Who keeps denying the history of racism in America?

Personal racism- Hatred for people of a particular race that is present in an individual. MarcATL is an example of someone exhibiting personal racism toward White people.

Systemic racism- Oppression of a particular race that is facilitated through a country's 'systems' i.e. government, law enforcement, hiring policies, dining policies, travel policies, sports and entertainment organizations etc. Not allowing Black people to dine in a restaurant with White people is an example of systemic racism.
I'll ignore the personal racism part for now.

As relates to your definition of systemic racism, you believe it has to be a clear, perhaps written, policy for it to be truly systemic, is that correct?

Most reasonable people would agree with that. How about stop denying progress that has been made?
Nobody denies "progress" has been made, however, when someone sticks a dagger 12 inches deep into your flesh, you're not gonna be celebrating when it gets lessened by 1 inch.

there are millions of police interactions with people every year.. about a million of arrests and tens of thousands of times where force is needed to arrest suspects.
If what you say is true, and there's so many "good cops", then why is it so difficult both legally and culturally to prosecute bad cops when they engage in clear wrongdoing?

When you watch the news however all you see is cops killing black people. To someone who does not dig deep, it sure looks like cops are racist and hunting down people of color... but the same news media doesn't report on lives saved by police... or all the times (the majority of times) that they act with restraint when making stops or arresting people. false or incomplete reporting, does a lot of damage and actually prolongs the effects of racism, because it prevents cooperation and trust.
The media isn't the problem here. In fact the media is just now catching up to what black Americans have been telling anyone that would listen for decades, since slavery really.

Thank God for social media, it seems whites have to see it over and over, and over, and over again, for themselves just to barely believe what blacks have been telling them. This isn't a good thing for "race relations."

Do you believe the average black person gets treated the same as the average white person in America, certainly as far as the police are concerned? Be honest.

Do you believe the average black person gets treated the same as the average white person in America, certainly as far as the police are concerned? Be honest.

I would honestly think not. I think they are often treated with more suspicion without cause. And I am going to say on the average that is true. In that case I would say people who are minding their own business are judged by the actions of other African Americans. I even had this conversation with a friend of mine who is an African and used to have a store at pier 39 in SF.
She was telling me yes, if a black kid walks into a market and walks around, everyones eyes are going to be on him.... if your white and dressed casual your pretty much invisible. I had to agree, but then I asked her the same thing.... if a black kid with had walked into your art store and so did some random white guy, which one would you keep an eye on the most? She paused and then had to say it would be the black kid. But she's not racist... shes black too. Though actually, she complained about Chinese coming into her store and would usually never bother even acknowledging them... simply because her experience was "they never buy anything"
--Its just the things and expectations people have in their heads... it doesnt necessarily make them
"racist" but it does mean that at times we need to check ourselves and why we are thinking what we do.

Thank God for social media, it seems whites have to see it over and over, and over, and over again, for themselves just to barely believe what blacks have been telling them. This isn't a good thing for "race relations."

Theoretically yes. and sometimes.. yes. But too many times the news media spits things out there before the facts are in and inaccurately. that is what I call as damaging. And often it is done because reporters now see themselves as social activists... instead of just reporting the straight news. If they dont like a public figure they will omit things and stress others... and if they like the public figure they will do the same in reverse.
This erodes the public trust with them.

If what you say is true, and there's so many "good cops", then why is it so difficult both legally and culturally to prosecute bad cops when they engage in clear wrongdoing?

This one I need to think on. I'm not a cop and dont know what its like to be part of that brotherhood, but I do think that is an area of great improvement that needs to be addressed and many others have said this as well. As in the instance of what we saw with George Floyd... I am still a bit confused as to why the other cops stood around and didnt do a thing to stop the situation.
Improvements can be made without trashing the entire police force, because for one thing not every department is the same. I also think what is Clear Wrong Doing, is not always so clear. I would say this particular question is a good one for some of the ex LEO's here to explain better than I ever could.
They do have to have certain legal protections for the reason that they could be taken to court every time they arrest someone based on an accusation and in which case it would completely lock everything up.

Most reasonable people would agree with that. How about stop denying progress that has been made?
Nobody denies "progress" has been made, however, when someone sticks a dagger 12 inches deep into your flesh, you're not gonna be celebrating when it gets lessened by 1 inch.

there are millions of police interactions with people every year.. about a million of arrests and tens of thousands of times where force is needed to arrest suspects.

When you watch the news however all you see is cops killing black people. To someone who does not dig deep, it sure looks like cops are racist and hunting down people of color... but the same news media doesn't report on lives saved by police... or all the times (the majority of times) that they act with restraint when making stops or arresting people. false or incomplete reporting, does a lot of damage and actually prolongs the effects of racism, because it prevents cooperation and trust.
The media isn't the problem here. In fact the media is just now catching up to what black Americans have been telling anyone that would listen for decades, since slavery really.

I would honestly think not. I think they are often treated with more suspicion without cause. And I am going to say on the average that is true. In that case I would say people who are minding their own business are judged by the actions of other African Americans. I even had this conversation with a friend of mine who is an African and used to have a store at pier 39 in SF.
She was telling me yes, if a black kid walks into a market and walks around, everyones eyes are going to be on him.... if your white and dressed casual your pretty much invisible. I had to agree, but then I asked her the same thing.... if a black kid with had walked into your art store and so did some random white guy, which one would you keep an eye on the most? She paused and then had to say it would be the black kid. But she's not racist... shes black too. Though actually, she complained about Chinese coming into her store and would usually never bother even acknowledging them... simply because her experience was "they never buy anything"
--Its just the things and expectations people have in their heads... it doesnt necessarily make them
"racist" but it does mean that at times we need to check ourselves and why we are thinking what we do.

Theoretically yes. and sometimes.. yes. But too many times the news media spits things out there before the facts are in and inaccurately. that is what I call as damaging. And often it is done because reporters now see themselves as social activists... instead of just reporting the straight news. If they dont like a public figure they will omit things and stress others... and if they like the public figure they will do the same in reverse.
This erodes the public trust with them.

This one I need to think on. I'm not a cop and dont know what its like to be part of that brotherhood, but I do think that is an area of great improvement that needs to be addressed and many others have said this as well. As in the instance of what we saw with George Floyd... I am still a bit confused as to why the other cops stood around and didnt do a thing to stop the situation.
Improvements can be made without trashing the entire police force, because for one thing not every department is the same. I also think what is Clear Wrong Doing, is not always so clear. I would say this particular question is a good one for some of the ex LEO's here to explain better than I ever could.
They do have to have certain legal protections for the reason that they could be taken to court every time they arrest someone based on an accusation and in which case it would completely lock everything up.
The same media you love to bash is the same media that has historically, and presently, push the narrative of the "thuggish/dangerous black man". This narrative effects both non-blacks and whites. That would explain why your black friend looks at black kids w/more suspicion as well.

Blacks have more reason to dislike the media, and yet and still we don't harp on it like so many self-proclaimed conservatives do.

Thank you for your honest response. It was enlightening.

You will probably never get back to it, will you???

As relates to your definition of systemic racism, you believe it has to be a clear, perhaps written, policy for it to be truly systemic, is that correct?
Yes. And when ghetto dwellers tell each other that white people will not let them do shit - that is not white people's fault. That is white supremacy living rent-free in black people's minds, and it is systemic.

So, how are we to eliminate that?
You are so much of a resentful jealous racist, you could not compliment me for describing it before.
Black people see systemic racism as when the parents tell their children that black people are the problem, and then when friends circulate their racist thoughts.
You're a damn idiot, like a lot of members have similarly described you, before.

How are we to eliminate that systemic racism if you prove that you are just as racist - need something written - policy like???

Last edited:
In general yes, the systemic racism of our past was defined by organizations that had written or inferred policies that discriminated against people of color. That is gone now and has been replaced by systemic favoritism of people of color.

When slavery was abolished.
All racism suddenly came to a screeching halt huh? And what year was this again?
You see, you would have described the unorganized systemic racism here, but you did not, because you did not know how to describe it until I presented the description. You would not play this Socratic questioning game shit that you are no good at. Go to law school and learn how to do it.

Last edited:
In general yes, the systemic racism of our past was defined by organizations that had written or inferred policies that discriminated against people of color. That is gone now and has been replaced by systemic favoritism of people of color.
This is what Senator "Uncle" Tim Scott was describing last night in his rebuttal to Biden and Harris.

OK, so it's in the past.

When, exactly, did all that racism stop?

Well, you essentially said it in post 5. And yes, I have many times heard the Left say that.

If they want to be more specific, they should do so, rather than giving more motivation to the Right to fight back.

Assuming that our goal is improved race relations. I'm not sure that it is.
Note: you used the term "essentially." Communicating that you know it wasn't true. That leaves more room that your second statement is probably false.

Most people on the left don't say that, many black people do, but can you prove them wrong?

Putting all that aside, truly, what is "race relations?" Only white people use this term. What does it really mean?
No, that's not why I used the term "essentially".

You asked, I answered.

Putting all that aside, truly, what is "race relations?" Only white people use this term. What does it really mean?
I see what you are getting at, now.

"Race relations," is a euphemism for racism. Why you could not "figure it out" is a deceptive ploy of your erroneous use of the Socratic method. You would be better off if you could have described it as a euphemism that white people use to avoid saying racism.

You should really try to figure out how to compose arguments first. You need to learn how to construct good descriptions and various forms of verbiage.

Marc, name a place in the World where racism does not exist?

It has been part of humanity since the beginning and will be part of it until the end...
So then why are Republican politicians running around with their hair on fire, making it a point to proclaim how America is not a racist country?

Based on your statement they are lying .

It's just like how white people perpetuate racism within their culture, but black people do not perpetuate racism when they tell their children that white people are racist.

Marc, name a place in the World where racism does not exist?

It has been part of humanity since the beginning and will be part of it until the end...
So then why are Republican politicians running around with their hair on fire, making it a point to proclaim how America is not a racist country?

Based on your statement they are lying .
Why can't you figure it out and describe the error?

Is it because you are stupid, or is it because you are using the Socratic method?

America has always been a nation of humans, and humans have always had distorted perceptions of the differences between humans. Majority populations have always favored themselves. America's great sin is that it has not risen above being like all other humans.

Personal racism- Hatred for people of a particular race that is present in an individual. MarcATL is an example of someone exhibiting personal racism toward White people.

Systemic racism- Oppression of a particular race that is facilitated through a country's 'systems' i.e. government, law enforcement, hiring policies, dining policies, travel policies, sports and entertainment organizations etc. Not allowing Black people to dine in a restaurant with White people is an example of systemic racism.

Did this trigger you?

Forum List

Back