Who is/are your favorite musician(s)?

Some NICE Santana, thanks for the video.

Carlos Santana and Steely Dan are probably my 2 overall favorites, and now I sort of break everyone else off into separate categories since I have such a wide range of preferences . Like my favorite female pop singers, favorite metal bands, blues guitarists, shredders, classic rock bands, contemporary jazz and so on. Don't do much rap or country, but I like bluegrass and country/jazz style finger-picking and all that.

Nobody mentioned these guys ?

Yep, kind of surprising. I like some of their stuff. It's a shame the horrific plane crash in 1977 pretty much doomed the band. Their music after the crash was NOT as good in ANY way. I'd rate the original Skynyrd and the original Allman Brothers Band as THE best southern rock groups all-time. Blackfoot was also mighty fine, along with Molly Hatchet.

... I'd rate the original Skynyrd and the original Allman Brothers Band as THE best southern rock groups all-time. Blackfoot was also mighty fine, along with Molly Hatchet.
Got to see them all but Skynyrd in concert.....we had tickets to see them at Kent State Univ before the crash. :(

Don't forget ZZ Top, Dixie Dregs, Johnny Winter , SRV........Outlaws, 38 Special

... I'd rate the original Skynyrd and the original Allman Brothers Band as THE best southern rock groups all-time. Blackfoot was also mighty fine, along with Molly Hatchet.
Got to see them all but Skynyrd in concert.....we had tickets to see them at Kent State Univ before the crash. :(

Don't forget ZZ Top, Dixie Dregs, Johnny Winter , SRV........Outlaws, 38 Special
Some other very fine bands. I've never considered ZZ Top or SRV southern rockers, they're more classic blues based than rock and roll to me. But these two ARE my favorites from Texas, along with Roy Orbison and Lyle Lovett.

Forum List

Back