Who Said This About Women?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shewn by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain—whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music, —comprising composition and performance, history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation of averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on 'Hereditary Genius', that if men are capable of decided eminence over women in many subjects, the average standard of mental power in man must be above that of woman."

So do you think the cancel culture would want to cancel this person if they find out it was Charles Darwin on page 327 of his "Descent of Man" book?

I presume feminists would want Darwin removed from libraries and schools?

Maybe he will get canceled; however, hardly anyone knows what he has written on page 327 of that book. Hardly anyone cares.

You've done it now!!! Burn him buuuuuuuurn him!!!!!!:eek::muahaha:
Yeah! Dig up his grave and burn what's left of his bones!!!!! Tear down any statues erected in honor of him. Burn those books. Strike his name from the AP Biology Exam.

"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shewn by man attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than woman can attain—whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music, —comprising composition and performance, history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation of averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on 'Hereditary Genius', that if men are capable of decided eminence over women in many subjects, the average standard of mental power in man must be above that of woman."

So do you think the cancel culture would want to cancel this person if they find out it was Charles Darwin on page 327 of his "Descent of Man" book?

I presume feminists would want Darwin removed from libraries and schools?

Men RULE!

:dance:

I wanna know why apes stopped turning into people?
They never did.
We had a common ancestor, as the theory goes. Thats why our DNA is so close.
The DNA between an African and European is half of the difference between me and a chimp.

They never did.
The DNA between an African and European is half of the difference between me and a chimp.
Some guy wrote a book claiming we came from aliens and the Sumerians.
1619700525807.png

They never did.
Some guy wrote a book claiming we came from aliens and the Sumerians.
View attachment 485186
I know it sounds silly to many but i dont disregard that we could have been put here by aliens. Our "supreme being" if you will.

Then again, its not any more silly than stories about the abrahamic or nordic religion. Lol

Then again, its not any more silly than stories about the abrahamic or nordic religion. Lol
I read that book I mentioned and in it he makes reference to many religious events. I can't recall all of them but it was very interesting, plus his translations of the cuneiform writings were creepy.

For example, it was written that the aliens referred to the Earth as the seventh planet and I thought that was stupid until he explained that the Earth is the seventh planet if you count coming into the solar system with Pluto being first. Also, Pluto was "discovered" in 1930, but is referenced in cuneiform writings and carvings 6000 years ago.

Forum List

Back