Who is the Federalist Society and what are they saying about Trump’s impeachment

No need to apologize Joe.
So with slick willy, was it a righteous impeachment or a wrongful impeachment ?

Actually, it was neither. it was just an impeachment. Kind of an overreaction, given how petty the violation was, but they were within their power to do it.

But nobody died because Clinton got a blow job.

In other words youre saying I must call you an ass, and not a dumb ass.
My original statement stands as is, but thanks for your useless interjection just the same.

Naw, buddy, I'm pointing out the obvious hypocrisy on the right on this one. Trump incited a riot. People died. He attempted to get a mob to overturn the results a valid election.

He didn't lie about getting a blow job because he was embarrassed.

Clinton was impeached for committing perjury! (Which he did)

Well, that's kind of debatable.

First, it was about a matter that wasn't relevant to the court case at hand. Even the judge ruled that it was an improper question that had no bearing on the legal question of whether or not Paula Jones was sexually harassed. (Which she wasn't, since she didn't work for Clinton and she wasn't at her workplace.)

But again, impeachment is a political act. Republicans ignored the fact Trump tried to extort the Ukraine, Democrats ignored the fact that Clinton perjured himself over a petty sexual indiscretion that wasn't anyone's business until Ken Starr decided to conduct a 70 million dollar panty raid.

Can Republicans ignore it this time? It would be foolish to do so. What happens when the next rabble rouser calls down a mob on the Capitol?

I understand the game you like to play Joey. You like to point up in the sky and say look at the plane and then immediately reply with look your shoe is untied.
Lets try this again shall we.
For your convenience Ive attached your initial reply from post #109 down below.

1611489010193.png

Again, the article that proves there is - such a thing as "wrongful impeachment" is attached below.
I typed this out really slow, so pay close attention. What does it say in the title of this article ?

If you say there's no such thing as "wrongful impeachment", Im afraid youre going to have to go stand in the corner in time out.
However I do appreciate both your ability to stray from the facts and your relentless attempt at denial.

Lets try this again shall we.
For your convenience Ive attached your initial reply from post #109 down below.

Sweetie, just because some Right Wing Hacks say it's a "Wrongful Impeachment" doesn't make it so.

Trump was impeached. Frankly, this is probably the best case for impeachment in our history, the man instigated an assault on a co-equal branch of government. If this isn't impeachable, I really don't know what is.

Also, learn how to use contractions....

Sweetie, just because some Right Wing Hacks say it's a "Wrongful Impeachment" doesn't make it so.

Trump was impeached. Frankly, this is probably the best case for impeachment in our history, the man instigated an assault on a co-equal branch of government. If this isn't impeachable, I really don't know what is.

Also, learn how to use contractions....
Oh well maybe youll figure it out one of these days.
And youre worried about contractions. I love it !!!

Arguing anything other than that the constitutional intent of impeachment is removal from office is just fake. The dems have always been good at finding procedural fuck yous that normal people wouldn't even explore; and the reps are always completely unprepared for them. The Framers had to assume a certain level of common sense and decency, and some have stated in various ways the the Republic would be doomed if that wasn't the case anyway. That we even have to argue this is a bad indicator of the health of the the Republic.

Oh well maybe youll figure it out one of these days.
And youre worried about contractions. I love it !!!

Well, they teach that in the fifth grade, if you can't master fifth grade grammar, I'm not sure there's any point talking to you
At least I have an excuse. I will spare the details as to why, but I had a rough childhood, didnt get a good education and actually didnt graduate High School. Since Ive joined this forum Ive been reading articles and publications about history, the function of government, and many other aspects pertaining to politics, which Ive never done before in my life. Ive also been learning a lot from this forum as well. So Im doing alright with my intellect, and ability to comprehend what Ive read and retain it.
Through determination and hard work Ive been very successful in life and been able to retire early. How about you ?
So considering you have a higher education you must be embarrassed to get bitch slapped like a wet noodle by someone like me. I hope you didnt pay for your education because obviously it hasnt served you very well. :cul2:
But hey, you can always correct people on this forum about contractions when you realize youve lost an argument.
Go get em Joey !

At least I have an excuse. I will spare the details as to why, but I had a rough childhood, didnt get a good education and actually didnt graduate High School.

Guy, the teach contraction in grammar school. Fuck that, if you have a web-browser worth a shit, it'll probably underline all your mistakes in red. There's really no excuse for your badly written prose.

Since Ive joined this forum Ive been reading articles and publications about history, the function of government, and many other aspects pertaining to politics, which Ive never done before in my life. Ive also been learning a lot from this forum as well. So Im doing alright with my intellect, and ability to comprehend what Ive read and retain it.

Well, I'm sure you really need to believe that. Really, you read right wing crap, and probably listen to Hate Radio, and you think that's how the world should work. I put you at maybe 25 to 30.

Through determination and hard work Ive been very successful in life and been able to retire early. How about you ?

Sorry, man, being unemployed and unemployable is hardly "retiring early". Again, I put you at about less than 30.

Now, you want to talk about a rough life. Both of my parents died when I was in college. I paid for college by working two minimum wage jobs and joining the National Guard. After College, I went active duty in the military , achieved the rank of Staff Sergeant, and then went on the private sector. At current, I am at the top of my field and I run my own business. So I do pretty darned good.

Oh, yeah, and I understand contractions.

So considering you have a higher education you must be embarrassed to get bitch slapped like a wet noodle by someone like me. I hope you didnt pay for your education because obviously it hasnt served you very well.

Uh, guy, I run rings around you, but it's kind of like playing Chess with a pigeon.

1611502204428.png

At least I have an excuse. I will spare the details as to why, but I had a rough childhood, didnt get a good education and actually didnt graduate High School.

Guy, the teach contraction in grammar school. Fuck that, if you have a web-browser worth a shit, it'll probably underline all your mistakes in red. There's really no excuse for your badly written prose.

Since Ive joined this forum Ive been reading articles and publications about history, the function of government, and many other aspects pertaining to politics, which Ive never done before in my life. Ive also been learning a lot from this forum as well. So Im doing alright with my intellect, and ability to comprehend what Ive read and retain it.

Well, I'm sure you really need to believe that. Really, you read right wing crap, and probably listen to Hate Radio, and you think that's how the world should work. I put you at maybe 25 to 30.

Sorry, man, being unemployed and unemployable is hardly "retiring early". Again, I put you at about less than 30.

Now, you want to talk about a rough life. Both of my parents died when I was in college. I paid for college by working two minimum wage jobs and joining the National Guard. After College, I went active duty in the military , achieved the rank of Staff Sergeant, and then went on the private sector. At current, I am at the top of my field and I run my own business. So I do pretty darned good.

Oh, yeah, and I understand contractions.

So considering you have a higher education you must be embarrassed to get bitch slapped like a wet noodle by someone like me. I hope you didnt pay for your education because obviously it hasnt served you very well.

Uh, guy, I run rings around you, but it's kind of like playing Chess with a pigeon.

View attachment 447899
You type all that for justification yet common sense continues to illude you.

I’ll be the first to admit that there are differences of opinion over whether Trump can still be tried and convicted, but here’s a credible opinion and its rationale. Take a deep breath, read with an open mind (that’s asking a lot), then do some critical thinking.

“Impeachment is the exclusive constitutional means for removing a president (or other officer) before his or her term expires,” they wrote. “But nothing in the provision authorizing impeachment-for-removal limits impeachment to situations where it accomplishes removal from office. Indeed, such a reading would thwart and potentially nullify a vital aspect of the impeachment power: the power of the Senate to impose disqualification from future office as a penalty for conviction.”

The Federalist Society was established with conservative and liberal lawyers as a counter to liberal influences In the legal system and education system.

• Founded in 1982, the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians dedicated to reforming the current legal order. We are committed to the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks to promote awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.

The Reich lies - 100% of the time.

ONE member of the federalist society has sided with the Reich - ONE.

"illude" isn't a word. The word you are probably looking for is "elude". See, you are getting quite the education.

R U sure ?
Common sense continues to mock, ridicule, and yes evade you.
Yep, it worked pretty darn good.
See illustration below.
Please let me know if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.
1611526055881.png

R U sure ?
See illustration below.

Nope, you spelled it wrong...deal with it...

Again, it's hard to have a conversation with you when you haven't even mastered fifth grade grammar.

Ya know those judges you MAGArats are so proud that Trump crammed into the court system?

They ALL came from lists provided by...yea...the Federalist Society

"illude" isn't a word. The word you are probably looking for is "elude". See, you are getting quite the education.

R U sure ?
See illustration below.
View attachment 448081
I thought you meant elude as well.

If time is a factor, then a President can just wait for the "perfect" moment to do whatever the hell he or she wants and get away w/it.

That's not Constitutional.

Congress must be able to convict post-Presidency.

The ignorance of the constitution appears to be created on purpose since the Impeachment/conviction process is for a singular purpose, to remove the person from office, since Trump is now out of office, he can't be convicted legally since he is no longer in office.

LINK

Article II, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

bolding mine

I see that a lot of "scholars" thinks his leaving January 20 doesn't stop the conviction trial, are just embarrassing themselves.

Forum List

Back