Who Pays Taxes?

acuster

Rookie
Oct 2, 2011
I have really had my fill of the lies spread by the conservatives. First to say that anyone making $20,000 a year or less pay no income tax is a straight-up lie. I know many that make that or less and they all pay income tax. The one example I will share is a person making $17,500 a year. Not counting social security, the government kept $660 of his money last year.
To those making more than $20,000 this may seem like a pittance. But to him it is an amount that could have helped him get by on his subsistence living.
Second, to say that the wealthy pay a higher rate than everyone else is a lie. It is true that on paper their income tax rate is higher. But the truth is the more money you have the more loop-holes there are for you to avoid paying those taxes. So many of the wealthiest end up paying little or no income tax.
Then there is the matter of saying we should not tax the job creators. Why? Because Mexico, India and China need more jobs?
For the last 40 years, the wealthy have been moving jobs to those countries for the cheap labor in order to increase their profits, at the same time getting more and more tax breaks and government subsidies-our tax dollars. Sure, the wealthy create jobs, just not in this country.
I urge all reading this to wake up. And if you make $20,000 or less, write to news papers and on the net exposing the lies that you pay no income taxes. We need to stop these conservatives from spreading these ridicules lies.

Pretty much anyone with any money at all pays some taxes.

About half the US worker population is so underpaid that they do not pay FEDERAL income taxes, but even they about 7.5% pay social security and medicare taxes.

Though in local real estate taxes (which they pay even if they rent) and sales taxes; taxes on gasoline; fees, licenses and so forth?

Nobody doesn't pay taxes.

A quick estimate of the taxes I pay every year suggests that roughly 25% of my income goes to local state and federal taxes OTHER THAN income tax.

I sincerely WISH I was paying that 33% tax rate of people making oodles of money.

Sadly I'm not.

Anybody who is, you're more than welcome to trade places with me.

I'll take your residual income AFTER you paid every cent you pay in taxes, and you can take mine after I pay my paultry local state and federal taxes.

Who's willing?

Anybody?

Anybody?

Didn't think so.

You are totally wrong as I have shown in my post. Even if you are a working poor you pay income tax. Do facts not mean anything to you? $17,500 is below poverty level but you still pay income tax.
WAKE UP! How long will you buy the lie?

New Topics

Forum List

Back