Why are Americans so unhappy?

For 50+ years most Americans, both conservative and liberal have felt they and their country are headed in the wrong direction, this despite a decent standard of living, a reasonably clean environment, and above average life expectancy. Europeans, on the other hand are happier and more content than Americans, this despite a standard of living that is no better than in the USA.

But Why?

Some interesting reading in the link below:

Why Are Europeans So Much Happier Than Americans?

In all seriousness, the country is extremely partisan for a major democracy. Republicans never accept dems in office which creates the hatred and consequently unhappiness. It's self inflicted. .
Everyday it is demonstrated on here that a compete lack of understanding and continual believe of lies etc, indicates a poor education.

The partisanship is exacerbating by racism along party lines. Dems are associated with blacks, so repigs say.

The fraudulent election garbage has driven a societal wedge which will take generations to dissolve. There again, lack of education. Conspiracy theories.
You name it. They hate it

That opinion writer is a commie who likely has never lived in the USA.

The Death Of Europe, With Douglas Murray​

interview with Douglas Murray
Monday, October 7, 2019

You mean Douglas Murray? He’s no commie.

He rails against the woke brigade, and I follow him resolutely. As with the Henry Jackson Society.
I am taking about the OPs original link. That writer is a commie.

Okay, I relooked.

I live in Europe, and most of that article is idealism. Sure there are bike rides in the sunshine. Butterflies and unicorns in the garden. But there’s the down side to it, as with everything else.

Paris has its banlieus, where most of the North Africans live. Ghettos in Germany, where they shove all the migrants and low paid.
I always wondered where you live. Assumed it was Venus.

Paris may have its banlieus and cities in Germany their ghettos but the low paid have to live somewhere and those cities would find it very expensive if their labour went missing. At least you are far less likely to get your head blown off than in many US city area's.

As for their migration status, why do you have to mention it?
Don't mean to get personal but you brought it up -
You do realise that once upon a time your family were migrants to Europe unless Judaism was indigenous to Europe, which is most certainly not the case.

Why are Americans so unhappy?​

NUMBER ONE REASON:

article-1376670-0B9E244100000578-905_233x356_popup.jpg
Kamlaugh.gif

At least you are far less likely to get your head blown off than in many US city area's.

I don’t think like that. And I live there sometimes.

Why do you bring up Judaism?
Why? Cos you told me you are Jewish soon after we first exchanged disagreements how else would I know?

Don't know about Europe but in Britain, we have an unspoken rule that we never bring up our religion in the workplace or in society in general. This doesn't apply to Jews however as it's always the first thing they let you know. Whether they want sympathy or to be treated differently I will never know.
The same thing on USMB, I don't have a clue what most of the people left or rights religions are but I know all the Jews cos they can't help letting everyone know.

In your post you mention migrants in an uncharitable way and I wonder how you can when you have a similar background that's all.

If however I'm mistaken I will apologise. - Satisfied?

At least you are far less likely to get your head blown off than in many US city area's.

Why? Cos you told me you are Jewish soon after we first exchanged disagreements how else would I know?

Don't know about Europe but in Britain, we have an unspoken rule that we never bring up our religion in the workplace or in society in general. This doesn't apply to Jews however as it's always the first thing they let you know. Whether they want sympathy or to be treated differently I will never know.
The same thing on USMB, I don't have a clue what most of the people left or rights religions are but I know all the Jews cos they can't help letting everyone know.

In your post you mention migrants in an uncharitable way and I wonder how you can when you have a similar background that's all.

Leave my religion and culture out of this.

It’s none of your business.

I wouldn't be able to if you hadn't told me. I'm a migrant myself from Ireland and would feel hypocritical to make disparaging comments about other migrants, that's all.

Think it's better to drop it now as you seem to be getting upset and next I'll be accused of anti-Semitism again.

Take care!

I wouldn't be able to if you hadn't told me. I'm a migrant myself from Ireland and would feel hypocritical to make disparaging comments about other migrants, that's all.

Think it's better to drop it now as you seem to be getting upset and next I'll be accused of anti-Semitism again.

Take care!

I’m not upset.

You’re just annoyingly bad mannered.

Take care!

I’m not upset.

O? And what is somebody from a migrant family who slags off other migrants and thinks themself so superior. I think bad-mannered is the least of it. As I said I'm a migrant myself and found your disparaging comments about migrants very disappointing and offensive.

Look just take on board what I've said and let's just drop it as this conversation is going sharply downhill.

I'm done!

Take care!

I’m not upset.

O? And what is somebody from a migrant family who slags off other migrants and thinks themself so superior. I think bad-mannered is the least of it. As I said I'm a migrant myself and found your disparaging comments about migrants very disappointing and offensive.

Look just take on board what I've said and let's just drop it as this conversation is going sharply downhill.

I'm done!

Good!

The reason so many Americans are unhappy is that both our educational system and mainstream media are teaching people that they have to be a victim in order to receive special attention. Most people are just too stupid to see how they are being manipulated so stumble through life feeling victimized and miserable.

For 50+ years most Americans, both conservative and liberal have felt they and their country are headed in the wrong direction, this despite a decent standard of living, a reasonably clean environment, and above average life expectancy. Europeans, on the other hand are happier and more content than Americans, this despite a standard of living that is no better than in the USA.

But Why?

Some interesting reading in the link below:

Why Are Europeans So Much Happier Than Americans?

I have not stepped into either Europe or America, but I would like to guess since Turkey has the same problems.

It may be because Europeans live in a more stable and secure philosophy than Turkey and the USA in terms of sentimentality, sincerity and happiness.

In countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, and France, it may be due to the trust given by the State Health and Pension Insurance and State Education.

People dream big because the average salary and conditions do not satisfy people in Turkey. In this dream space, under the title of the American Dream, USA has a international success. What does this cause? I'll be super rich one day and have super opportunities.

Even in the social and enjoyable things we do, we feel inadequate with this expectation. So we are after more tangible pleasures. Like a house, a car, a comfortable and well-paid job, a lot of money. As a matter of fact, reaching these, not always enjoying the same pleasure when it is obtained, and not being able to achieve everything in the long run may be feel us unsuccessful.

Forum List

Back