Who is the Federalist Society and what are they saying about Trump’s impeachment

If successfully impeached it appears he will not be able run again but...
It will only cause more division.
It will strengthen the Republican party.
Trump might sue them for wrongful impeachment, and win.

Trump can't sue anyone for wrongful impeachment because inciting an insurrection is a crime. The Republican party wants to purge the Trumps.. and as for the Trumps.. They have already said they are going to work against the party.

The party can do much better than Trump.. He's a liability.. They really don't need Trump's hard core cult people either.

I dont know if you are just overwhelmingly ignorant or what but you certainly don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Only cause division?

Yea...like you fuckers are trying for unity. Sure

Nope. Just Nope. Nothing you say is accurate and you can not be trusted

If time is a factor, then a President can just wait for the "perfect" moment to do whatever the hell he or she wants and get away w/it.

That's not Constitutional.

Congress must be able to convict post-Presidency.

What did Trump get away with? Being popular? It has already been proven there is no way Trump incited that riot.

Remember, Hillary actually DID commit a dozen felonies but Comey said no one would prosecute her because she was just a reckless, incompetent who didn't know what she was doing! How many articles do you want me to pull of the left and the Dems all saying Trump was clueless and incompetent and never knew what HE was doing?

Only cause division?

Yea...like you fuckers are trying for unity. Sure

Nope. Just Nope. Nothing you say is accurate and you can not be trusted
You said, "Only cause division"
I said "It will only cause more division."
Operative word being, more.
I still love you, would you like a lollipop ? Hows that for unity ?

Trump can't sue anyone for wrongful impeachment because inciting an insurrection is a crime. The Republican party wants to purge the Trumps.. and as for the Trumps.. They have already said they are going to work against the party.

The party can do much better than Trump.. He's a liability.. They really don't need Trump's hard core cult people either.
Im not a lawyer but I believe even a criminal, which Trump is not, can sue anyone.
I dont believe its a road the Dems should travel down.

Yes, there are various causes of action available such as malicious prosecution or abuse of process.

What did Trump get away with? Being popular? It has already been proven there is no way Trump incited that riot.

Remember, Hillary actually DID commit a dozen felonies but Comey said no one would prosecute her because she was just a reckless, incompetent who didn't know what she was doing! How many articles do you want me to pull of the left and the Dems all saying Trump was clueless and incompetent and never knew what HE was doing?
Do you believe that Trump cares about you?

I don't have to guess. I had a family member who actually knew him.

I’ll be the first to admit that there are differences of opinion over whether Trump can still be tried and convicted, but here’s a credible opinion and its rationale. Take a deep breath, read with an open mind (that’s asking a lot), then do some critical thinking.

“Impeachment is the exclusive constitutional means for removing a president (or other officer) before his or her term expires,” they wrote. “But nothing in the provision authorizing impeachment-for-removal limits impeachment to situations where it accomplishes removal from office. Indeed, such a reading would thwart and potentially nullify a vital aspect of the impeachment power: the power of the Senate to impose disqualification from future office as a penalty for conviction.”

The Federalist Society was established with conservative and liberal lawyers as a counter to liberal influences In the legal system and education system.

• Founded in 1982, the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies is a group of conservatives and libertarians dedicated to reforming the current legal order. We are committed to the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks to promote awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
What would they impeach Trump over. And they need 60 votes. American public will sour on this nonsense and waste of time and $$$ real quick. Go ahead , impeach him, help rise his political star again.

He is the last President since GH Bush to give a shit about the American people.

What would they impeach Trump over. And they need 60 votes. American public will sour on this nonsense and waste of time and $$$ real quick. Go ahead , impeach him, help rise his political star again.
The number required is 67 and if the Senate includes secret ballots (which they can) There might be enough Replicans voting to convict without fear of ever being found out.

But if all your worried about is time and money, do you actually know how much it would cost. Would it be as much time and money as Trump spent on his 320 golf outings. Would it be as much money as he charged his Secret Service details to stay at his resorts.

I’m sure a lot of people would pitch in to defray the cost. This is what I pay taxes for.

I don't have to guess. I had a family member who actually knew him.
The old, "I know a guy" retort....brilliant!

What retort, asshole. I've spoken many times here about the business my uncle did with him. Not to mention his many acts of charity, such as the time he rewarded a guy who he heard about who stopped on a bridge to stop a guy from jumping, the skating rink he finished that no one else could fix, that marine who got trapped and arrested in Mexico he helped back on his feet, helping out with 9/11, donating his salary to various causes and much more.

Now tell us about Joe.

What retort, asshole. I've spoken many times here about the business my uncle did with him. Not to mention his many acts of charity, such as the time he rewarded a guy who he heard about who stopped on a bridge to stop a guy from jumping, the skating rink he finished that no one else could fix, that marine who got trapped and arrested in Mexico he helped back on his feet, helping out with 9/11, donating his salary to various causes and much more.

Now tell us about Joe.
Joe's an average well-meaning white man of a certain generation.

He has all the faults and strengths of just about anyone of his contemporaries.

He loves God, his family and his country, he's dedicated his life of service to them all.

You have something else?

The number required is 67 and if the Senate includes secret ballots (which they can) There might be enough Replicans voting to convict without fear of ever being found out.

But if all your worried about is time and money, do you actually know how much it would cost. Would it be as much time and money as Trump spent on his 320 golf outings. Would it be as much money as he charged his Secret Service details to stay at his resorts.

I’m sure a lot of people would pitch in to defray the cost. This is what I pay taxes for.
You replied to Bush92 but tagged me.
In retrospect I agree with Bush92 as being a waste of time and tax payers money.
The expended resources wouldnt fit the alleged crime imo.

I've never hear of a person who voluntarily left a company he worked for when his contract was over and went home.
And then officially fired weeks later by the new management of the company. ... :cuckoo:
But they CAN be prosecuted for crimes committed while on the job.

Nice of you to recognize that Trump was FIRED.

New Topics

Forum List

Back