and lower middle class would look more attractive if they ate like the rich!

Someday farmers markets, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods will replace all the Walmarts!
Are you having a bad day? Maybe they can't afford the food and the wine of the rich. Working out too much lately?

It's a silly notion. Dumb poor?? Sounds like a Democrat wanting to maintain themselves as "saviour of the masses"!!

Greg

It's a silly notion. Dumb poor?? Sounds like a Democrat wanting to maintain themselves as "saviour of the masses"!!

Greg
I really believe that there are people who do their best to keep poor people in their present positions and keep voting the way they have been for decades. The poor need hand hand up, not a hand out. Limit welfare for those who are trying to get a job.

Greg
I really believe that there are people who do their best to keep poor people in their present positions and keep voting the way they have been for decades. The poor need hand hand up, not a hand out. Limit welfare for those who are trying to get a job.

The cure for poverty is JOBS; getting people job ready is the ONLY handout I support outside of what I call the "genuine cases". We know who they are.

Greg

I am not going to say anything....

Love and Peace....

Self control in honor of Love

Because they can't go to school due to having to find some kind of work to feed the family?

Actually, that presumes a rather horrible falsehood. Specifically, the idea that education equals intelligence. They're entirely separate.

But, but, but.....I have 3 PhD's, 4 offshore accounts worth millions each, top member of Mensa with 300iq and I shop at Walmart all the time.....and I have a friend that is unemployed due to mental health issues and receives welfare, and shops the Farmer's markets, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.....

yes, I'm being sarcastic to make a point. Level of intelligence has nothing to do with financial status or where you spend your money. I've met several people with college degrees that are dumber than a box of rocks for common sense. I've also met many 'po white trash' that had higher IQ's than others in a higher standard of living. Both rich & poor, smart & challenged shop both types of places. So none are really comparable

You one of those stupid mutherfuckers I see

Because they can't go to school due to having to find some kind of work to feed the family?

Actually, that presumes a rather horrible falsehood. Specifically, the idea that education equals intelligence. They're entirely separate.

As they say on the Venn diagram; a significant overlap.

Greg

:lol: You've just shown that you're neither educated nor intelligent. Really, it's enough to defeat your statement by pointing out that correlation does not imply causation. But that's what I did in my first post, and you didn't seem to catch the drift. So I guess I'm going to have to break it down for you and your fellow mouth breathers.

Let's examine your claim.

By definition, 50% are at least average intelligence, or above. Furthermore, about 70% of people fall within the "average range" as the bell curve graphs. This leaves about 15% who fall in the "above" range, and 15% in the "below range. This gives us two options: 1) Consider "intelligent" to only apply to those above the average range, which would mean that 85% of the population is unintelligent; 2) Consider "intelligent" to include the average range as well as the "above" range. That means that 85% of the population are intelligent.

Either way, your attempt to proclaim some kind of point fails. If we accept such an overlap, then the coincidence becomes meaningless. All it amounts to is saying that most people are intelligent, and most people are educated. Which has about as much significance as pointing out that most people have homes and most people have two kidneys.

On the other hand, if we take the former scenario, very few people are intelligent. Thus, in order for your claim to be true, we should only have approximately 15% of population with a college education. Since in fact a solid 40% of the American population has a college degree, your claim is still false.

Forum List

Back