Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Please read the title carefully: Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024? I can understand not voting for him or even supporting any other candidate, but what is so objectionable to him declaring his candidacy? Isn't it the essence of democracy to let the voters decide? Why should he be prevented even from running for President?

In contrast, many Republicans that Biden is the worst President in U.S. history, if not a traitor to this country. However, very few believe that he should not be allowed to run for reelection. Why is there such a difference between these parties? Who are the real "democrats" and who are the authoritarian poseurs?

In contrast, many Republicans that Biden is the worst President in U.S. history, if not a traitor to this country. However, very few believe that he should not be allowed to run for reelection. Why is there such a difference between these parties? Who are the real "democrats" and who are the authoritarian poseurs?

:desk:

although i am not a (D) - i'll take a crack at it...

Browse the Constitution Annotated​

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights​

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

https://constitution.congress.gov/b...xt=No person shall be a,a member of any State

^^^ THAT ^^^

I'd think they'd want him to run. He's been their best tool, by far, for the last 4+ years.

If he runs again, the dems will elect the potato, or whoever, again.

There are simply too many women and independents, and some republicans for that matter, that won't vote for him.

We can get out into the weeds about the why's of all of that and if they are right or wrong, but in the end, the most important thing is keeping another dem nutbag out of the White House.

Just thought I'd give you hand with how that actually reads:

"or as an executive or judicial officer of any State",

See how much difference a comma can make? Punctuation is our friend...
Trump was never the executive of a state and the 14th holds no supremacy over the requirements laid down in the CONSTITUTION for the chief executive's qualifications. You MUST convict him of taking up ARMS against America or funding and leading others who do so during such a conflict.

Trump had a publicly scheduled protest on Jan 6. What words did he use during that protest, that instructed anyone to invade the Capitol building? Was it when he said they would soon peacfully march to the capitol steps?

If showing up there that day was an insurrection... then why didn't Pelosi have the national guard there that day to put a stop to it???? Why was it even allowed to take place?

I'd think they'd want him to run.
You'd think so, but then you'd have to expect them to be honest and that's a fool's errand. It's quite simple. He scares the HELL OUT OF THEM. His run would also require them to figure out a way to cheat again and they struggled last time because they had no idea how many votes he'd draw. No, they mock him because it has become some kind of sport to them but their masters fear him.

I don't know a single liberal who thinks Donald Trump running gives the democrats a smaller chance of winning. What the heck is this thread actually about? Trump is running. He just also happens to have serious legal issues.

You'd think so, but then you'd have to expect them to be honest and that's a fool's errand. It's quite simple. He scares the HELL OUT OF THEM. His run would also require them to figure out a way to cheat again and they struggled last time because they had no idea how many votes he'd draw. No, they mock him because it has become some kind of sport to them but their masters fear him.

I think, in fact I know, that he DID scare him. They said it, and it's why they dragged the country through a river of shit for 5 years to prevent his presidency from succeeding, because his success would have very bad news for them.

Now, I don't think they fear him. They know they've brainwashed enough useful idiots to badger him, and they know they can press his buttons and jerk him around even if he does win, and that they can get away with simply fabricating total bullshit to keep 'investigating' him continuously to the point that he is mostly ineffective.

I did not vote for Trump the first time, but I did the second, precisely because of the shit the dems pulled on him and the nation. Now, I think he's done. His chances in the general are zip. Just MHO.

Please read the title carefully: Why are Democrats so opposed to Trump running for President in 2024? I can understand not voting for him or even supporting any other candidate, but what is so objectionable to him declaring his candidacy? Isn't it the essence of democracy to let the voters decide? Why should he be prevented even from running for President?

lol

They're not.

Democrats would love nothing more than Trump to be the 2024 GOP presidential nominee.

I don't know a single liberal who thinks Donald Trump running gives the democrats a smaller chance of winning. What the heck is this thread actually about? Trump is running. He just also happens to have serious legal issues.
Misdemeanors are very serious.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Actually , as a progressive Democrat I want him to run. I want to see him continue to denigrate the Republican brand and drag the party further into the ditch. As much as I want to see him in a much deserved jail cell, I think that it will better serve the civilized world to allow him to run amok a while longer. I am willing to be that there are more Republicans that don’t want him to run, than there are Democrats. However, the spineless , cowardly Republicans wont admit it publicly.

I will add that whether or not he gets the nomination, the Republicans have already lost the 2024 election. He is too much of a pariah to win in the general election, and if he does not get the nomination, he will either run on his own and split the Republican vote, or attack the Republicans up and down the ballot who have not kissed his fat ass, endorse the Trumpers who are toxic to swing voters, and discourage people from voting in a rigged election.

Trump is the Republican’s Frankenstein monster. They created him, they can’t control him and they can’t kill him . You people should be thanking the Democrats for trying to get rid of him

:desk:

Browse the Constitution Annotated​

Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection and Other Rights​

• Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/amendment-14/section-3/#:~:text=No person shall be a,a member of any State

^^^ THAT ^^^

LOL, sure thing.

Forum List

Back