Why are Americans being forced to accept Electric Cars and renewable Energy?

Anything democrats do is designed to further the interests of China.

More dependency on our enemy - what a brilliant plan.
You really are clueless you know. Doesn't our buying from China make them equally dependant on us? Wouldn't that tend to make them want peaceful trade?

The OP is correct, possibly. 2035 is a long way off, but if California and other states mandate zero emission vehicles, then regardless of what you want, you will be compelled to buy an electric car (or comparable) from that point forward. You could keep your old car, but over time gasoline sources will become rarer and rarer, with the predictable effect on gas prices.

But it's nothing to fret about. The technology is advancing by leaps and bounds. By 2030 it will be stupid to buy an ICE vehicle. EV's will have range over 400 miles and you will be able to recharge them in the time it takes to have a Big Mac & fries.
Ooh 400 miles.... I get 35.7 miles in my hyrbid lexus, on 20 gallons means i dont fill up for 700 miles, and it takes about 3 minutes to refill. Can you imagine the lines for recharging if you have to wait hours? Thanks but i think i will start shooting prog elites before i drive all electric..

Oh by the way, when the roads are icy and the sky is dark, how much of that mileage is used up having to heat the inside, keep the windows clear and the headlights on? Are you down to 200 miles now?

t seems that we are being forced to accept Electric cars and renewable energy.? by Democrats. I don't want an electric car, and I don't accept renewable energy sources. Your thoughts. The Democratic elites keep pushing these two ideas.

You don’t accept? Then did not accept them. I would turn my power off, and start walking if I were you. You’ll show them who’s who.

If you're happy with your horse and buggy you shouldn't have to switch. Stick to your guns.

As long as China can sell lithium, democrats are happy.
Australia is by far the world's top producer of lithium, with an output of 42,000 tonnes in 2019. Lithium extraction in the country comes largely from hard-rock mining of spodumene – an ore that contains high levels of lithium, as well as aluminium.
We have lots of those resources here in the US and trump signed an EO allowing for extraction. Guess who signed an EO reversing that, making us ultimately dependent upon China and Russia who extract lots of that?

If you're happy with your horse and buggy you shouldn't have to switch. Stick to your guns.

Australia is by far the world's top producer of lithium, with an output of 42,000 tonnes in 2019. Lithium extraction in the country comes largely from hard-rock mining of spodumene – an ore that contains high levels of lithium, as well as aluminium.
We have lots of those resources here in the US and trump signed an EO allowing for extraction. Guess who signed an EO reversing that, making us ultimately dependent upon China and Russia who extract lots of that?
Are our resources going to vanish or will they become more valuable once the Chinese and Russians use up their reserves? Money in the bank.

Are our resources going to vanish or will they become more valuable once the Chinese and Russians use up their reserves? Money in the bank.
It won’t matter. Environmentalist extremists will protest extraction and demmunists will comply.

It won’t matter. Environmentalist extremists will protest extraction and demmunists will comply.
Clairvoyance? You must be making a killing in the Market.

Inductive reasoning.

Inductive reasoning.
Fair enough. Let's meet back here in 50 years and see if you're right.

Forum List

Back