Who knows "critical thinking", Russia or the CDC regarding the COVID vaccines?

Is Russia's decision to approve the vaccine early too risky, or worth the risk to save many lives?

• Too risky, Russia should have followed established testing protocols, even if it costs lives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worth the risk, if it saves many more lives than without the vaccine in the next 6-months

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The US should also approve COVID vaccines after passing phases I & II to save lives

• Phase-3 tests makes no sense, giving the vaccine to 15,000 people and a placebo to 15,000 people?!

• Why don't the 150,000 US deaths from now thru December matter?

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
These are the "factoids":
1. Both the US and Russian vaccines passed the phase-I and phase-II trials.
2. Both the US and Russian vaccines proved safe and effective, but on a limited population size.
3. The US vaccines MUST pass phase-III trials on 30,000 or so users before approval for use by everyone.
4. There may be as many as (10) US vaccines being tested, so about 300,000 people will be tested in total.
5. In the time that the US is doing phase-III testing (now thru Dec) about 150,000 additional US deaths due to the virus will happen.
6. Instead of using "placebo" doses and condemning 150,000 people to death, Russia approved the vaccine for use, even if it proves 50% effective.

So which country has better "critical thinking" skills regarding total deaths at risk?
Note: as many as (10) different vaccines will be going thru phase-1 and phase-II testing in the next 12-months, so if one vaccine proves only 50% effective, the next ones might be better. But 50% effective is still better than no vaccine, isn't it?
Lets take a poll.

2. Both the US and Russian vaccines proved safe and effective, but on a limited population size.
3. The US vaccines MUST pass phase-III trials on 30,000 or so users before approval for use by everyone.
4. There may be as many as (10) US vaccines being tested, so about 300,000 people will be tested in total.
5. In the time that the US is doing phase-III testing (now thru Dec) about 150,000 additional US deaths due to the virus will happen.
6. Instead of using "placebo" doses and condemning 150,000 people to death, Russia approved the vaccine for use, even if it proves 50% effective.

So which country has better "critical thinking" skills regarding total deaths at risk?
Note: as many as (10) different vaccines will be going thru phase-1 and phase-II testing in the next 12-months, so if one vaccine proves only 50% effective, the next ones might be better. But 50% effective is still better than no vaccine, isn't it?
Lets take a poll.

A covid19 vaccine.....interesting. But

No country on the face of mother earth has been able to isolate and identify precisely what covid19 is and create a test to identify the same

Scientists have been trying for years to create a safe RNA Vaccine but suddenly here we have two countries claiming that they did it ............hummmmmmmmmm

what is the purpose of creating a vaccine when CDC-Pentagon scientists can engineered viruses to circumvent the immune system ?!?!?!?!?!?

Why has a cure for the common cold never been found before?

A cold is caused by a bunch of different viruses. I guess it's more of a catchall word than a singular disease.

Exactly. It has been known since , at least 1965 , that the coronavirus family causes upper respiratory infections - (common cold) Scientists have never been able to create a safe RNA vaccine.

Suddenly , in less than 7 months they claim to have created one.

Either they are lying so they can rake in $$$gazillions or the vaccine consists of just normal saline.

Either way , they are going to need the Delta Force to force me to vaccinate.

A cold is caused by a bunch of different viruses. I guess it's more of a catchall word than a singular disease.
Coronavirus is a variation of the common cold.

Lets take a poll.

Has the data for the Russian vaccine been published publicly? I thought I had read that there was little available information about their research. Additionally, it isn't just a question of effectiveness, but safety, with this sort of fast-tracking.

I hope the vaccine is effective and safe, because the sooner the world gets a handle on this virus, the better. I just don't think I trust Russia's government enough to believe it will be. I have a hard enough time trusting our own.

Coronavirus is a variation of the common cold.

I don't know if you ignored those links, but the common cold is apparently caused by a number of different viruses. That includes coronaviruses, but rhinoviruses may be the most common cause. There is no single cold virus.

What got my attention is the forecast of 300,000 US deaths by December.
Thinking that we have several vaccines ready for phase-3 trials on 30,000 people or so.
WTF does giving 15,000 people the vaccine and 15,000 a placebo do for those 150,000 dead Americans? NOTHING!!
We are paying to build capacity to manufacture the vaccines ASAP.
So why the Fuck aren't we saving lives instead of doing limited phase-3 studies?

The vaccines already passed phase-1 and phase-2, so use it on a larger population and get some benefit!!

LINK to 300,000 dead prediction>:

Lets take a poll.

Right now the CDC is infected with politics...... they can't be trusted to wash their own asses without trying to make a political statement.

JO

Lets take a poll.
A covid19 vaccine.....interesting. But

No country on the face of mother earth has been able to isolate and identify precisely what covid19 is and create a test to identify the same

Scientists have been trying for years to create a safe RNA Vaccine but suddenly here we have two countries claiming that they did it ............hummmmmmmmmm

what is the purpose of creating a vaccine when CDC-Pentagon scientists can engineered viruses to circumvent the immune system ?!?!?!?!?!?
1. We know what COVID-19 is, its a viral pneumonia, we have its DNA map
2. Agree these vaccines seem to be developed too fast, but, shit happens, the CDC should know if they work or not.
3. We need a vaccine for COVID-19, not anything weaponized, that's not a concern

4. Here is the status of US vaccine development:
The US government is choosing three vaccine candidates to fund for Phase 3 trials under Operation Warp Speed: Moderna’s mRNA-1273 in July, The University of Oxford and AstraZeneca’s AZD1222 in August, and Pfizer and BioNTech's BNT162 in September. Members of ACTIV have suggested developing safe controlled human infection models (CHIMs) for human trials could take 1-2 years. A sponsor would need to provide data from placebo-controlled trials indicating their vaccine is at least 50% effective against COVID-19 in order to be authorized for use, according to FDA guidance issued and effective 30 June.

Lets take a poll.

Right now the CDC is infected with politics...... they can't be trusted to wash their own asses without trying to make a political statement.

JO
Exactly.
It seems that the CDC decided its better to hold off vaccine approval so Trump loses, even if it costs 150,000 preventable US deaths.

Lets take a poll.

Has the data for the Russian vaccine been published publicly? I thought I had read that there was little available information about their research. Additionally, it isn't just a question of effectiveness, but safety, with this sort of fast-tracking.

I hope the vaccine is effective and safe, because the sooner the world gets a handle on this virus, the better. I just don't think I trust Russia's government enough to believe it will be. I have a hard enough time trusting our own.
1. I don't know if the Russian data for phases 1 & 2 has been published. But I do know that several US vaccines have passed phases 1 & 2. We are building manufacturing facilities for those vaccines.
So my question is, why do phase-3 trials and lose 150,000 instead of an expanded phase-3?
2. The US is making vaccine progress, so why not use the phase-3 vaccines ASAP and save lives?
The US government is choosing three vaccine candidates to fund for Phase 3 trials under Operation Warp Speed: Moderna’s mRNA-1273 in July, The University of Oxford and AstraZeneca’s AZD1222 in August, and Pfizer and BioNTech's BNT162 in September. Members of ACTIV have suggested developing safe controlled human infection models (CHIMs) for human trials could take 1-2 years. A sponsor would need to provide data from placebo-controlled trials indicating their vaccine is at least 50% effective against COVID-19 in order to be authorized for use, according to FDA guidance issued and effective 30 June.

Russia's thinking might be that vaccination will be on a continual basis, say every few months down to every week, at which latter point things get more serious. Gamaleya, where it was produced, is famous for vaccine research on smallpox, cholera, etc. RNA is notoriously mutation-prone, though Russia's use of an adenovirus vector (common cold) is astute.

Forum List

Back