Whole Constitution Pledge

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I wonder, do they support the 18th Amendment?

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 4? (That is a favorite of mine actually. I wish the mandate was a tax so that the court could strike it down on the basis of it being facially unconstitutional because it violates this.)

Article 5, which actually gives us those amendments they suddenly admire?

Through the Constitution, “We the People” created the most enduring government charter in world history. Building on the achievements of the Founding generation, successive generations of Americans have created a “more perfect union” through constitutional Amendments. These Amendments have improved our Constitution by ending slavery, enshrining guarantees of equality and citizenship, expanding the right to vote, and ensuring that the national government has the power and resources necessary to protect the nation, address national challenges and secure civil rights.
Some have advocated repeal of Amendments, including the 14th Amendment, the 16th Amendment, and the 17th Amendment, that make our Constitution better and this country great. Some have even failed to heed the lessons of the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement and have advocated a return to ideas of secession and nullification.
I believe that our Constitution has been improved by the Amendments adopted over the last 220 years.
I pledge to support the whole Constitution.

Constitutional Progressives

The explanations of their positions are particularly telling.

Article 1, Section 9, Clause 4? (That is a favorite of mine actually. I wish the mandate was a tax so that the court could strike it down on the basis of it being facially unconstitutional because it violates this.)

Through the Constitution, “We the People” created the most enduring government charter in world history. Building on the achievements of the Founding generation, successive generations of Americans have created a “more perfect union” through constitutional Amendments. These Amendments have improved our Constitution by ending slavery, enshrining guarantees of equality and citizenship, expanding the right to vote, and ensuring that the national government has the power and resources necessary to protect the nation, address national challenges and secure civil rights.
Some have advocated repeal of Amendments, including the 14th Amendment, the 16th Amendment, and the 17th Amendment, that make our Constitution better and this country great. Some have even failed to heed the lessons of the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement and have advocated a return to ideas of secession and nullification.
I believe that our Constitution has been improved by the Amendments adopted over the last 220 years.

So I take it you are the self appointed guardian/interpretor of our Constitution?

Oh holier than thou. May I perchance read said document? Am I blindly to support all amendments giving up my right to retract or amend such amendments? I think not. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of why we may have amendments to begin with?

Last edited:

So I take it you are the self appointed guardian/interpretor of our Constitution?

Repel direct election of Senators and term limits on the Presidency. Draft an Amendment that makes it clear that illegal aliens giving birth in this Country does not make their children citizens.

You won't find my name on that pledge, or any other pledge or petition.

Oh holier than thou. May I perchance read said document? Am I blindly to support all amendments giving up my right to retract or amend such amendments? I think not. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of why we may have amendments to begin with?

That makes you a TEA Party asshole who wants to take the Constitution away from progressives.

Welcome to the club.

That makes you a TEA Party asshole who wants to take the Constitution away from progressives.

Welcome to the club.

I stated my position and it includes not wishing to take the Constitution away from anyone including when the judgement or winds of chaage may go against the way I view it.

Welcome to the club.

Amendments are part and parcel of the Constitution, INCLUDING any new ones that get passed. If you support the Constitution then you support the Amendment process for said document. Or your claim you support the whole Constitution is a lie.

Forum List

Back