Who is the Federalist Society and what are they saying about Trump’s impeachment

Lots of CNN legal scholars here yet it’s apparent no one is a constitutional attorney. Let’s just see how they succeed in bending the Constitution to fit their narrative.
My bet is that they can not.
That’s why I posted the links at the beginning of this thread. A bunch of conservative and libertarian legal experts say that TRUMP absolutely can be tried and convicted.

Interesting when did the Federalist Society become political? Are they not focused on strict interpretation of the Constitution? Isn’t Alan Dershowitz still a member?

Impeach Obama, there is any number of reasons to do so. Once Republicans retake the House after the 2022 elections just do it.

For what? Are you a racist?
That is the typical charge that Democrats always trot out whenever any Republican disagreed with any policy of Barack Obama. They have no evidence of that, however.

What did Trump get away with? Being popular? It has already been proven there is no way Trump incited that riot.

Remember, Hillary actually DID commit a dozen felonies but Comey said no one would prosecute her because she was just a reckless, incompetent who didn't know what she was doing! How many articles do you want me to pull of the left and the Dems all saying Trump was clueless and incompetent and never knew what HE was doing?
Do you believe that Trump cares about you?
A lot more than Joe Biden does!

Inciting an insurrection is a crime.
The was no crime committed by Trump.
Criminal offenses are tried in a criminal court of law.
The Senate is not a criminal court of law. ... :cool:
You didn’t read the article, did you.

The Constitution provides for impeachment for “high crimes and misdemeanors“. It also says that the Senate has the sole power to try and convict ANY impeachment.
OK, Impeach Donald Trump. Then kick him out of office! WAIT! He is already out of office!

Inciting an insurrection is a crime.
The was no crime committed by Trump.
Criminal offenses are tried in a criminal court of law.
The Senate is not a criminal court of law. ... :cool:
You didn’t read the article, did you.

The Constitution provides for impeachment for “high crimes and misdemeanors“. It also says that the Senate has the sole power to try and convict ANY impeachment.
OK, Impeach Donald Trump. Then kick him out of office! WAIT! He is already out of office!

Inciting an insurrection is a serious crime. Its not a cute prank. 5 people died.

Yeah, but it would be nice to know he could never desecrate the White House. And it would be a nice way to cement his legacy.

Convict, lest we forget.

Yeah, but it would be nice to know he could never desecrate the White House. And it would be a nice way to cement his legacy.

Convict, lest we forget.

Well, yeah.. so no other rogue president will try to overturn an election or overthrow the government.

Last edited:
Only while he is in office, turd.
Show me where it says that in the Constitution.
The Constitution says that the penalty for impeachment is removal from office!
Read the article.
TRUMP 2024!
Did you read the article or are you just too lazy. I‘ll make it easy for you. Just click on the link in my signature. You’re somewhat uninformed about what the Constitution, but a little reading can solve that.

Read the article.
TRUMP 2024!
I hope that America will last the next 1,460 days.
Most of us survived Trump. We‘ll do just fine. But it’s tragic how many DIDN’T survive him and the Trump virus.

Read the article.
TRUMP 2024!
Most of us survived Trump. We‘ll do just fine. But it’s tragic how many DIDN’T survive him and the Trump virus.
Impeaching former presidents is unprecedented. But if former presidents can be impeached, then the next former president to be impeached is Barack Obama. That can be accomplished in 2023, after Republicans regain control of both houses of Congress

Read the article.
TRUMP 2024!
Did you read the article or are you just too lazy. I‘ll make it easy for you. Just click on the link in my signature. You’re somewhat uninformed about what the Constitution, but a little reading can solve that.
Politico is biased. Politico - Media Bias Fact Check

Lots of CNN legal scholars here yet it’s apparent no one is a constitutional attorney. Let’s just see how they succeed in bending the Constitution to fit their narrative.
Cite the part that they "bent?"
Sitting
Cite the part that they "bent?"

Sitting elected official not a former elected official.

I am not a constitutional attorney, don’t pretend to be, with that being stated removing a former elected official from office that he, she, it, or confused, no loner retains makes this a mute point.

The primary focus of the speaker of the house and her party is a vain political attempt to prohibit his potential return. They took two shots, one proven to be fabricated which the Durham investigation is still attempting to unravel of how far up the ladder it reached, and second, also proven to be politically motivated, based on garbage. Just my humble observations. I trust the right of one to express their thoughts is still permitted under the constitution?

OMG. How gullible can one person be.

Look at the story, not at the medium. Can you find anything in the story that isn’t true. THAT is what fact checkers do.

Direct quotes are given from The FEDERALIST SOCIETY lawyers.
The quotes are not written by Politico.

And notice THIS statement (emphasis mine) from their assessment of Politico
  • Overall, we rate Politico Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
There you have it. Rated high for factual reporting.

Last edited:
Read the article.
TRUMP 2024!
Impeaching former presidents is unprecedented. But if former presidents can be impeached, then the next former president to be impeached is Barack Obama. That can be accomplished in 2023, after Republicans regain control of both houses of Congress
Be my guest. Doesn’t change a thing about Trump’s impeachment. Hide your head in the sand if you want, but my initial post here stands.

Read the article linked at the start of this thread. The people cited there ARE experts. Conservative and libertarian ones at that.

Forum List

Back