Who's Your NFL team and what are your thoughts on their first round draft pick?

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
My team is the Steelers and they drafted Alabama's Najee Harris. He looks like a solid back so goodbye James Conor and hello Najee! When I checked out his college stats, I thought the highlited portion below was a typo :omg:
1619807625041.png

26 touchdowns rushing in one season? WHAT?!?!?!? Bring it baby...

My team is the Steelers and they drafted Alabama's Najee Harris. He looks like a solid back so goodbye James Conor and hello Najee! When I checked out his college stats, I thought the highlited portion below was a typo :omg:
View attachment 485675

Najee will find tough times in Pittsburgh with Ben throwing his wobbly balls and no O line to break open seams for the man to run in. He'll get battered, beat up, worn out and good for maybe 2-3 seasons, unless they get a fresh QB in there and fix the rest of the O line.

View attachment 485675

Najee will find tough times in Pittsburgh with Ben throwing his wobbly balls and no O line to break open seams for the man to run in. He'll get battered, beat up, worn out and good for maybe 2-3 seasons, unless they get a fresh QB in there and fix the rest of the O line.
it depends on the o-line as well. No more Pouncey, an aging David DeCastro and as for Ben, this HAS to be his final season. I can't see allowing him to continue after the 2021 season ends.

The truth about it all anyway is I REALLY DON'T CARE! I've lost so much interest in the NFL this past year and not just football. All sports have been forever ruined thanks to the fallout from this dumb covid thing. The only sport that peaks my interest at this point is MMA. I still love sports history but current day? No thanks!

View attachment 485675

it depends on the o-line as well. No more Pouncey, an aging David DeCastro and as for Ben, this HAS to be his final season. I can't see allowing him to continue after the 2021 season ends.

Quite to the contrary, many close to the Steelers feel certain that if Ben has a fair season, 10-7 or whatever, he could be back for another 1-2 seasons.

ITMT, the Steelers are only doing now what I had considered a high priority a year ago, replace Connors. I mean, the guy had ONE good year, the year he replace Bell, he was phenomenal, up until the time he got hurt.

But then I've felt that Ben has been done now as well for at least the past 3-4 seasons.

Either way, no matter, the 21 Steelers won't amount to shit. No one does a nose dive like Ben did last year and ever comes back to play great.

View attachment 485675

Quite to the contrary, many close to the Steelers feel certain that if Ben has a fair season, 10-7 or whatever, he could be back for another 1-2 seasons.

ITMT, the Steelers are only doing now what I had considered a high priority a year ago, replace Connors. I mean, the guy had ONE good year, the year he replace Bell, he was phenomenal, up until the time he got hurt.

But then I've felt that Ben has been done now as well for at least the past 3-4 seasons.

Either way, no matter, the 21 Steelers won't amount to shit. No one does a nose dive like Ben did last year and ever comes back to play great.
I was a diehard Steelers fan and I won't lose sleep over them no matter what they do...got better things to do!

View attachment 485675

The RB position has been seriously undervalued, and I understand why, so many RB's have monster seasons, get huge contracts, and then as quickly disappear into obscurity (David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Chris Johnson, possibly Zeke Elliot, etc.) but Harris is a serious stud RB and definitely worth a 1st round choice. Some say he is better than Derrick Henry!

Bears got Fields, many say the steal of the draft. I've never been convinced of him being an NFL QB, but we will see. A great choice, considering Chicago has Andy Dalton and Foles as their QB's.

In response to the question posted in the OP, my team has been the Niner's since 1957.

Their #1 pick was spot on given the opportunity to have a QB who appears to be the quintessential of QB's such as Mahomes and Russell; Trey Lance will have the time to be developed by Kyle Shanahan barring injuries to Jimmy G. this season.

Najee Harris is a monster back. And his skills as a receiver out of the backfield rival anyone out there.

The defense will have to contend with him. That lets others do something.

View attachment 485675

Draft? Close the window. Who cares--useless exhibitions, egotistical, overpaid participants. Pre determined outcomes. They'll all go broke if they continue on their current track. Fans Are Tuning Out on Woke Sports | The American Spectator | USA News and PoliticsThe American Spectator | USA News and Politics Pro Sports Suffer Ratings Disasters, Lose Billions in Revenue in 2020 NFL Ratings Take a Knee as Approval of Pro Sports Plummets Amid Anthem Protests

View attachment 485675

And that is 26 touchdowns in a season where there were no cupcakes scheduled. It was a 10 game SEC run.

Harris had more touchdowns than either Mark Ingram or Derrick Henry, both Heisman winners.

The truth about it all anyway is I REALLY DON'T CARE! I've lost so much interest in the NFL this past year and not just football. All sports have been forever ruined thanks to the fallout from this dumb covid thing. The only sport that peaks my interest at this point is MMA. I still love sports history but current day? No thanks!

So you start a thread about something you "REALLY DON'T CARE" about? That is odd, because you joined in March and your screen name is "Give Me Sports".

So you start a thread about something you "REALLY DON'T CARE" about? That is odd, because you joined in March and your screen name is "Give Me Sports".

I am always amused at the people who climb on a sports thread to talk about how little they care about it. If you cared that little you wouldn't waste your time posting.

Let me explain....I love sports and wanted to get excited about Pittsburgh‘a first pick but the excitement is gone. As for my screen name, it’s because I live off of the old days sports. I tried to maintain my interest in sports this past year but all the outside influences ruined it for me as well as the conduct by all the athletes.

Let me explain....I love sports and wanted to get excited about Pittsburgh‘a first pick but the excitement is gone. As for my screen name, it’s because I live off of the old days sports. I tried to maintain my interest in sports this past year but all the outside influences ruined it for me as well as the conduct by all the athletes.
:rolleyes:

I am always amused at the people who climb on a sports thread to talk about how little they care about it. If you cared that little you wouldn't waste your time posting.
By the way in post because I’m interested on other’s opinions

Forum List

Back