Whoops For Hypocrisy of Al Gore

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'm putting this in politics, while I've yet to find their agenda, there must be one. This is too good to ignore however:

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

I'm putting this in politics, while I've yet to find their agenda, there must be one. This is too good to ignore however:

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

so.... let's glorify people who post personal and private information about citizens in the press - AND REPOST IT! - as long as it suits OUR political agenda?

How droll.

What could be next? hidden camera telefoto lens videos of the Bush's having nasty butt sex? Maybe we could post the names of the presciption medications YOU are taking? That would be appropriate too.

I work for the power industry and customer usage data is confidential information, Methinks this is bullshit, but regardless, it is really tacky.

so.... let's glorify people who post personal and private information about citizens in the press - AND REPOST IT! - as long as it suits OUR political agenda?

How droll.

What could be next? hidden camera telefoto lens videos of the Bush's having nasty butt sex? Maybe we could post the names of the presciption medications YOU are taking? That would be appropriate too.

I work for the power industry and customer usage data is confidential information, Methinks this is bullshit, but regardless, it is really tacky.

So you are cool with the likes of Gore, Streisand, etc. bitching to us about global warming while they spend this much on lighting, heating, private jets, limos, etc.? Oh my, MM, your politics are hypocritical if that is the case.

I at least admitted that there might be an agenda within the post. You don't even bother.

So you are cool with the likes of Gore, Streisand, etc. bitching to us about global warming while they spend this much on lighting, heating, private jets, limos, etc.? Oh my, MM, your politics are hypocritical if that is the case.

I at least admitted that there might be an agenda within the post. You don't even bother.

are you okay with me posting private and confidential information about anyone with whom I disagree politically?

are you okay with me posting private and confidential information about anyone with whom I disagree politically?

Al Gore chose over 30 years ago to be a public figure. You know the answer to the rest, as I came to the defense of private information before.

If what had been posted about you was your service to the UN, which had been reported in other venues, the poster would not have been banned.

There is a difference between outing Al Gore's electric bill, when he won an Oscar for denigrating waste and Maineman's employment as a civilian, retired from the military. Get it?

Al Gore chose over 30 years ago to be a public figure. You know the answer to the rest, as I came to the defense of private information before.

If what had been posted about you was your service to the UN, which had been reported in other venues, the poster would not have been banned.

There is a difference between outing Al Gore's electric bill, when he won an Oscar for denigrating waste and Maineman's employment as a civilian, retired from the military. Get it?

I don't think that anyone's electric bill should be public knowledge...just like I don't think that anyone's medical history should be public knowledge or their credit history or anything else that is considered confidential.

and don't think for a moment that I do not sincerely appreciate your actions on behalf of MY privacy..... is Al Gore not due the same?

Like I said.... I doubt the accuracy and validity of this report in any case... any electric company employee who gave out that information just lost their job and the electric company is open to a law suit...it smells funny to me.

I don't think that anyone's electric bill should be public knowledge...just like I don't think that anyone's medical history should be public knowledge or their credit history or anything else that is considered confidential.

and don't think for a moment that I do not sincerely appreciate your actions on behalf of MY privacy..... is Al Gore not due the same?

Like I said.... I doubt the accuracy and validity of this report in any case... any electric company employee who gave out that information just lost their job and the electric company is open to a law suit...it smells funny to me.

Actually as ugly as it may be, 'public figure' means just that, to the media. Ask anyone at FOX, CBS, NBC, Whitehouse, etc. Just be glad you are not in that. Gore is, with his book, movie, and possible candidacy.

Actually as ugly as it may be, 'public figure' means just that, to the media. Ask anyone at FOX, CBS, NBC, Whitehouse, etc. Just be glad you are not in that. Gore is, with his book, movie, and possible candidacy.

In my industry, the fact that someone is a "public figure" does not make their usage data any less confidential. that's a fact.

In my industry, the fact that someone is a "public figure" does not make their usage data any less confidential. that's a fact.

Well obviously not by that electric company. Not a thing to be done about that. With that said, you haven't a problem with his usage vs. messages to the 'rest of us peons?'

Well obviously not by that electric company. Not a thing to be done about that. With that said, you haven't a problem with his usage vs. messages to the 'rest of us peons?'

I am not convinced the data is reliable and I know that every electric company operates under the same rules...it comes with being federally regulated.

How incredibly pathetic of you m&m. He is caught, admit it, he is a hypocrite and a seriously deranged elitist snob. He needs to come out and apoligize for being such a disingenuous lying fat boy. You should be a defense lawyer because you have absolutely no scrupples, you defend the lowest forms of life as well as vote for them. Maroon.

I am not convinced the data is reliable and I know that every electric company operates under the same rules...it comes with being federally regulated.

You are now sounding like Bully, or RSR, unable to face the truth. Oh well, onto another topic.

How incredibly pathetic of you m&m. He is caught, admit it, he is a hypocrite and a seriously deranged elitist snob. He needs to come out and apoligize for being such a disingenuous lying fat boy. You should be a defense lawyer because you have absolutely no scrupples, you defend the lowest forms of life as well as vote for them. Maroon.

hey sitarro: fuck you. I said I doubt the veracity of that data...I doubt that any electric company would open themselves up to the liability such disregard of confidentiality would bring about.

this is one of those stories that makes headlines on page one, but the retraction is on page eight.

quite simply: I do not believe it...and I find it really laughable that republicans would jump on such a breach of confidential data... but will whine like crazy when it happens to you.

You are now sounding like Bully, or RSR, unable to face the truth. Oh well, onto another topic.

no.... if Gore uses more electricity than I do, does that mean his message is any less valid?

And if I chose to doubt the fact that a regulated public utility would violate customer confidentiality regulations, that does not make me like RSR... I find that to be profoundly insulting.

I'm with maine on this one. Yea, he's a hypocrite, but aren't we all? Look at the divorce rate of Fundamentalist Christians, look at animal rights activists on chemo, look at the Ted Haggard, look at Dr. Phil (fat man writing a diet book? please), at the end of the day we're all fuck ups. That doesn't mean that those habits aren't wrong. If the message is true then it should be headed.

Plus, this news is so 6 months ago. It used to be cool, but now it's just monotonous. Time to move on.

no.... if Gore uses more electricity than I do, does that mean his message is any less valid?

And if I chose to doubt the fact that a regulated public utility would violate customer confidentiality regulations, that does not make me like RSR... I find that to be profoundly insulting.

I have no doubt that you use more than average, just an educated guess by what you've posted regarding income. However, Al Gore is speaking to 'America', right? Most of us have less. But we are to cut back? What about him, you, and the rest of the 'do gooders', hypocrits?

I have no doubt that you use more than average, just an educated guess by what you've posted regarding income. However, Al Gore is speaking to 'America', right? Most of us have less. But we are to cut back? What about him, you, and the rest of the 'do gooders', hypocrits?

I have energy saving flourescent lightbulbs in every single damned fixture in my house...I car pool to work, and when I drive, it is an extremely miserly VW jetta .... I set the thermostat to 57 degrees after 9PM and it is 62 before that. My 1812 federal home is not air conditioned and I have paid to have it super insulated.... I recycle EVERYTHING... I do my part - and admittedly, in the beginning, at the forceful urging of my extremely environmentally aware wife - but I do it.... and what Al Gore's electric bill is is his damned business and none of mine and has NO impact on whether I think that we are fouling our nest and need to do something about it.

I'm shocked that a "MANSION" would use more electricity than your average home. Geeez.

So the 'rich' should be excused for using too much? I mean, if you can afford a mansion, why should you listen to Al Gore. Whoops.

New Topics

Forum List

Back