Who is telling the truth.

Everyone lies. And honest politician is an oxymoron. Used to be just a joke, but now it's as self-evident as death and taxes. Of course, if you're prone to believing what politicians say and basing your decisions on that then another saying comes to mind,

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Everyone lies. And honest politician is an oxymoron. Used to be just a joke, but now it's as self-evident as death and taxes. Of course, if you're prone to believing what politicians say and basing your decisions on that then another saying comes to mind,

I would not call Clapper a politician. On the other hand kerry has lied all his life.

Kerry will claim the sanctions are working...and nothing is off the table.

That moron will claim the sanctions are working as the Rooskies roll across the border, and they will if Putin decides to do it. Obama will piss his pants and Putin will have a Baltic state...and Kerry will look like Neville Chamberlain

That's fine...but who/ what do you believe?

I don't think he has an honest bone in his body, nor much upstairs. He is a 60's hippy still today.

I would not call Clapper a politician. On the other hand kerry has lied all his life.

I don't actually believe anyONE. When there's a question before me I get as many answers as I'm willing to search for then compare them. If a consensus of opinion appears and it makes sense to me, that's who I'll believe. But I never take any individual's word for something.

I don't actually believe anyONE. When there's a question before me I get as many answers as I'm willing to search for then compare them. If a consensus of opinion appears and it makes sense to me, that's who I'll believe. But I never take any individual's word for something.
Do you believe the world is safer?

Right now, yes. Projecting fowards no, we're fucked.

You have been getting answers for months now. How long does it take you to form an opinion?

If we are safe now...what is going to unsafe us in the future?

If we are safe now...what is going to unsafe us in the future?

Due to a technoology ceiling, our tech is getting smaller, lighter, and faster, but little truly "new" technology is forthcoming. Whereas our enemy's technology is catching up. In 30 years we'll be 30 years faster and more miniturized, but our enemies will have had 30 years to get closer to the tech ceiling too. Eventually the tech superiority we enjoy right now will be gone and everyone will have the same capabilities.

Eventually, someone's gonna use a nuke in anger again. So long as they exist, this is inevitible. Worse still would be a biological weapon like smallpox. As stated well in "Unthinkable" "If a nuke goes off on US soil there will no fucking Constitution." As long as terror groups have the money, their eventual aquisition and use of a WMD is certain. ISIS running around chopping heads off doesn't concern me. ISIS getting a nuke or bio weapon does.

The US Dollar isn't backed by gold or anything of real value any more. At some point then the house of cards which is the US econonomy is going to come crashing down.

Our unwillingness to fund science and in particular a space program means threats from space like meteors are more likely to be a problem for us than if we were actively pursueing space research. While there's little reason to send people into space, that we're not doing a helluva lot more like locate nearby astronomincal threats and prepare ourselves is inexcusable.

We're running out of fresh water. Wars recently have been about oil. Wars within 5 or 10 years will be over fresh water.

But by all means, worry about what politicians are lying cause that's much more important. :)

The people you are worried about can be killed. We are not killing them...not because our pols are lying...but because they have no balls. By the way we did not use our nukes in anger...we used them to end a war. We can do the same now.

Forum List

Back