Who is/are your favorite musician(s)?

Anyway...back when I was a young'un..it was rock. Hendrix, Joplin, Iron Butterfly, Led Zepplin, etc. Now? What i posted above. Especially native american music. gives me chills every time I listen to it.
Thanks, Gracie. I STILL like listening to Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I recently turned 59 years of age.

Bet you never heard Hendrix at his best, after the JH Experience, his first Band of Gypsies album!

I have the original first pressing!

Amid this time of crisis, maybe this will help take your mind off of things for the time being. Fondly recalling my favorite music helps soothe MY worried mind. My favorite musician, all-time, in any genre, is Muddy Waters, the legendary blues man. Pretty much anything he recorded during his music career is worth a listen. I've listened to a LOT of blues music over the years, and his music is some of the most impassioned and powerful I've heard. If you're interested in exploring his music, feel free to start a personal conversation with me. I can suggest what you should probably listen to by him if you're new to his music. So, who are some of YOUR favorites?

You've got to be fuggin' kidding me. You're political and racial attitudes? And your ostensible affinity for blues, it's healing power? And idolization of Muddy Waters? You're a real gateway into the blues culture that arose from slavery through sharecropping to the migration north to the British blues invasion back into the consciousness of whites in America after being ripped off by white artists. You're the guy. The bluesman.

Who've you played with?
If you don't like the topic, get the fuck out. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I just put his sorry ass on Ignore. He really IS one miserable f*cker. I'll probably take him off of Ignore in about a half hour. I usually do this with assholes like him. His attention span is most likely VERY short and he'll probably have forgotten about this thread by then.

Anyway...back when I was a young'un..it was rock. Hendrix, Joplin, Iron Butterfly, Led Zepplin, etc. Now? What i posted above. Especially native american music. gives me chills every time I listen to it.
Thanks, Gracie. I STILL like listening to Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I recently turned 59 years of age.

Bet you never heard Hendrix at his best, after the JH Experience, his first Band of Gypsies album!

I HAVE heard the Band of Gypsies album. In fact, I own the vinyl version. It IS some great stuff.

Iron Butterfly?

Oh yeah, Gracie! I was lucky enough to see Lee Dorman live in a small club outside Phili just a couple years before he passed away! It was the same place they shot the original blob movie. I was like 15 feet from the guy and got to speak with him after the concert!

Here's a handful :cool-45:

jimmy-page-keith-richards-neil-young-santana.jpg

I HAVE heard the Band of Gypsies album. In fact, I own the vinyl version. It IS some great stuff.
Got a vinyl of Green Bullfrog ?:cool-45:

Let these miraculous pieces of music set your mind at ease in these troubling times:

Anton Bruckner:

Charles Ives:

Alan Hovhaness:

Edvard Grieg:

Oh..and don't forget Foghat, Vanilla Fudge, Cream.

The one below...man oh man...the memories that brings forth, lol.

Got a vinyl of Green Bullfrog ?:cool-45:
Nope. Interesting name, I'll check them out.

That was almost entirely european instruments making the sounds

I dont begrudge NAs their traditional music and heritage

but the real stuff is not very appealing

however I like a little of most forms of music including some blues, classical, country, folk, and rock from the 60s

it all has something to offer

currently I like AJ Lee

aj lee hickory wind - Bing video

and also the Barberettes
the barberettes - YouTube

That was almost entirely european instruments making the sounds
If it is pleasing to the ears, it matters not how it was made or what "instruments" were used.
Birds chirping in trees, ocean waves, babbling brooks, soft windchimes, rain...all are music. Made by nature, but still music.

My late favorites are Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys and Billy Joe Royal.

The following are my favorites who are still here.

James Otto
Alison Krauss
LeAnn Rimes
Tanya Tucker
Trace Adkins
Darryl Worley
Brad Paisley
Kenny Chesney
Toby Keith
Hal Ketchum

Duos-Brooks and Dunn and High Valley
Trios-SheDaisy and Black Hawk