Who is the funniest comedian ever ?

You guys ever seen Mitch Hedberg? Tragic loss.
His style was unconventional to say the least. In real life he was an introvert, anti-social person with a buffet of personal issues and addictions. Thus the sunglasses, and usually keeping his eyes closed during performances. He openly admitted if he engaged with the audience, he would lose his thoughts and leave.
And... he actually walked off staged several times when that happened.
But... the dude was funny as hell....

For me, it's not possible to name just one, there are so many....and thanks God for that!:2up:

Life without laughter is not worth living! :wink_2: the more the better!

Who do you think is the funniest person ever ? Looking back from 2021 I'm going to have to say Robin Williams.

It's funny you say that Angelo as there probably is no "funniest" person and there are surely MANY funny people, but I had the same conclusion long ago seeing Williams on one of his early stand up routines in a club. Watching him in absolute madness, I had to admit that Robin was about the funniest, best, most original and spontaneously talented comedian since sliced bread.

Really hard to look back now realizing he was really just running away from trying to hide from his own fears and self-doubts.

article-2535891-1A7F24FF00000578-998_634x882.jpg
Groovy-Era-Gallery-comedy-legend-robin-williams.jpg

robin-williams-valerie-velardi-1978.jpg

Last edited:
Who do you think is the funniest person ever ? Looking back from 2021 I'm going to have to say Robin Williams.

It's funny you say that Angelo as there probably is no "funniest" person ...
Would have been better asking "Who are the funniest comedians ever ?"...very true. You know who else , even though I really never cared much for his stand up bits ? Eddie Murphy has some of the most hilarious movie scenes of all time. Also John Cleese and Michael Palin, Benny Hill, Steve Martin - I love. Jim Carrey (old Jim - not TDS Jim).

It's funny you say that Angelo as there probably is no "funniest" person ...
Would have been better asking "Who are the funniest comedians ever ?"...very true. You know who else , even though I really never cared much for his stand up bits ? Eddie Murphy has some of the most hilarious movie scenes of all time. Also John Cleese and Michael Palin, Benny Hill, Steve Martin - I love. Jim Carrey (old Jim - not TDS Jim).

Yes, Jim Carrey in his day was an absolute prize.

I loved Eddie Murphy in '48 Hours' with Nick Nolte.

I also thought Chris Tucker was totally off the charts, paired up with Jackie Chan in the 'Rush Hour' trilogy.

I would love to have locked Robin Williams, Tim Conway, and Johnathan Winters in the same room, and videotaped it.
Don't try that with Chevy chase and Bill Murray they would flat out kill each other.

With that said.

Tom and jerry ( cartoon) or Oliver and hardy

New Topics

Forum List

Back