Who owns America's history?

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Who owns America's history? Well, for now the progressives do.
Progressives do not want to discuss their history. I want to discuss their history.

progressingamerica: Who owns America's history? Well, for now the progressives do.
16 Jan 2021 ~~
There's a rather uninteresting article over at National Geographicthat puffs up rioters and sculptors. The real issue though is a little bit deeper than that.
American history is in fact naturally conservative. It's anti-statist, pro-individual, and and based on Judeo-Christian principles. Why so few conservatives play in this arena is beyond me given the natural advantages, but it is what it is.
The fact is, conservatives gave history to the progresives. Ever since Charles Beard started propagandizing the Founders with his 1913 "Economic Interpretation" (reinterpretation) of the Founders, the Progressives have set out on a century's-long journey to first misunderstand, then erase, then replace the Founders as something else entirely from what they actually were.
And they did it 100% unopposed. Nobody wanted to oppose them. That is why in an oversimplified but accurate way, progressives have come to own history and it happened simply by being the only team who showed up to play ball.
It's amazing what you can do when you don't have any opposition.

Comment:
You don’t get a tenured position with Universities being a onservative truthful historian.

I had to take a history course at Hunter College/NYU as part of my studies (I was a Chemistry major). Well, the only course that fit my schedule was some nonsensical class about Marxist social history.
I went to the first class, and that was it. For the rest of the semester I went to the chemistry lab instead. I belonged there anyway.
Ah, but I did take the final exam. It was an essay exam. I wrote exactly what I thought a Marxist professor would want to hear. Power to the people! I got an A. So I guess I’m an expert on the subject.
At a later date I immersed myself in researching the true history of America and was astonished at the truth and lies of the Progressive Marxist Leftist respresented under the many guises of Progressive. Liberal and of course Marxists within our country.
The PM/DSA Left continues to erase or rewrite American and World History and it's important that their lies be exposed and the truth be revealed.
Conservatives need their own historians. We need more recognition and awards for conservative achievers. There are very few corporations or cultural institutions that cater to conservatives. It seems like they all cater to the left.

"Who controls the past controls the future, and who controls the present controls the past". -- George Orwell

“Liberals write history” -- Richard Nixon​

Progressives do not want to discuss their history. I want to discuss their history.

progressingamerica: Who owns America's history? Well, for now the progressives do.
16 Jan 2021 ~~
There's a rather uninteresting article over at National Geographicthat puffs up rioters and sculptors. The real issue though is a little bit deeper than that.
American history is in fact naturally conservative. It's anti-statist, pro-individual, and and based on Judeo-Christian principles. Why so few conservatives play in this arena is beyond me given the natural advantages, but it is what it is.
The fact is, conservatives gave history to the progresives. Ever since Charles Beard started propagandizing the Founders with his 1913 "Economic Interpretation" (reinterpretation) of the Founders, the Progressives have set out on a century's-long journey to first misunderstand, then erase, then replace the Founders as something else entirely from what they actually were.
And they did it 100% unopposed. Nobody wanted to oppose them. That is why in an oversimplified but accurate way, progressives have come to own history and it happened simply by being the only team who showed up to play ball.

Comment:
You don’t get a tenured position with Universities being a onservative truthful historian.

I had to take a history course at Hunter College/NYU as part of my studies (I was a Chemistry major). Well, the only course that fit my schedule was some nonsensical class about Marxist social history.
I went to the first class, and that was it. For the rest of the semester I went to the chemistry lab instead. I belonged there anyway.
Ah, but I did take the final exam. It was an essay exam. I wrote exactly what I thought a Marxist professor would want to hear. Power to the people! I got an A. So I guess I’m an expert on the subject.
At a later date I immersed myself in researching the true history of America and was astonished at the truth and lies of the Progressive Marxist Leftist respresented under the many guises of Progressive. Liberal and of course Marxists within our country.
The PM/DSA Left continues to erase or rewrite American and World History and it's important that their lies be exposed and the truth be revealed.
Conservatives need their own historians. We need more recognition and awards for conservative achievers. There are very few corporations or cultural institutions that cater to conservatives. It seems like they all cater to the left.

"Who controls the past controls the future, and who controls the present controls the past". -- George Orwell

In my opinion, I own it. You can all start sending me royalty payments via USMB if you like.

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

In my opinion, I own it. You can all start sending me royalty payments via USMB if you like.

Cool story bro

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Cool story bro
Thanks! And my wife says I need to get some new material. Huh! :abgg2q.jpg:

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Cool story bro
Homo

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Cool story bruh. Apparently though you didn't immerse yourself in history at all, or you would have known that "Progressives" had run their course by a century ago. Oops.

Whelp, that was easy.

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Cool story bro
Homo
My wife the mother of our 3 adult kid wouldn't agree, but cool story bro. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Cool story bro
Homo
My wife the mother of our 3 adult kid wouldn't agree, but cool story bro. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
You sure she is a girl?

The granddaughter told us that WWII started when James Doolittle launched a sneak attack on Tokyo killing mostly civilians. She knew nothing of Pearl Harbor. I played Roosevelt's address to the nation. She never heard of that.

The Left (call them whatever name you want) has control of the revisionist pens and erasers. No one or nothing is off limits. More statues will be toppled, more inspiring figures will be dragged through the mud all in the name of erecting the New World Order. It's already happening and will accelerate under China Joe and BLM.

Care to provide specific examples to support your position other than random. You got an "A" because you wrote the paper well and not because the teacher agreed with it.

She should have borne you 3 baby kids ... they're a lot more fun ...

Conservatives want smaller government, less spending and lower taxes ... public education is low hanging fruit ... that's why universities are full of liberals ... conservatives need to get better at teaching their own how to read and write, and start writing the histories yourself ... if you're going to leave this to liberals, quit complaining ...

Right ... anti-trust laws are evil ... women's suffrage should be repealed ... ideals of the uneducated ...

Care to provide specific examples to support your position other than random. You got an "A" because you wrote the paper well and not because the teacher agreed with it.

Check for plagiarism ... counted the pages ... never got read ... class was designed for the non-majors ... the OP admits to not even attending class and all of a sudden he's a world renowned expert ... chemistry = B's in math ... ha ha ha ha ...

16 Jan 2021 ~~

Comment:

Well, if the November 3 election was honest (and Twitter & Facebook say that we had better say that it was!), then 80,000,000 Americans will soon be getting what they voted for.

And I hope that they will be pleased.

If they aren't, too bad!

They made their bed. Now lie in it.

She should have borne you 3 baby kids ... they're a lot more fun ...

Conservatives want smaller government, less spending and lower taxes ... public education is low hanging fruit ... that's why universities are full of liberals ... conservatives need to get better at teaching their own how to read and write, and start writing the histories yourself ... if you're going to leave this to liberals, quit complaining ...

Right ... anti-trust laws are evil ... women's suffrage should be repealed ... ideals of the uneducated ...
I am not complaining. I was taught the history of our country back when public school education was still educating and it shaped my understanding, along with 20 years service. Last week, I overheard as a young teacher talked the 2nd graders through a 2nd grade understanding of the founding fathers, the declaration of independence, constitution and bill of rights. She was dead on. I am not thrilled about distance learning in the elementary grades, but she does a good job and I am glad my granddaughter is in her class.

The granddaughter told us that WWII started when James Doolittle launched a sneak attack on Tokyo killing mostly civilians. She knew nothing of Pearl Harbor. I played Roosevelt's address to the nation. She never heard of that.

That's a lie.

Forum List

Back