Why Are Libs So Hypocritical?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
As I have shown many times, libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice

2008 Candidates Rely on Private Jets

By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writer

April 26, 2007, 6:44 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- A flock of small jets took flight from Washington Thursday, each carrying a Democratic presidential candidate to South Carolina for the first debate of the political season.

For Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of legislation requiring that U.S. troops begin returning home from Iraq in the fall.

No one jet pooled, no one took commercial flights to save money, fuel or emissions.

All but Biden, who flew on a private jet, chartered their flights -- a campaign expense of between $7,500 and $9,000.

Federal Election Commission rules allow candidates to pay only the equivalent of first-class fare to fly on private jets owned by corporations or other special interests. But a Senate ethics bill approved earlier this year would require senators flying on corporate jets to pay full charter rates. The legislation must still be reconciled with a House bill and has yet to become law.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...47,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

Now, there's hypocrisy and hypocrisy. Personally I can't get excited about a bunch of wealthy and privileged politicians and their disdain for commercial aircraft but you need to be careful about where you aim the term "hypocrisy". I see to remember in the GOP there's a bit of distance between pronouncements on ethics and sexual behaviour (the latter being no-one's business if it's not unlawful) and the reality. I won't bore everyone with a list, I think the mods would boot me for chewing up bandwith, but RSR if you continually use a very wide brush and dollop it with paint some of it will come back on you.

If you want to ask why these politicians aren't reducing their effect on our environment, fine, make the point. But in doing what you've done you've indicated an acceptance of the dire situation our environment is in. It must be for your to post this. Now if only you could convince AWOL Bush and Five Deferments Cheney oh and a call to Pilonidal Cyst Limbaugh might be useful too.

As I have shown many times, libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice

2008 Candidates Rely on Private Jets

By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writer

April 26, 2007, 6:44 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- A flock of small jets took flight from Washington Thursday, each carrying a Democratic presidential candidate to South Carolina for the first debate of the political season.

For Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of legislation requiring that U.S. troops begin returning home from Iraq in the fall.

No one jet pooled, no one took commercial flights to save money, fuel or emissions.

All but Biden, who flew on a private jet, chartered their flights -- a campaign expense of between $7,500 and $9,000.

Federal Election Commission rules allow candidates to pay only the equivalent of first-class fare to fly on private jets owned by corporations or other special interests. But a Senate ethics bill approved earlier this year would require senators flying on corporate jets to pay full charter rates. The legislation must still be reconciled with a House bill and has yet to become law.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...47,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

Please remind me of the many times you have shown us "libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice" I can't remember an instance, you may have said it inumerable times, but as we all know, that means diddley squat in the scheme of things.

When people tell me how I have to live my life, or lower my standard of living, or how I use to much energy - then turn around and do the fucking opposite - I will call them on it

If it were not for double standards libs would have no standards at all

Please remind me of the many times you have shown us "libs lecture the public on how to live their lives - but seldom take their own advice" I can't remember an instance, you may have said it inumerable times, but as we all know, that means diddley squat in the scheme of things.

Clinton, Obama, Dodd and Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of of the surrender bill

Oh, but I'm sure they've invested plenty of carbon offsets into their own companies - or Al Gores company

What a typical thread by RSR. See an event and make a sweeping over-reaching generalization. I can do that too. Here is a great piece on they hypocrisy of the religious right – so typical of conservatives.

http://www.vindicate.org/

Anyway, Larry Flynt is a hero in my book. He clearly demonstrated the phoniness and moral hypocrisy of the conservative movement.

Don’t you understand that when all things are considered, the liberals and conservatives are, for all practicality, equally phony, hypocritical, and opportunistic. Perhaps the only difference is 1/10 of a percent.

What a typical thread by RSR. See an event and make a sweeping over-reaching generalization. I can do that too. Here is a great piece on they hypocrisy of the religious right – so typical of conservatives.

http://www.vindicate.org/

Anyway, Larry Flynt is a hero in my book. He clearly demonstrated the phoniness and moral hypocrisy of the conservative movement.

Don’t you understand that when all things are considered, the liberals and conservatives are, for all practicality, equally phony, hypocritical, and opportunistic. Perhaps the only difference is 1/10 of a percent.

Typical that I expose how libs say one thing and do another

Guilty as charged

Don't limit it to Liberals. Many conservatives say one thing and do another too. Politicians say one thing and do another. They are all fundamentally the same.

as far as the issue of "global warming", I do not see any conservatives lecturing us on how to conserve while they do the opposite

Pretty Boy Edwards talks about how America ignores the poor and "Two Americas" while be builds a 30,000 sq ft mansion

I wonder how much energy that place will consume?

as far as the issue of "global warming", I do not see any conservatives lecturing us on how to conserve while they do the opposite

Pretty Boy Edwards talks about how America ignores the poor and "Two Americas" while be builds a 30,000 sq ft mansion

I wonder how much energy that place will consume?

So liberals might not be as energy efficient as you would like. Perhaps they should have all ridden bicycles. While some liberals might be hypicritical, to some degree about their concern over global warming. Many conservatives are hypocritical about personal relationship morality. Look at all of these hypocrites. I don’t know of many liberals preaching purity and morality while having affairs and committing other “sins”.

http://www.americaheldhostile.com/cheating.html

So liberals might not be as energy efficient as you would like. Perhaps they should have all ridden bicycles. While some liberals might be hypicritical, to some degree about their concern over global warming. Many conservatives are hypocritical about personal relationship morality. Look at all of these hypocrites. I don’t know of many liberals preaching purity and morality while having affairs and committing other “sins”.

http://www.americaheldhostile.com/cheating.html

and I call them on it

It's just libs provide more material then Republicans

I disagree. Conservatives, particularly with their “holier than thou” attitude, provide people with a great deal more material, and more entertaining material, than do Liberals.

Seems when Republicans are caught doing wrong - they lose their jobs or go to jail (or both)

Dems on the other hand circle the wagons and give them committee posts

by "hypocrisy" are you talking about stuff like Ted Haggarty lecturing kids on sexual abstinence and the evils of homosexuality while simultaneously getting blowjobs from gay hookers?

or Representative Mark Folley leading the charge of the moral majority while having cybersex with a former page while the house of representatives held votes open until Mark cold clean the splooge off of his laptop and get back into chambers?

Or.... Newt Gingrich leading the charge to impeach Bill Clinton for his immoral behavior while in the oval office while Newt simultaneously was a serial adulterer who slept around on his FIRST wife while she was hospitalized with cancer and then, afte dumping her and marrying the slut he was fucking, turned around and cheated on HER with an INTERN that worked for him in the speaker's office?

Is that the hypocrisy we're talking about?

It would seem it, in that case, that hypocrisy is certainly not confined to "Libs".... and newsbot assholes like RSR should realize that folks that live in hypocritical glass houses ought not to throw stones.

Seems when Republicans are caught doing wrong - they lose their jobs or go to jail (or both)

Republicans do their share of trying to hold onto their people.
For example: Before Tom Delay left, his buddies went so far as to change the rules.

See http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/11/18/MNGK69TFTS1.DTL

House Republicans adopted a rule change Wednesday that would allow their powerful majority leader, Rep. Tom DeLay of Texas, to keep his post if he is indicted on state corruption charges stemming from a fund-raising scandal that has already involved three of his associates. ..

The Republicans made the change after debating it for hours in a closed- door session Wednesday morning. Members said several GOP lawmakers objected to the change.

What do they have to hide? It was behind closed doors so we will never know the truth.

The original rule was adopted by Republicans in 1993 when they were the minority party attacking the Democratic-controlled leadership as corrupt and arrogant. The rule required House GOP leaders to step aside if indicted for a crime that could bring a sentence of at least two years in state or federal prison.

The new rule, proposed by Rep. Henry Bonilla, R-Texas, empowers the House Republican Steering Committee to decide within 30 days of a felony indictment whether to recommend to the full membership whether an affected member would have to leave a leadership post.

Again, the parties are all the same.

Newt didn't lose his job because he was a serial adulterer and intern fucker.... your boys in the house only fired his ass when he lost seats in the midterm.

why not a simple policy.

every politician is held to account, by an independanct board, who cant vote or contibuate or belong to any political, real over sight,

wow what a concept :eusa_whistle:

New Topics

Forum List

Back