why a max height for police [ men ] ?

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..I was reading about serial killer Edmund Kemper who wanted to be a cop but was too tall at 6' 9''......why is there a max height for police? this link says 6' 5'' max height

They have to be able to fit in the cars...

drivers03.jpg

..I was reading about serial killer Edmund Kemper who wanted to be a cop but was too tall at 6' 9''......why is there a max height for police? this link says 6' 5'' max height
gotta fit in the car.

gotta fit in the car.
..I just replied to fncceo that he drove his own car all over the place ...does a 6' 9'' person have trouble driving/etc?

How tall is Shaq ? He's a Miami cop

Wrong again, as usual.

he's 2 inches taller than the serial killer ....I take it he drives his own car also?

I think it's a guideline. If someone taller than a max requirement wants to get in and has the other qualifications, then they should let them in.

who cares how tall they are . I guess really short people are restricted to.. little people would be better you could have squad cars with like 20 cops inside. and they make smaller targets

Wrong again, as usual.

he's 2 inches taller than the serial killer ....I take it he drives his own car also?

I think it's a guideline. If someone taller than a max requirement wants to get in and has the other qualifications, then they should let them in.

who cares how tall they are . I guess really short people are restricted to.. little people would be better you could have squad cars with like 20 cops inside. and they make smaller targets

yes, there is a minimum also

Forum List

Back