Who is/are your favorite musician(s)?

My late favorites are Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys and Billy Joe Royal.

The following are my favorites who are still here.

James Otto
Alison Krauss
LeAnn Rimes
Tanya Tucker
Trace Adkins
Darryl Worley
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hal Ketchum

Duos-Brooks and Dunn and High Valley
Trios-SheDaisy and Black Hawk
Bands-Diamond Rio and Sawyer Brown

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly
Thanks, Holly! There are some mighty fine singers, duos and bands on your list. I've been a fan of Tanya Tucker since she was a kid in the early 70's. I've read that her most recent album/cd from last year is quite good. I'm also a fan of LeAnn Rimes, what a voice! And I like Brooks and Dunn. My dad was a fan of their music, I believe he saw them in concert one time. I became a fan after listening to my dad's music by them. I'll have to check out James Otto's music, I don't believe I've heard any music by him.

James Otto
Alison Krauss
LeAnn Rimes
Tanya Tucker
Trace Adkins
Darryl Worley
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hal Ketchum

Holly
Thanks, Holly! There are some mighty fine singers, duos and bands on your list. I've been a fan of Tanya Tucker since she was a kid in the early 70's. I've read that her most recent album/cd from last year is quite good. I'm also a fan of LeAnn Rimes, what a voice! And I like Brooks and Dunn. My dad was a fan of their music, I believe he saw them in concert one time. I became a fan after listening to my dad's music by them. I'll have to check out James Otto's music, I don't believe I've heard any music by him.
Sadly this is the only song from James that ever really did anything for him as a singer, but it was a two week #1 song and was named the #1 country song of 2008.

God bless you and James always!!!

Holly

P.S. James is also a co-writer of this song.

James Otto
Alison Krauss
LeAnn Rimes
Tanya Tucker
Trace Adkins
Darryl Worley
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hal Ketchum

Holly
Sadly this is the only song from James that ever really did anything for him as a singer, but it was a two week #1 song and was named the #1 country song of 2008.

God bless you and James always!!!

Holly

P.S. James is also a co-writer of this song.

Great song by James! Thanks for the post. The video is nice, it even has a chihuahua in it!

Not a blues fan, but some of it I like, Solomon Burke, Billie Holiday, and even a few Bo Diddly songs. Going by number of CD's I currently own by a musician, Sarah Brightman and Stevie Nicks win, followed by Chris Isaak, Sting, Winton Marsalis,The Rolling Stones, Jackie Evancho. Going by who I listen to the most, that would be classical music, mainly the Russian composers, followed by the Germans/Austrians. Currently I'm listening to Emmy Lou Harris's Wrecking Ball, produced by Daniel Lanois. Next in line is a compilation of Ray Price; Greatest Hits; best of the Lounge Lizard era of country music; I guess he could count as a bluesman as well.

Not a blues fan, but some of it I like, Solomon Burke, Billie Holiday, and even a few Bo Diddly songs. Going by number of CD's I currently own by a musician, Sarah Brightman and Stevie Nicks win, followed by Chris Isaak, Sting, Winton Marsalis,The Rolling Stones, Jackie Evancho. Going by who I listen to the most, that would be classical music, mainly the Russian composers, followed by the Germans/Austrians. Currently I'm listening to Emmy Lou Harris's Wrecking Ball, produced by Daniel Lanois.
Thanks, Picaro. Your music appreciation is quite eclectic. I like many kinds of music, as well.

Not a blues fan, but some of it I like, Solomon Burke, Billie Holiday, and even a few Bo Diddly songs. Going by number of CD's I currently own by a musician, Sarah Brightman and Stevie Nicks win, followed by Chris Isaak, Sting, Winton Marsalis,The Rolling Stones, Jackie Evancho. Going by who I listen to the most, that would be classical music, mainly the Russian composers, followed by the Germans/Austrians. Currently I'm listening to Emmy Lou Harris's Wrecking Ball, produced by Daniel Lanois. Next in line is a compilation of Ray Price; Greatest Hits; best of the Lounge Lizard era of country music; I guess he could count as a bluesman as well.
I'll have to check out the Emmy Lou Harris album. I love her voice and I'm a fan of Daniel Lanois' production. He produced a late '90's album by Bob Dylan, the title escapes me, that I believe is one of Bob's best albums. I just remembered, it's Time Out Of Mind, and is just fantastic. Also, Lanois produced Neil Young's album, from 2009 or 2010 or even 2011, which is humorously tiltled Le Noise. It's quite good, and features just Neil on electric guitar and Daniel, who adds some musical "textures" to the songs. And of course, Lanois did some great production for U2 in the 1980's. I like Ray Price, as well. I don't own any of his music, except for the 45 single of his, "For The Good Times". Willie Nelson did a Ray Price tribute album a few years back, and it's quite good. I believe it's titled For The Good Times.

The Neil Young album Le Noise was released in September of 2010, the Willie Nelson album For the Good Times : A Tribute To Ray Price, was released in September of 2016.

The Neil Young album Le Noise was released in September of 2010, the Willie Nelson album For the Good Times : A Tribute To Ray Price, was released in September of 2016.

Yes, saw the Willie Nelson tribute album, but never bought it. I think there is a PBS tribute Special that has Willie and Price on it.

Wrecking Ball was a Neil Young song, as a matter of fact, but the Harris album also has covers of Lucinda Williams and other songwriters; it's made for 'surround sound' HD formats so it sounds like crap on low end CD players. The drumming and bass are atypical of the usual folk sound. Lanois is one the best producers in the business. Brian Enos is up there as well, you mentioned him earlier, even though Electronica is not my thing, Holzt's The Planets is about as close as I get to electronics covers, I do respect his talents in the creation and development of that genre; it allows regular people to compose music who otherwise wouldn't; whether it's good or bad is of course not the point.

Last edited:
Loreena McKennit is also great, and like Enya she does Celtic influenced styles. Her songs are usually much longer, too. Also check out the women who make up the Celtic Women PBS shows; they are all individual recording artists and performers of their own music as well.

Loreena McKennitt - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Loreena McKennit is also great, and like Enya she does Celtic influenced styles. Her songs are usually much longer, too. Also check out the women who make up the Celtic Women PBS shows; they are all individual recording artists and performers of their own music as well.

Thanks for the info. I certainly have heard of her, but I don't think I've heard her music.

Thanks for the info. I certainly have heard of her, but I don't think I've heard her music.

I have her Book Of Secrets CD, the one she sold the most of here in the U.S., double platinum, plus they played her a lot on the alt rock and folk stations back in the 1990's. I would bet you've heard a song or two of hers without knowing who it was at the time.

I have her Book Of Secrets CD, the one she sold the most of here in the U.S., double platinum, plus they played her a lot on the alt rock and folk stations back in the 1990's. I would bet you've heard a song or two of hers without knowing who it was at the time.
I just watched her video for her song, "The Mummers' Dance". It's fantastic, I'll probably look to purchase her Book Of Secrets CD. Thanks again for the info on her. She has a beautiful voice.

Forum List

Back