Why Are Our Children Being Forced To Read This Evil Racist Book??

"The work of Nobel laureate Toni Morrison is at the center of the latest skirmish over education in the Virginia's governor's race, after an ad by Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin featured a parent upset that Morrison's 1987 novel "Beloved" was being taught to her son, a high school senior. Morrison's best-known work, is set in the Reconstruction and vividly portrays the horrors of slavery and its legacy -- The book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988 and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe and Virginia Democrats are calling the ad a "racist dog whistle" and accusing Youngkin of wanting to ban books. In the ad, Fairfax County mother Laura Murphy goes after McAuliffe for vetoing Virginia House Bill 516, the "Beloved bill" -- that would have required parents to be notified "if material used in class includes sexually explicit content." McAuliffe shot back at Youngkin and said no, "the bill would have given parents the right to veto … books, Glenn, not to be knowledgeable about it — also take them off the shelves -- I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Why are we forcing our elementary and middle school children to read these disgusting racist books? This book is basically critical race theory....for those who haven't read it -- it is talks about rape, it involves the main character of the book killing her baby, just because she didn't want the child to be a slave....like WTF? You think death is better than being slave? ...Just because this woman is a Nobel Laureate doesn't erase the fact that she is most likely racist to have written a book like this..Our children should not be forced to read books written by racists who describe our nation in a negative way...

As for the woman in this ad....her son luckily survived the trauma of having to read that book in his AP course in which he could have opted out of reading the book but didn't....
View attachment 556920

Yes kids, you heard right....Her child
(who is now 27 and is a lawyer who works for the National Republican Committee and previously worked in the Trump admin) -- that child of hers did receive prior notification before reading the book and had the choice to opt out, but didn't....In other words, parents do have a choice to opt out....but what she ACTUALLY tried to do was ban the book completely.....the folks who scream the loudest about cancel culture have no problems with it when it is them who gets to decide what gets cancelled...and like clockwork, it is always black voices they want to cancel the most....If conservatives didn't have racist dog whistles to blow, they would only be left with blowing Trump....

In lib la la land its “Beloved” yes, “Gone with the wind” no

Because the intolerant left allows on its opinions to be taught

Nah. All the rightist Democrats and Republicans still want a slave too. To keep up with the Joneses, doncha know. Just the one though. Mind you, we're talkin' a wee, little slave here. Pocket size perhaps.
They are the illegal immigrants they ship across the border.

Republicans are intelligent. They all know slavery was a really bad thing. Don't go overboard. Any republicans I talk with will freely admit slavery is inherently a really bad twisted thing.

Why does the right refuse to accept that slavery was inherently a bad thing ? They want their kids to live in ignorance and grow up with the same dinosaur mindset that they did.
Think the right accepted that slavery was a bad thing and hence why it was forced out often voluntarily by white slave owners here---who freed their slaves and by others who wanted to free their slaves but could not find a way for the slaves to then support themselves if they did. Often certain christian sects pressured all of their members to release their slaves. Often, the slaves here held by whites, (not to be confused by slaves held by other blacks or the indians) were treated quite well. Harriet tubmans own father was released from his bondage by his slave master who then gave him land and his own house to live in as a free man. Apparently, many slaves were treated as employees and weren't abused but that doesn't fit the communist narrative now does it.

Why does the right refuse to accept that slavery was inherently a bad thing ? They want their kids to live in ignorance and grow up with the same dinosaur mindset that they did.

Of course, slavery is a bad thing. That's why the Party of Lincoln and Helms passed the 13th Amendment to abolish the practice much to the consternation of the Far Left.

"The work of Nobel laureate Toni Morrison is at the center of the latest skirmish over education in the Virginia's governor's race, after an ad by Republican candidate Glenn Youngkin featured a parent upset that Morrison's 1987 novel "Beloved" was being taught to her son, a high school senior. Morrison's best-known work, is set in the Reconstruction and vividly portrays the horrors of slavery and its legacy -- The book won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988 and was a finalist for the National Book Award.

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe and Virginia Democrats are calling the ad a "racist dog whistle" and accusing Youngkin of wanting to ban books. In the ad, Fairfax County mother Laura Murphy goes after McAuliffe for vetoing Virginia House Bill 516, the "Beloved bill" -- that would have required parents to be notified "if material used in class includes sexually explicit content." McAuliffe shot back at Youngkin and said no, "the bill would have given parents the right to veto … books, Glenn, not to be knowledgeable about it — also take them off the shelves -- I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach."

Why are we forcing our elementary and middle school children to read these disgusting racist books? This book is basically critical race theory....for those who haven't read it -- it is talks about rape, it involves the main character of the book killing her baby, just because she didn't want the child to be a slave....like WTF? You think death is better than being slave? ...Just because this woman is a Nobel Laureate doesn't erase the fact that she is most likely racist to have written a book like this..Our children should not be forced to read books written by racists who describe our nation in a negative way...

As for the woman in this ad....her son luckily survived the trauma of having to read that book in his AP course in which he could have opted out of reading the book but didn't....
View attachment 556920

Yes kids, you heard right....Her child
(who is now 27 and is a lawyer who works for the National Republican Committee and previously worked in the Trump admin) -- that child of hers did receive prior notification before reading the book and had the choice to opt out, but didn't....In other words, parents do have a choice to opt out....but what she ACTUALLY tried to do was ban the book completely.....the folks who scream the loudest about cancel culture have no problems with it when it is them who gets to decide what gets cancelled...and like clockwork, it is always black voices they want to cancel the most....If conservatives didn't have racist dog whistles to blow, they would only be left with blowing Trump....

All depends on the purpose of English Literature courses.

If the idea is to denigrate the Honky Race, denounce America and trash the people of this nation, a work like "Beloved" sounds great.

Although personally, I think teaching the classics like War and Peace, Crime and Punishment and the Scarlet Letter are better choices. But then, I'm not so big on denouncing the country.

Nobody here has said slavery was a good thing. Everyone knows how disgusting it was.

Of course, slavery is a bad thing. That's why the Party of Lincoln and Helms passed the 13th Amendment to abolish the practice much to the consternation of the Far Left.
Oh, I'm quite certain the Near Left was every bit as consternated.

Slavery existed at one time in America. Yes slavery was an evil bad time in American history. It was a dark time. Everyone knows slavery is wrong is every way including the owners themselves. Why they wanted slaves instead of paying them a good wage is beyond sad. We have thankfully moved on. That's what I taught my own kids.
I agree but the neocons and establishment Democrats who hire illegal aliens don't.

Bullshit. It's left-wing Democrats who want to destroy all remaining remnants of their racist traitorous history, so everyone will forget. They should never be allowed to forget.

Oh and might I add, Fuck Joe Biden.
Taking down statues and monuments of racist traitors isn't going to make anyone forget a damn thing.

Think the right accepted that slavery was a bad thing and hence why it was forced out often voluntarily by white slave owners here---who freed their slaves and by others who wanted to free their slaves but could not find a way for the slaves to then support themselves if they did. Often certain christian sects pressured all of their members to release their slaves. Often, the slaves here held by whites, (not to be confused by slaves held by other blacks or the indians) were treated quite well. Harriet tubmans own father was released from his bondage by his slave master who then gave him land and his own house to live in as a free man. Apparently, many slaves were treated as employees and weren't abused but that doesn't fit the communist narrative now does it.
You clown. half a million people died fighting to preserve slavery. Nowhere else in the world have evil people fought so hard to retain their slaves.

And the football team Jack Coan plays for won the National title in the 1940s....has nothing to do with him just like ending slavery has nothing to do with you.

Let me put it to you another way, dickhead: I prefer to belong to the party which has a long history of abolition, civil rights, lower taxes, individual liberty, gun rights, a belief in God, a strong military, the private sector, a secure border, and small government.

I also believe that all laws were derived from Christian authority, that abortion is murder, that government is not the solution to domestic social problems, that global warming is a hoax, and capital punishment does deter crime.

You on the other hand, claim to belong to the party of nothing, which I sincerely doubt. I would guess that you more than likely voted for Joe Biden but aren't man enough to admit it.

All depends on the purpose of English Literature courses.

If the idea is to denigrate the Honky Race, denounce America and trash the people of this nation, a work like "Beloved" sounds great.

Although personally, I think teaching the classics like War and Peace, Crime and Punishment and the Scarlet Letter are better choices. But then, I'm not so big on denouncing the country.
What about Gulliver’s Trevels, Catcher in the Rye, The Sun Also Rises, Macbeth, Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, The Call of the Wild, Moby Dick, 1984, The Grapes of Wrath? Plenty of great books our children should be reading.

Forum List

Back