Why a "good news" story like the attached WILL NEVER be in the MSM!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
After many years including my college journalism courses I wondered why good news like the attached aren't more common with the MSM. As this article points out...
Psychology: Why bad news dominates the headlines
"Why is the news filled with disaster and corruption?
It may be because we’re drawn to depressing stories without realising, says psychologist Tom Stafford.
Participants in a study often chose stories with a negative tone – corruption, set-backs, hypocrisy and so on – rather than neutral or positive stories. People who were more interested in current affairs and politics were particularly likely to choose the bad news. And yet when asked, these people said they preferred good news. On average, they said that the media was too focussed on negative stories. The researchers present their experiment as solid evidence of a so called "negativity bias", psychologists' term for our collective hunger to hear, and remember bad news.
In lab experiments, flash the word “cancer”, “bomb” or “war” up at someone and they can hit a button in response quicker than if that word is “baby”, “smile” or “fun” (despite these pleasant words being slightly more common).
We are also able to recognise negative words faster than positive words, and even tell that a word is going to be unpleasant before we can tell exactly what the word is going to be.
So that is why this "good news" story will never make it to Muir of ABC news, or CBS, or NBC... it is good news and only bad news (which by the way if you readers realize this... GOOD NEWS happens more often than bad news and the reason?
Because bad news is about destroying. Killing. Eliminating. "Good news" is about building, growing, developing.
So as the above study proves and the MSM bears witness... BAD news attracts viewers which sells advertising which makes a profit!
So while I'm not against FREE SPEECH... I want more people to recognize what the MSM is doing...i.e. destruction. Eliminating. Dividing. All through "negative news".
goodnewsstory.png

..,,people love fight and conflicts ....if you go to hockey games, a fight gets big cheers ...if there is blood, even more ...

You were a journalism major in college and you didn't know the answer to this question?

PS: The BBC is pretty much as mainstream as you can get.

But to avoid the inevitable argument...

Introduction of sad effects is a theological concept from Neolithic societies of control.

You were a journalism major in college and you didn't know the answer to this question?

PS: The BBC is pretty much as mainstream as you can get.

But to avoid the inevitable argument...

Canadian news reports always include uplifting stories and commentary. There's not a lot of crime here, nor are our politicians needlessly engaging in partisan bullshit so more than half of the news casts are about good news stuff in our cities and towns.

It's a whole different attitude and tone to the local news that the "If it bleeds, it leads" attitude of American news stations.

Forum List

Back