Why am I nervous about this football game today?

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Everything is pointing to a Patriots win but I've been flippin' out inside thinking we are going to lose.

Save me Tom Brady.

Because you deserve to lose.
I think it is probably underlying guilt of Pat fans difficulty coming to the terms that the Patriots coaching staff have cheated to win on more than one occasion illegally taping other teams defensive signals.
As in 2007 against the Jets. The tapes were confiscated by the league, and they also found some evidence that the Patriots were also using equipment to catch the Jets radio signals during the game.

Your team cheats to win.

Because you deserve to lose.
I think it is probably underlying guilt of Pat fans difficulty coming to the terms that the Patriots coaching staff have cheated to win on more than one occasion illegally taping other teams defensive signals.
As in 2007 against the Jets. The tapes were confiscated by the league, and they also found some evidence that the Patriots were also using equipment to catch the Jets radio signals during the game.

Your team cheats to win.

Meh ... that's just butthurt from teams the Pats have rolled.

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I'd be worried about the Packers though.

You have no idea how big of a Bears fan I am going to be next weekend should the Pats win today.

Your team cheats to win.

Are you delusional...it is documented..including the highest fines allowable were levied against them.

# Bill Belichick has been fined $500,000 by the NFL. That is the maximum amount under the NFL Constitution and By-Laws for violating league policy last Sunday on the use of equipment to videotape an opposing team’s offensive or defensive signals.

# The Patriots have been fined $250,000 by the NFL.

# The Patriots will give up their first-round pick in 2008 if they make the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs, they will surrender their second- and third-round picks.

# Belichick will not be suspended.

“This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell also wrote. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

Your team cheats to win.

Are you delusional...it is documented..including the highest fines allowable were levied against them.

# Bill Belichick has been fined $500,000 by the NFL. That is the maximum amount under the NFL Constitution and By-Laws for violating league policy last Sunday on the use of equipment to videotape an opposing team’s offensive or defensive signals.

# The Patriots will give up their first-round pick in 2008 if they make the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs, they will surrender their second- and third-round picks.

“This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to the Patriots.

"I specifically considered whether to impose a suspension on Coach Belichick," Goodell also wrote. "I have determined not to do so, largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

I am aware of what happened and why.

You bringing it up as the reason why I was nervous is where the butthurt comes in.

I doubt that Pats are still cheating to win, then again in the last football game I cared about Bart Starr called his own number to get the ball over the goalline

You bringing it up as the reason why I was nervous is where the butthurt comes in.

It should be brought up continuously until Belichick is no longer a coach.
As one sports editor stated "if the old adage 'where there is smoke there is fire' then people would have difficulty finding the stadium for the giant black plumes emanating from the field.
Every true football fan should demand thorough investigations into Belichicks organization, they are a travesty against the spirit of the game.

LOL.

The Pats have one of the most talented teams, if not, THE MOST talented team in professional football. The only team that can defeat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves: fumbles, interceptions, penalties and sloppy execution. Otherwise, they pretty much write their own future.

I like the Jets, and I think it's exciting to see young Mark Sanchez shake things up. However, this is where they separate the men from the boys, and Sanchez' balls haven't fallen yet. He'll be a good QB, maybe even a great QB, down the road. But he's not championship material.......yet.

Look for Brady to just lay it all on the table and start with the Big Play right off the bat. After that, it's a matter of which offense can keep up the pace. It's how the Pats do things; nothing fancy, not a whole lot of finesse, just a race to the finish throwing as many points on the scoreboard as possible. And the Pats can keep up the pace all day long whereas the Jets rely on turnovers, lucky breaks and a favorable horoscope reading.

It should be brought up continuously until Belichick is no longer a coach.
As one sports editor stated "if the old adage 'where there is smoke there is fire' then people would have difficulty finding the stadium for the giant black plumes emanating from the field.
Every true football fan should demand thorough investigations into Belichicks organization, they are a travesty against the spirit of the game.

You sound very bitter and very consumed by all that.

LOL.

The Pats have one of the most talented teams, if not, THE MOST talented team in professional football. The only team that can defeat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves: fumbles, interceptions, penalties and sloppy execution. Otherwise, they pretty much write their own future.

I like the Jets, and I think it's exciting to see young Mark Sanchez shake things up. However, this is where they separate the men from the boys, and Sanchez' balls haven't fallen yet. He'll be a good QB, maybe even a great QB, down the road. But he's not championship material.......yet.

Look for Brady to just lay it all on the table and start with the Big Play right off the bat. After that, it's a matter of which offense can keep up the pace. It's how the Pats do things; nothing fancy, not a whole lot of finesse, just a race to the finish throwing as many points on the scoreboard as possible. And the Pats can keep up the pace all day long whereas the Jets rely on turnovers, lucky breaks and a favorable horoscope reading.

I just hope this isn't the day we decide to turn it over three times.

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd be praying for the Jets BIGTIME.

The Pats OWN the Steelers and their coaches, players and fans know it all too well. :thup:

If I were a Steelers fan, I'd be praying for the Jets BIGTIME.

The Pats OWN the Steelers and their coaches, players and fans know it all too well. :thup:

I was bleeding Steeler black and gold for a few hours yesterday.

Everything is pointing to a Patriots win but I've been flippin' out inside thinking we are going to lose.

Save me Tom Brady.

because, on any given Sunday bro.

IF the efficient sanchez shows up and whats more their running game is effective (they are mutually supportive btw, ala Play action) AND they can pressure the hell out of Brady.....:eusa_whistle:

Save me Tom Brady.

because, on any given Sunday bro.

IF the efficient sanchez shows up and whats more their running game is effective (they are mutually supportive btw, ala Play action) AND they can pressure the hell out of Brady.....:eusa_whistle:

The Jets haven't been able to pressure Brady without blitzing.

But yeah Mark Sanchez could do the unthinkable and not poop himself at Foxboro.

Forum List

Back