Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024?

:desk:

although i am not a (D) - i'll take a crack at it...

Browse the Constitution Annotated​

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights​

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/amendment-14/section-3/#:~:text=No person shall be a,a member of any State

^^^ THAT ^^^

Thank you for proving my point. Democrats are so desperate to prevent Trump from running that they will attempt any pretext to do so.

Democrats would love nothing more than Trump to be the 2024 GOP presidential nominee.
So that is why they have been trying to impeach/indict/convict him for the last five years? Or is all that just a grand scheme to stir up his base to make sure he is renominated?

Last edited:
Moving this thread from Politics to Elections misses the point of the OP: Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024? The OP is not about if he will run or who will be nominated or elected. Nevertheless, the replies are revealing in that most of his opponents have to engage in intellectual gymnastics in order to rationalize their visceral hatred of him. Every one of their arguments is based on disqualifying him from public office. Those who claim that they want him to run again are transparently insincere.

Actually , as a progressive Democrat I want him to run. I want to see him continue to denigrate the Republican brand and drag the party further into the ditch. As much as I want to see him in a much deserved jail cell, I think that it will better serve the civilized world to allow him to run amok a while longer. I am willing to be that there are more Republicans that don’t want him to run, than there are Democrats. However, the spineless , cowardly Republicans wont admit it publicly.

I will add that whether or not he gets the nomination, the Republicans have already lost the 2024 election. He is too much of a pariah to win in the general election, and if he does not get the nomination, he will either run on his own and split the Republican vote, or attack the Republicans up and down the ballot who have not kissed his fat ass, endorse the Trumpers who are toxic to swing voters, and discourage people from voting in a rigged election.

Trump is the Republican’s Frankenstein monster. They created him, they can’t control him and they can’t kill him . You people should be thanking the Democrats for trying to get rid of him
What's so damned funny jwoodie ?

That's all that you got?

Please read the title carefully: Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024? I can understand not voting for him or even supporting any other candidate, but what is so objectionable to him declaring his candidacy? Isn't it the essence of democracy to let the voters decide? Why should he be prevented even from running for President?

In contrast, many Republicans that Biden is the worst President in U.S. history, if not a traitor to this country. However, very few believe that he should not be allowed to run for reelection. Why is there such a difference between these parties? Who are the real "democrats" and who are the authoritarian poseurs?
Well, history repeats itself, did you know that Hitler was swift in his removal of external opposition to the Nazis.

Actually , as a progressive Democrat I want him to run. I want to see him continue to denigrate the Republican brand and drag the party further into the ditch. As much as I want to see him in a much deserved jail cell, I think that it will better serve the civilized world to allow him to run amok a while longer. I am willing to be that there are more Republicans that don’t want him to run, than there are Democrats. However, the spineless , cowardly Republicans wont admit it publicly.

I will add that whether or not he gets the nomination, the Republicans have already lost the 2024 election. He is too much of a pariah to win in the general election, and if he does not get the nomination, he will either run on his own and split the Republican vote, or attack the Republicans up and down the ballot who have not kissed his fat ass, endorse the Trumpers who are toxic to swing voters, and discourage people from voting in a rigged election.

Trump is the Republican’s Frankenstein monster. They created him, they can’t control him and they can’t kill him . You people should be thanking the Democrats for trying to get rid of him
1. "I want him to run."
2. "I want to see him in a jail cell."
3. "The Republicans have already lost the 2024 election."

So you want Trump to run from a jail cell in an election he has already lost. Pretty damned funny.

Please read the title carefully: Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024? I can understand not voting for him or even supporting any other candidate, but what is so objectionable to him declaring his candidacy? Isn't it the essence of democracy to let the voters decide? Why should he be prevented even from running for President?

In contrast, many Republicans that Biden is the worst President in U.S. history, if not a traitor to this country. However, very few believe that he should not be allowed to run for reelection. Why is there such a difference between these parties? Who are the real "democrats" and who are the authoritarian poseurs?
TDS is TDS.

Forum List

Back