Who is better to rebuild US economy, Trump or Biden? (poll)

Which presidential candidate will be better to get the US economy back to "normal"?

• "It's the economy stupid", vote Trump

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • We need tax revenue, and "only little people pay taxes" unless you vote for Biden

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
Biden rescued our economy from the Great Bush Recession, he can rescue us from the Great Trump Depression

Yep. The one thing the bush league never got, and the magats still don't get. You can't build the economy fast. That's what creates bubbles, that crashes it in the first place. It has to be slow, and steady, as was done under Obama, and Biden.

Trump was on his way to crashing it again before Covid 19 showed up. The Trump economy was artificially propped up by the hundreds of billions being pumped into it every week by the fed. The deficit was actually exploding, at a time when it was supposed to be going down.

Throw in unnecessary tax cuts, coupled with over the top defense spending, and the dent starts blowing up on top of that.

Just like what Trump did with the money he inherited from daddy. He made bad bets when all he had to do was leave it alone. Just like the growing economy he inherited from Obama, Biden.

And now we have yet another post on who needs to "Rebuild" the economy.

Keep Republican hands off the economy, and we don't need to keep "Rebuilding" it.
If your side is so great why do so many people and businesses flee your states........or end like Detroit.

...Closing down the entire economy...
Well, closing down a decent-sized chunk of it, anyway... the part that's not immediately 'essential' to surviving the pandemic.

forcing people with serious medical conditions to put off treatment for months...
Forcing people scheduled for ELECTIVE surgeries and procedures to hold off for a couple of months until The Surge is over... yes.

...and your response is "better safe than sorry"? ...
Indeed. Better to be safe and call-in a hospital ship and build temporary excess capacity, than be sorry that you didn't, if The Surge got any worse than it did.

...Your "experts" got this wrong but you'll never admit that...
Incorrect. The 'experts' got it wrong. They failed to take into account the effect of multi-month -long Stay-At-Home orders from governors.

...We shut down our economy on the say so of people that were wrong...
Incorrect. We shut down non-essential parts of our economy so that many thousands fewer people got sick and so that the hospitals would not get swamped.

... and now you're going to subject us to years of "woulda...coulda...shoulda's"?
Nope. We shoulda... we coulda... so we did. No apologies. It was the right decision at that moment given the information on-hand at decision-making time.

That's the difference between a Man and an Orange Baboon... the former will accept responsibility... the latter will always try to weasel out of it.

If COVID-19 returns in the fall/winter the US economy will take another hit.
Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

One poll favors Trump over Biden.

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?
Your poll is not exactly asking honestly, but the answer is Joe Biden.

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
We know Trump's economic policies.
We know what Biden says his economic policies will be:
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
Nationalize utilities, electric bills will skyrocket
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)
tRumps "economic policy" is a series of twitter rants and I'll considered trade wars.

Will Biden be under pressure to undo some of the environmental damage the tRump *administration* has caused? Of course, but those things are not really economically damaging. That's just what tRump told you.

And Joe is almost infinitely better suited to restoring trade with other nations. Diplomacy, ya know.
1. 1st sentence, it's "ILL considered" not "I'll considered".
2. Trump's economic policies are a proven success, period. His tax policies are questionable.
3. "environmental damage" is in the eye of the beholder. Having the EPA guard every puddle is just plain stupid.
4. The highways are littered with democrat environmental project failures like:
The Obama Solyndra Scandal: Solyndra - Wikipedia
Cuomo's failed LED & "Solyndra II plant" Cuomo’s $10B economy ‘boost’ results in broken promises

I provided proof you are wrong. Trump is right.

Who is better to rebuild the US economy?

1. Biden

2. Trump

Personally, I vote for...

3. Someone who combines SOME attributes of BOTH men - and the parties they represent

---------------------------------

Trump attributes to be preserved:
-------------------------------------

I want someone who will restore our manufacturing base and eliminating our dependence upon China

I want someone who will dramatically reduce Illegal Immigration in order to restore several Trades to a Living Wage status.

------------------------------------
Biden attributes to be preserved:
------------------------------------

I want someone not afraid to use Federal power to force an economic issue using temporary powers if-and-when necessary

I want someone who will not pull the plug on social services programming until there is no longer a substantive need for it

=====================

We need ingredients from the Left and ingredients from the Right to make a decent economic soup.

We need someone willing to blend the best from both sides, and to discard the rest.

My grandchildren should live so long.

Kondor,
Negotiating and signing TPP basically backs China into a hard place. If it is properly put together (i.e. not corporate slushfest) then it gives US huge control over China..

Example:
Australia exports its Iron Ore to China, they then dump steel(and steel products) on the US market. They do this illegally and Obama and Trump both imposed fines and tariffs on them for doing so.
The simpler way is under TPP they can control the amount of Iron Ore China gets thus cutting them off at the balls.

US (because they are the major player) would control all imports into the TPP trading area. In the TPP area certain environmental, working practices.... would have to be in place in places like Vietnam and other low cost areas. This give US workers more of a level playing field to compete. It also raises standards in Vietnam and they will buy US goods (Remember not tarrifs on US goods).
This has proven to work and to see a great example just look at Germany and Ireland in the EU. Ireland joined as not far of third world, within a 25 years they became one of the richest countries in the world and they bought a lot of German Goods(Cars especially). German Car industry loves this and the same working standards, heath and safety, environmental... for workers in Ireland are the same as in Germany (Germany, UK & France generally set all of these (that would US power in TPP))...

Trump actually didn't know that China & India were not in TPP and said China would have too much power. That shows a lack of understanding. China celebrated when US decided not to continue with TPP. It gave them the major hand in the region.

TPP would have made a huge market for US, one where they would be making the rules (if they could keep corporates on a leash). And that was the big if, US main problem is they can't control their own lobby industry.

--------------------
As to your second point, the increased trade and control US would have over places like Mexico could really help Mexico gain control of there countries security. Generally Mexicans don't want to go to America, they rather make a living at home. Much like Germany and Ireland said before, there economic growth would gradually see this immigration reduce. Irish don't really leave the country now for economic reasons...
But before you say I want all immigrants gone. Who is going to do the crappy jobs with low unemployment market... This can cause a major increases in prices.. Just look at the prices of basic goods in Europe where nearly all workers have rights.
Corporations could sue countries anytime they please with TPP.........TPP a globalist wet dream agreement..........LOL

To hell with that.

I have confidence that Trump will do things a bit differently than he was doing when the pandemic outbreak started. So, I am sticking with Trump.

And, the economy isn't stupid...the Democrats are the ones who crashed it, with their long-standing, and outstanding lockdown restrictions. Just to keep people at homes and crash small businesses and shut half the country down. Just ask Newscum, Homo Cumo, and Bitchmer.

How weird. A lot of Republicans supported the lock down restrictions.

Lock down restrictions that intended to reduce the curve and prevent overloading hospitals. Not the Democrat version of restrictions until hell freezes over.

I do not think this is a dem/repub thing and it's a shame folks on both sides are making it so. There are blue states who are easing restrictions more quickly and there are red states who are doing it slowly. It HAS to depend on conditions in individual areas don't you think? :dunno:

Uhm no, red states are easing while blue keeps control going on. See California and that nitwit governor in NJ and Michigan

Umh yes.

I suspect the states that are slower in reopening are those that are more densely populated and have had higher infection/morbidity rates. Even in red states - they aren't all opening at the same rate within a state. City mayors in heavily affected cities are slower and more careful (for good reason) than small towns and rural districts.

At this point - ALL states have eased restrictions. Did you realize that?

Yet:

Cases continue to rise in some of the states where governors have been most aggressive in opening public spaces and businesses that rely on close personal contact, such as salons and gyms. None have met the federal government’s core recommendation of a two-week decline in reported cases.

WaPo has a map of restriction level by state: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/states-reopening-coronavirus-map/

The states are mixed in red/blue and level of restrictions. There is a cluster of states in New England that are very strict but they are also very urban and very densely populated, so it makes sense. They were heavily affected (NJ is one of those).

You might be critical of Michigan's governor but she enjoys high approval ratings for her handling of the virus.

You keep toeing the leftist mantra.... while I know better

There lies your problem. You're a liltle sheeple while I'm informed

Lose the funny shit, asshole..
that's "kindergarten"

Wow. Brilliant response. Like most of your responses lately, they show a distinct lack of originality. Keep trying. We'll root for you.

In the meantime maybe you can actually address a few of the points made. For example, why are some red states slow to open and some blue states quick to open if it's all about "party"? :dunno:

What the hell, you must be color blind.
See How All 50 States Are Reopening

I have confidence that Trump will do things a bit differently than he was doing when the pandemic outbreak started. So, I am sticking with Trump.

And, the economy isn't stupid...the Democrats are the ones who crashed it, with their long-standing, and outstanding lockdown restrictions. Just to keep people at homes and crash small businesses and shut half the country down. Just ask Newscum, Homo Cumo, and Bitchmer.

How weird. A lot of Republicans supported the lock down restrictions.
So?

Which party, and which candidate would voters rather have in-charge to get the US back up to "normal" the fastest?

Is the economy and jobs the #1 issue in 2020, or will other issues be more important to voters?

However, if the poll asked who was better for the economy at this point, SpongeBob or tRump, the answer stil wouldn't be tRump.
copied from post #65
"I don’t see how Biden can get the economy back. His masters will mandate that he put egregious environmental and energy policies which will delay recovery. Further, in the name of “taxing the wealthy”, his tax policies will assuredly end up with the Middle Class taking home less of their pay; and, corporations will get hit with higher taxes and increased regulations that will leave them little incentive to expand and add headcount"
The "Green New Deal"?
Close XL & Keystone pipelines?? (I don't see how the president can close a working pipeline??)
tRumps "economic policy" is a series of twitter rants and I'll considered trade wars.

Will Biden be under pressure to undo some of the environmental damage the tRump *administration* has caused? Of course, but those things are not really economically damaging. That's just what tRump told you.

And Joe is almost infinitely better suited to restoring trade with other nations. Diplomacy, ya know.

Based on what? Biden has been in the Senate for decades. What economic legislation bears his name? Biden would just sell us out again to the Chinese like he’s always done. He’s a globalist through & through.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

2. Trump's economic policies are a proven success, period. His tax policies are questionable.
3. "environmental damage" is in the eye of the beholder. Having the EPA guard every puddle is just plain stupid.
Cuomo's failed LED & "Solyndra II plant" Cuomo’s $10B economy ‘boost’ results in broken promises

1. Duh. You've never seen an autocorrect fuck-up before? Must be nice to be so sheltered.

2. Just what are dOnald's economic policies? No one seems to know.

3. Environmental damage is not "in the eye of the beholder". What a silly thing to say.

4. Both of your "examples" are fake news, not real.

You've provided no "proof", only your opinions based on conspiracy theories and lies.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

1. Duh. You've never seen an autocorrect fuck-up before? Must be nice to be so sheltered.

3. Environmental damage is not "in the eye of the beholder". What a silly thing to say.

You've provided no "proof", only your opinions based on conspiracy theories and lies.
He has a 87% approval rating here.. you are wrong

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

The problem with restoring our past trade and military alliances is our allies can no longer trust us. We are an unstable democracy and we can’t assure them we will not elect another Republican

A) We are a republic. I know you idiots on the left can’t get that simple fact through your heads but do try sometimes. It would be refreshing for a change.
B) What Trump did. was put on notice the freeloaders (Germany) have to start pulling their weight. Alliances work in both directions. I wish Trump would’ve taken Poland up on the offer to build a base there. Germany needs to be reminded sometimes who the alpha dog is in NATO.
C) the mood around the world is no more globalism. Even the Euros are seeing how folly it is to partner with the duplicitous Communist Chinese. Biden is a globalist whereas Trump is a hard ass nationalist. Guess which approach will be the tact going forward...
D) Biden is mentally unfit to be President. He has no platform & half the time doesn’t have any situational awareness. He doesn’t know where he’s at. It’s sad watching it. Trump has his faults, but he’s clearly in the game & has a clear agenda. America can’t afford to have a President who will be questioned every day about his mental fitness.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

Based on what? Biden has been in the Senate for decades. What economic legislation bears his name? Biden would just sell us out again to the Chinese like he’s always done. He’s a globalist through & through.
When you spout stupid conspiracy theories it makes it hard to treat your questions seriously.

So letting the silly Chinese crap alone, Joe Biden has 45 years of legislative experience. dOnald tRump has none.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

I'm wrong because tRumpkins are stupid?

I don't think so.

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

I don't think so.
This is a national poll

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

The problem with restoring our past trade and military alliances is our allies can no longer trust us. We are an unstable democracy and we can’t assure them we will not elect another Republican

A) We are a republic. I know you idiots on the left can’t get that simple fact through your heads but do try sometimes. It would be refreshing for a change.
B) What Trump did. was put on notice the freeloaders (Germany) have to start pulling their weight. Alliances work in both directions. I wish Trump would’ve taken Poland up on the offer to build a base there. Germany needs to be reminded sometimes who the alpha dog is in NATO.
C) the mood around the world is no more globalism. Even the Euros are seeing how folly it is to partner with the duplicitous Communist Chinese. Biden is a globalist whereas Trump is a hard ass nationalist. Guess which approach will be the tact going forward...
D) Biden is mentally unfit to be President. He has no platform & half the time doesn’t have any situational awareness. He doesn’t know where he’s at. It’s sad watching it. Trump has his faults, but he’s clearly in the game & has a clear agenda. America can’t afford to have a President who will be questioned every day about his mental fitness.
Lol, you are wrong from the first line. Representative democracy is what we are. You folks have done such a good job sabotaging the education system that none of you know what you're talking about anymore!

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

I don't think so.
This is a national poll
Lmao!! Of which nation?

Too funny!

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

I don't think so.
This is a national poll
Lmao!! Of which nation?

Too funny!
America

copied from post #65
The "Green New Deal"?

I don't think so.
This is a national poll
Lmao!! Of which nation?

Too funny!
America
Lol, sure it is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back