Who will be the new conservative leadership

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Obviously President Bush isnt going lead the conservative movement. So who should it be?

Neither of them have a chance. Both would just split the Republican party in half.

Neither will get the nomination. So back to the question. Who is the new conservative leadership

Neither of them have a chance. Both would just split the Republican party in half.

Which at this point wouldnt be a bad thing. IF we split between conservatives and moderates we would lose for awhile but ultimately, the moderates in the Democrat party would have more power to tell the extremists to back off. Thus a split could occur there eventually as well. We then would have 4 parties. Liberals, Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives.

Sure its a pipe dream that would take probably 50 to 60 years to get any head way on but its a nice theory.

Which at this point wouldnt be a bad thing. IF we split between conservatives and moderates we would lose for awhile but ultimately, the moderates in the Democrat party would have more power to tell the extremists to back off. Thus a split could occur there eventually as well. We then would have 4 parties. Liberals, Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives.

Sure its a pipe dream that would take probably 50 to 60 years to get any head way on but its a nice theory.

The Democrats have been split since the 70s and to date your theory has not come to fruition. The last time the Republicans were split we had Bill Clinton for 8 years.

Neither will get the nomination. So back to the question. Who is the new conservative leadership

We can narrow this down real quick. Which conservative has National appeal to both hardline and moderate conservatives?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that appeals to both.

We can narrow this down real quick. Which conservative has National appeal to both hardline and moderate conservatives?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that appeals to both.

Yeah I know which really sucks. maybe we all should start running for office and be the leaders:) I mean hey, if you cant find someone else to do it, do it yourself right?

Possible, but from what I understand he is mostly a one issue person. I could be wrong.

Actually not. He is a rather well-rounded politician. Unfortunately the Press and the fact he believes that the Border is paramount to our security makes it seem that way.

Actually not. He is a rather well-rounded politician. Unfortunately the Press and the fact he believes that the Border is paramount to our security makes it seem that way.

Well then he is atleast one person we can look to.

I've heard nothing but good things about Tancredo. Unfortunately, IIRC, he has a past indiscretion he is unwilling to let the libs and MSM go into hyperdrive over.

He says he'll run for President (not expecting to win, of course) if nobody takes leadership on the Border and Ports... So, people may be seeing alot more of him.

He's a great guy personally too. I had the pleasure of meeting him several times this year at events in the Campaigns. He wasn't campaigning much for himself as Winter is a 'tard who stood no chance.

Rep. Duncan Hunter from San Diego. He is Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee. He has recently delared that he will run for the Presidency. He's a long-shot and needs to relay his position on many issues, but I like what I know of him so far. He is a stand-up guy. We'll see what happens. I cannot think of any Reps that have made it to the White House. McCain and Guliani may be moderates, but they actually have a shot.

http://www.house.gov/hasc/welcome/

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-10-31T005215Z_01_N30469368_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-POLITICS-HUNTER.xml&src=rss

The Democrats have been split since the 70s and to date your theory has not come to fruition. The last time the Republicans were split we had Bill Clinton for 8 years.

They may have been split but they stayed together to try and keep power. If republicans truly split and create 2 parties then the moderate wing of the Dems would not have to cater to the Liberal wing. Thus they would tell them to pipe down and tow the line or the liberals would also split off on their own. Someone has to do it first otherwise it will never happen. But if it does happen, it would be good for the country's progress i believe.

Forum List

Back