Why are not Adam and Eve given more prominent status in church doctrine?

The
because the whole Adam and Eve story is bogus. Supposedly they were the 1st two humans and they had 2 sons Cain and Able. The bible states that Cain and Able took wives. Now where did the wives come from?
does the church really want people looking into to this fairy tale?
The story of Genesis comes awfully close to saying God approved of incest to start populating the world doesn't it..

The

The story of Genesis comes awfully close to saying God approved of incest to start populating the world doesn't it..
The genesis account is not a "How to" guide...
It's a collection of stories for various purposes other than that.

Just saying.

And in Hebrew it's a bit different..hard to understand it as well in English.

The genesis account is not a "How to" guide...
It's a collection of stories for various purposes other than that.

Just saying.

And in Hebrew it's a bit different..hard to understand it as well in English.
Collection?..the whole thing is about creation isn't it.

Collection?..the whole thing is about creation isn't it.
No...
Genesis is 51 numbered chapters and 10 Actual chapters. Creation account is 2 chapters....the fall of man and banishment from the Garden in Eden is one chapter.

I mean others from biblical times are portrayed with statues etc. We give a lot of homage to God, Jesus and various prophets but other than the mention in Genesis, we speak little of Adam and Eve. After all, are they not literally the Father and Mother of all mankind??
Only God is to be worshiped (God is a jealous God) -- Ex..20:1-3, Ex. 34:14, Deut. 8:19, and carried forth into the New Testament, -- Acts 10:25-26, Acts 14: 14-15)..........making graven images is forbidden. As far has God having the ability to know what happens before hand........its impossible to look into a future before that future has taken place. Even the God of creation can't account for the free will decisions made by mankind. God enlightens us as to how He has the authority and the power to plan ahead and make things happen as He has planned, and its not knowing the freewill choices of man before he makes the decision to direct their own fates.

Read and comprehend just how the God of Creation "Foretells the Future" or how He declares the end from the beginning.
(Isaiah 46:8-10). First God declares His intentions, Then He plans when and how to effect those intentions at a time of His pleasing because God is Omnipotent (All Powerful), Omniscient (All Knowing), and Omnipresent (All Present).....whose going to stop God from manipulating His Creations of Man and Nature to do His will? He does His will IN THE PRESENT as HIS PLEASURE at a a time that HE HAS PRE-PLANNED. Only God knows when He will act upon the plans that He has made. Simply because He says that HE WILL DO SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE.......and then does it when the past becomes the present is no indication that everything in the Universe is pre-planned.

"Remember this, and show yourself men; Recall to mind, O you transgressors, Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things not yet done, saying My counsel shall stand, and I will do My pleasure." -- Isaiah 46 8-10. God makes things happen via the counsel of WORD He has spoken in (the past)...things NOT YET DONE (the future)......He will stop Him from doing His pleasure?

If free will did not exist and God knew beforehand the choices to be made by all men...........just how was God repented (Sorry) and Grieved that He had ever made man on the earth? (Genesis 6:6)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back