who was better Bush jr or Clinton?

On this board? lol... just gonna give everyone a chance to restate what's been said about upteen times. The right-wingers are gonna talk about Bill's indiscretions.... and the left is gonna talk about George's ... well... George's...

on this one...(amazing no!) 'Better at what? If ya are referring to covering their tracks...I give GW the thumbs up...He may not have gone to VN...but hey at least he joined the Texas ANG....Where was Billy...and where was Billy's brains when he left behind the DNA evidence on the blue dress...a no brainer here!:wank:

A broad question indeed. Clinton was definately the better politician. There are a million issues to compare the two but here are a couple.They were different presidents at different times in our history. Clinton governed when the economy was on the upswing and Bush governed when the economy was in recession. I give that one to Bush for cutting taxes and stimulating the economy.

Unemployment was at record lows during the Clinton administration and while they initially went up during the Bush presidency they are well below 5% today. I call that one a tie.

There was no war on terror during the Clinton administration (at least from our side) and while Bush has made some mistakes in handling post 911 foreign affairs, I cant help but think he was better than Clinton who wanted to handle terror issues as a crime instead of using military action.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
A broad question indeed. Clinton was definately the better politician. There are a million issues to compare the two but here are a couple.They were different presidents at different times in our history. Clinton governed when the economy was on the upswing and Bush governed when the economy was in recession. I give that one to Bush for cutting taxes and stimulating the economy.

Unemployment was at record lows during the Clinton administration and while they initially went up during the Bush presidency they are well below 5% today. I call that one a tie.

There was no war on terror during the Clinton administration (at least from our side) and while Bush has made some mistakes in handling post 911 foreign affairs, I cant help but think he was better than Clinton who wanted to handle terror issues as a crime instead of using military action.

There was no war on terrorism during the Clinton administration...LOL...Good Lord Dude ya have your proverbial head up your arse or what...I worked anti-terrorism dating back to the seventees...and what about all the 'cruise missels' Billy sent to abandon targets during his reign? NOT A VERY IMPRESSIVE ARGUMENT HERE!(being sarcastic as usual...lol)

There was no war on terrorism during the Clinton administration...LOL...Good Lord Dude ya have your proverbial head up your arse or what...I worked anti-terrorism dating back to the seventees...and what about all the 'cruise missels' Billy sent to abandon targets during his reign? NOT A VERY IMPRESSIVE ARGUMENT HERE!(being sarcastic as usual...lol)

I beg your pardon....I heard former President Clinton say to Chris Wallace just yesterday how he waged the wot.;)

I think GW is the better president. Considering he inherited a declining economy, a populace that was tired of scandals, was coming in with nearly 1/2 the country believing he was 'not elected', he managed to turn it around after 9/11.

I was very unhappy with his performance up to that point. He was spending all his time 'reaching out' to those he felt were alienated by the election. I thought he was ignoring foreign affairs, which in light of the USS Cole bombing, was dangerous indeed. Then 9/11 happened and everything changed.

Clinton's first 2 years, never mind first 8 months, were riddled with scandals. He inherited an economy in recovery and rising, riding the wave of the .com and takeover boom. His administration's message to those who hadn't supported him, 'Someday you'll recognize you were wrong.'

I'll credit Clinton for politically learning from the 1994 fallout elections, though the DNC has yet to recover from that, they do have hope, albeit falling hope, for recovering in November. He grabbed onto the welfare reform movement from the GOP and owned it. It's probably his durable legacy. It won't be the Palestinian or Kosovo affairs, nor even Ireland/UK that he tried to own.

I think his personal problems with self-discipline, caused his legacy grievious harm, but perhaps there was no choice. Like his hero, JFK, he felt compelled. So he has to live with that, he was not 'cut down' before it all came out. Somehow I don't think he regrets that loss.

GW is a less gifted orator, but holds more than his own for holding his positions. If he were a Clinton, he would be dangling withdrawing from Iraq, but he isn't. In fact, looks like we'll be sending more troops, contrary to what it looked like a few short months ago. He seems willing to let 'history' judge him, rather than the polls. It could go either way, but my guess, he'll get kudos for sticking with his choice.

Domestically, I think they both suck, though Clinton less, because of welfare reform. Bush gets credit for tax cuts, but his failure to cut a deal on SSI and Medicare/Medicaid coupled with needed military expenses fails.

Bush is by far a better president.

Rather than dazzle them with bull shit, as Clinton did, Bush actually DID SOMETHING.

Through his tax cuts he put money back in the hands of people that knew what to do with it, THE PEOPLE.

Bush is a "war time president" Clinton never was, and couldn't be. He was COMPLETLY lost.

Bush has guided our "ship" through some terrible waters, Clinton would have stacked it up on the sand bar.

What most people, that follow politics can't seem to get straight about our current President is, HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, AND HE DOES WHAT HE SAYS. How fucking refreshing is THAT?

END OF STORY....................:shocked: :rock: :finger:

Bush is by far a better president.

Rather than dazzle them with bull shit, as Clinton did, Bush actually DID SOMETHING.

Through his tax cuts he put money back in the hands of people that knew what to do with it, THE PEOPLE.

Bush is a "war time president" Clinton never was, and couldn't be. He was COMPLETLY lost.

Bush has guided our "ship" through some terrible waters, Clinton would have stacked it up on the sand bar.

What most people, that follow politics can't seem to get straight about our current President is, HE SAYS WHAT HE MEANS, AND HE DOES WHAT HE SAYS. How fucking refreshing is THAT?

END OF STORY....................:shocked: :rock: :finger:
i thought that clinton cut taxes as well? was i wrong?

22 million new jobs (in 8 years)
Brady Bill
Crime Bill
Deficit Reduction Plan (lower interest rates, reduced payments on loans)
Family and Medical Leave Act
Earned Income Tax Credit
Cut bureaucracy
Direct Student Loan Program
NAFTA
GATT
Small business Tax Cuts
Strengthened Medicare
Increased Vet Benefits
Fastest and Longest Real Wage Growth in Over Three Decades
Unemployment Lowest in Over Three Decades
Highest Homeownership Rate in History
Lowest Poverty Rate Since 1979
Largest One-Year Drop in Child Poverty in More than Three Decades
Increased the Minimum Wage
Opening the Doors of College to All Americans
Expanding Work Study and Pell Grants
Decreased unemployment rates for minorities
Increased funding to Head Start Program
Lowest Percentage of Americans on Welfare in 35 Years as More Recipients Go to Work
Smallest Federal Civilian Workforce in 40 Years
Lowest Federal Spending as a Share of the Economy Since 1966

that happened under clinton let's compare that to bush

i thought that clinton cut taxes as well? was i wrong?

Naw he just promised a tax cut for the middle class to get elected and then decided against it when he took office. He claimed he didnt have all of the information he needed when he made his promise. Pretty typical of his eight years in office.

New Topics

Forum List

Back