Whole Foods vs. BLM

When the NFL allowed their players to get political, they lost money in attendance and ratings. When entertainers got political they lost fans and so did Hollywood and the music industry. I believe their last awards shows got the lowest ratings last time they were on.

As we all know, jocks and entertainers are the stupidest people on the planet. The only people dumber than them are the people they work for because they allowed it to happen.

WF is much smarter than that. Don't offend anybody and they can keep all their customers.
I checked out a couple OF NFL games on Sunday (for a few minutes). They still have preachy, idiotic, messages on many player helmets and in huge lettering in the endzone. Screw them.

BLM and it's supporters are a curse on this country. But the riots, crime and destruction have been going on for many decades, so the curse is not new. (The curse may have begun in 1619).

Cops should be allowed to do their jobs. Looters and rioters should be shot on sight. If these criminals hate this country so fucking much, let's "help" and encourage them to leave.

Last edited:
Stephen Kissler, a research fellow in the Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, said in a February 11, 2021 Vox article that while more people received a flu vaccine this year, the sharp drop in cases was probably largely driven by mask-wearing and distancing. Kissler suggested that wearing masks in the future could be an effective way of helping control flu outbreaks. “Wearing masks in the wintertime, I think it’s something that might be here to stay,” he said.
A sharp drop in flu cases during COVID-19 pandemic

“Though caused by a different virus from the one that causes COVID-19, the flu is also a respiratory viral disease, so everything we are doing to slow transmission of COVID-19 should also reduce transmission of flu,” says Klein, an associate professor of emergency medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. (Read about how to protect yourself from the flu and COVID-19.)
Flu Cases Decline Dramatically This Season

huh... well there's some logic in that there science.

Not one bit of science in any of your links. The guy quoted said "probably". Sorry, but that's not good enough evidence to force anyone to do something against their will, something that MAY EVEN BE HARMFUL to them.

I checked out a couple OF NFL games on Sunday (for a few minutes). They still have preachy, idiotic, messages on many player helmets and in huge lettering in the endzone. Screw them.

BLM and it's supporters are a curse on this country. But the riots, crime and destruction have been going on for many decades, so the curse is not new. (The curse may have begun in 1619).

Cops should be allowed to do their jobs. Looters and rioters should be shot on sight. If these criminals hate this country so fucking much, let's "help" and encourage them to leave.

People are slowly forgetting the kneeling disrespecting our flag and police officers of this country. They will not shut down even with people like me who haven't turned on an NFL game since. They are not welcome in my home.

When entertainers promote their politics on stage or on the field, a third of their audience could care less. They ignore it and only came to be entertained. Another third will support their protests and nasty jokes. The last third are deeply offended and simply have the courage and integrity to turn them off and never return. That's why it's so stupid to allow them to do shit like that. Leave politics out of it and you piss off nobody in your audience. After all, it's that audience that pays their multi-million dollar salaries.

This was highlighted in Laura Ingraham's book Shut Up and Sing.

Not one bit of science in any of your links. The guy quoted said "probably". Sorry, but that's not good enough evidence to force anyone to do something against their will, something that MAY EVEN BE HARMFUL to them.

gimmee credible unbiased scientific articles to back up YER claim.

seems to be an incredible coiny dinky that last year's flu case stats were vastly & undeniably lower than previous years.

hmmmmmm......

That's what I just said

Only the government can violate your first amendment rights

you have to remember some States have laws on the books that protect a person's political speech off the clock against retaliation from an employer.

NY is one of those States, where I live, so my statement probably applies more here than other places.

NY law extends 1st amendment protections by proxy to businesses, but only when a person is not on the clock.

I'm with Whole Foods. Workplace should stay apolitical.

But as far as BLM being a terrorist organization....they look like choir kids compared to the 1/6 insurrectionists.
"

738 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.""​

View attachment 586611
Hahahahahahaha right choir kids while stealing, lighting and shooting everything in sight compared to waving flags. Is your brain hooked up backwards???

you have to remember some States have laws on the books that protect a person's political speech off the clock against retaliation from an employer.

NY is one of those States, where I live, so my statement probably applies more here than other places.

NY law extends 1st amendment protections by proxy to businesses, but only when a person is not on the clock.
Off the clock is not at work.

This thread is about what employees wear at work

And we'll have to agree to disagree unless you can come up with a link showing a state that is not subject to NLRB or EEOC regulations.
A few states grant BROADER privilege regarding political speech in the workplace.

In these instances, Whole Foods may NOT silence such speech.

SCOTUS may weigh in if WF chooses to take it that far.

A few states grant BROADER privilege regarding political speech in the workplace.

In these instances, Whole Foods may NOT silence such speech.

SCOTUS may weigh in if WF chooses to take it that far.
NLRB and EEOC regulations are "minimums" A business may be more strict, but they must meet the minimums. Just like minimum wage. A state can have a higher minimum wage but not a lower.

NLRB and EEOC regulations are "minimums" A business may be more strict, but they must meet the minimums. Just like minimum wage. A state can have a higher minimum wage but not a lower.
Yes - you seem to understand, so I don't know why we were having trouble earlier.

States may grant ADDITIONAL rights, and as long as these don't constrain federally recognized rights, they may not be stripped by any authority barring SCOTUS involvement.

Thus Whole Foods is correct in most states, but in trouble in those states which grant additional rights to political speech in the workplace.

Glad we sorted that out, and I have no idea why it was so difficult!

Forum List

Back