Who Likes Camping?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Because I nearly forgot to announce that our virtual campout isn't this upcoming Friday, but the Friday after it. :)

18127_ame199ddextpicnicareaoct2018email.jpg

Just bought this unit last year.
Getting to the age where I no longer really wish to tent it.
Now we have to take two vehicles, so the wife can tow the boat.

One place I do like to tent is Voyageurs National Park on the MN Ontario border. Boat in campsites miles from the road and civilization on tens of thousands of acres of waterways...
Some sites even have docks...
20200605_071526.jpg

20200605_071456.jpg

Yep...
Back when I was a kid it was a pup tent and a sleeping bag.
And if you went the wrong time of year you either sweated your ass off or you froze.

the trick to camping is to really go backpacking to the point of thirst and exhaustion... it wont matter how hot or cold it is you'll hopefully just pass out after you put your tent up with your cold, numb fingers

View attachment 648446

One place I do like to tent is Voyageurs National Park on the MN Ontario border. Boat in campsites miles from the road and civilization on tens of thousands of acres of waterways...
View attachment 648447
View attachment 648448

That would be the pride of my trailer park any day of the week.

View attachment 648446

View attachment 648447
View attachment 648448

We picked up the Lance a year or so ago.
Haven't had much of a chance to use it due to the hip surgery.

1A44F883-EF22-4815-89D3-C210C13C6D5A.jpeg

79F3898B-8A02-447D-B052-6E7B2C16C0BC.jpeg

A1A8AB61-76F1-4D09-BAC5-D25648541F51.jpeg

63BBE85B-2548-4A7F-A1AE-D89EA01F3E5B.jpeg

Attachments

• E5CCDCA6-B91C-44E3-B751-F7413D78ADAD.jpeg
    E5CCDCA6-B91C-44E3-B751-F7413D78ADAD.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 8
What's getting to be a huge industry in the north is the towable Ice Castle travel trailers for ice fishing.
Some of these units rival and are as nice as any summer RV. The wheels raise up to lower unit onto the ice, and removable holes are in the floor for dropping a line. You can hookup your sonar or underwater camera to a big screen TV. Winter camping in style.
Some folks use them as a summer camper also.
download (39).jpeg

download (38).jpeg

Better be damn sure the ice is good.

What's getting to be a huge industry in the north is the towable Ice Castle travel trailers for ice fishing.
Some of these units rival and are as nice as any summer RV. The wheels raise up to lower unit onto the ice, and removable holes are in the floor for dropping a line. You can hookup your sonar or underwater camera to a big screen TV. Winter camping in style.
Some folks use them as a summer camper also.
View attachment 648737
View attachment 648738

Better be damn sure the ice is good.

I've noticed a lot of these on YouTube.
Ya gotta wonder how much insurance would be.

I've noticed a lot of these on YouTube.
Ya gotta wonder how much insurance would be.
I am also curious as most auto policies won't cover truck for going through ice. Looking up information about fish houses says some companies for a price will cover loss in the lake, but you have to request a quote. There are expensive companies that specialize with divers to get your rig out, and the owner just usually has to bite it. DNR also fines you everyday it's at the bottom.

I still crap my pants just driving my jeep out, let alone another few thousand pounds. I gotta imagine the corrosive road salt is rough on the trailer too. It sure is on my snowmobile trailer.

We decided not to go that route.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back