Who is for/against green living?

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
Is it age? It seems a good majority of older people don't believe in clean energy.
Is it polital party? Dems seem for it, republican against it.
Is it education? Smart people like it, low/uneducated seem to be against it.

I, for one, am for it. I know right now it has issues, but can you unlock your stubborn mind for a minute and think how advanced it will be in 20 years from now? 50? 100? You have to walk before you can run. If we keep saying drill, drill, drill, it WILL run out. Don't be ignorant. I doubt it will run out in my lifetime, but I have kids, and they will have kids, and they will have kids. Think about that, you old, stupid, republican fool.

I've had employees walk 30 feet past the recycle bin to throw their stuff in the garbage, yes, work harder and go out of their way in order to NOT RECYCLE. I didn't think this was possible, but it happens every day. Some people are amazing.

I don't know the answer, but speaking for me...doing anything I MYSELF can do to help mother earth, I will do.

I am for it. There is no reason why we shouldn't work to progress our civilization by developing more efficient means to secure our needs for energy. Even if it is by a simpler contribution such as taking the bus or subway and giving up the car, that can only help make us healthier, while at the same time making our environment a more pleasant place to live.

Is it age? It seems a good majority of older people don't believe in clean energy.

I, for one, am for it. I know right now it has issues, but can you unlock your stubborn mind for a minute and think how advanced it will be in 20 years from now? 50? 100? You have to walk before you can run. If we keep saying drill, drill, drill, it WILL run out. Don't be ignorant. I doubt it will run out in my lifetime, but I have kids, and they will have kids, and they will have kids. Think about that, you old, stupid, republican fool.

I've had employees walk 30 feet past the recycle bin to throw their stuff in the garbage, yes, work harder and go out of their way in order to NOT RECYCLE. I didn't think this was possible, but it happens every day. Some people are amazing.

There's a diff between green stuff that works and green stuff that is mostly fantasy and Unicorns.

It's not age --- since wind power is as old as civilization and solar is now an ancient technology as well.

It's not intelligience --- since I've observed the stupidity of not realizing that solar is only available 6 hours a day for grid generation and wind on the grid is horribly unreliable. And that stupidity belongs mostly to the eco-left..

As an older deep environmentalist -- I resent the circus that has come to town over Global Warming. It has sucked the living daylights out of the enviro movement. And set back efforts to actually control our waste streams and conserve nature.

And then you have the zealot slickmeisters like Matthew that list HYDRO and GEOTHERMAL as clean green "alternatives".. The idea of sinking more "Little Yosemites" (Hetch Hetchy) underwater to provide power for the grid is NOT GREEN. (ask the Sierra Club). And it does NOTHING for Global Warming as NEW hydro facilities have HIGH OUTPUTS of CO2 --- not to mention destroying a large sector of wilderness, CO2 sinking, and habitat..

Between the mistakes of large hydro, ethanol production, MTBE gas additives, wind turbine bird kill and the like, the eco-left has MASSIVELY flubbed many times..

As for your observation about employees marching past the recycling containers --- I go back to Cali a lot.. And when I'm in the airports there -- you'll see a row of 4 or 5 different containers now for recycling.. I watch and giggle as folks ATTEMPT to sort all their donut crap into those bins.. I've seen dirty diapers and footballs literally tossed ON TOP OF THE ROW OF CONTAINERS --- because folks are so damned confused by the process.

Which is all for show anyway --- as in most recycling operations, the metals, aluminum, paper and glass are all sorted at the facilities anyway.. And WHO'S the idiot here? You pay a 5 or 15 cent deposit at the STORE for those containers and then you DONATE that valuable material BACK to a trash service that CHARGES YOU for picking it up? How stupid is that?

Where does that deposit go? -- It disappears into the Cali Gen. Fund to buy cell phones for gang bangers and drug dealers.. It's NOT being managed for the benefit of the enviro or even to ENCOURAGE proper cooperation.. And TOO MUCH is being DICTATED instead of winning public cooperation.. Like the lightbulb mandates and the toilets that don't flush..

You've screwed up BADLY ---- and you desparately want to find scapegoats. You have no deep list of ALTERNATIVES. And very FEW of you are actually INFORMED ENOUGH to be of help to the environment..

Does that help???? :evil:

Last edited:

and I'm stunned to learn you're a liberal, stunned I say stunned.

Aren't you the morons that kept nuclear from spreading and being cheaper?

yes, yes you morons are.

and now we have learned that your stance against nuclear wasn't fact based but feared based.

I go for whatever is cheapest. I don't give a shit what happens 100 years from now.

You first.

Ladies and gents this is the conservative mindset.:eusa_eh:

So you are not going to take your own advice and stick with what works.

the-fail-is-strong-in-this-one.jpg

Let's all argue and say that the rest of the world has technology (like batteries, for crying out loud) while the US is too stupid to do anything but whine in favor of new-Q-ler.

At least one of you is honest enough to admit you don't give a damn about your own families as long as you can bitch about what others have the balls to actually DO.

Let's all argue and say that the rest of the world has technology (like batteries, for crying out loud) while the US is too stupid to do anything but whine in favor of new-Q-ler.

At least one of you is honest enough to admit you don't give a damn about your own families as long as you can bitch about what others have the balls to actually DO.

You GOT BATTERIES?? Wooooow.....
And that is good for the environment how?? Solves all our problems how?

The political party angle is a myth methinks. I see lots of people most of us would deem to be "conservative" who are also very knowledgeable about energy efficiency and newer technologies. And using them. At least until the climate change issue is broached.

I can understand neutral or not knowing enough but I cannot fathom being against the idea. Yet I see those who will go out of their way to deliberately sabotage recycle contents, exactly as the OP describes. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Like it "stays out of" nuclear and coal? :rolleyes:

If that means PERSECUTION and HARASSMENT :mad: of nuclear and coal --- yeah, they should stop...

Actually it means "subsidizing". Thanks for playin'. See you next Opposite Day.

Nuclear is subsidized BECAUSE the govt adds so much to its costs.. I'm not aware of MASSIVE subsidies for operating a coal plant.. Unless they are burning trees and calling it green.

You should suit up if ya wanna play... At least use a cup...

Forum List

Back