Who's watching who, and why ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
The right to privacy is gone. Get used to it.

In today's society, who is watching whom? Explore the inner workings of surveillance in America. This six part documentary series, America's Surveillance State, dissects the United States' present surveillance condition. The thesis statement of the series is that privacy as we understand it is an antiquated fantasy - that we need to adjust our way of living to factor in that someone, somewhere is very likely watching our every move for one reason or another.

You believe in Conspiracy Theories?
Cuz this is ONE of them.
Jump on it RWI's.

My municipality has it's eyes on me to make sure the car washers don't get nekkid.If I get caught I'd have to wash their trucks free !

Cuz this is ONE of them.
Jump on it RWI's.
Download android developer. Figure out what the object is for camara and micro phone. Then search for instagations of this in your code. Then come back and talk to us.

Cuz this is ONE of them.
Jump on it RWI's.

If you want to know about who is spying on you and what they can do with your information read the terms of service for Google, Facebook, Amazon, and many others. Read about companies such as Cambridge Analytica. They can mine our data and target us with tailor made political and commercial ads based on our fears or desires. They know how our minds works and how to manipulate it.

Here is an example of commercial spying gone bad. It is about Target, but all stores do the same.

Excerpts:
"As Pole’s computers crawled through the data, he was able to identify about 25 products that, when analyzed together, allowed him to assign each shopper a pregnancy prediction” score. More important, he could also estimate her due date to within a small window, so Target could send coupons timed to very specific stages of her pregnancy."

An angry man went into a Target outside of Minneapolis, demanding to talk to a manager:

“My daughter got this in the mail!” he said. “She’s still in high school, and you’re sending her coupons for baby clothes and cribs? Are you trying to encourage her to get pregnant?”

The manager ... looked at the mailer. Sure enough, it was addressed to the man’s daughter and contained advertisements for maternity clothing, nursery furniture and pictures of smiling infants.

... a few days later ... the father was somewhat abashed. “I had a talk with my daughter,” he said. “It turns out there’s been some activities in my house I haven’t been completely aware of. She’s due in August.

All this type stuff is food for, and a good part of the driving force for, self learning artificial intelligences. They can sift through tens of thousands seemingly insignificant data points and pick out correlations that would never be noticed by humans. In “Minority Report” they were having some fun with it when the main character, who assumed a new identity, starts having ads beamed at his new person by department stores as he walks through them. We will be seeing a lot more of this kind of creepy spying/data crunching.

Forum List

Back