Who is/are your favorite musician(s)?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
Amid this time of crisis, maybe this will help take your mind off of things for the time being. Fondly recalling my favorite music helps soothe MY worried mind. My favorite musician, all-time, in any genre, is Muddy Waters, the legendary blues man. Pretty much anything he recorded during his music career is worth a listen. I've listened to a LOT of blues music over the years, and his music is some of the most impassioned and powerful I've heard. If you're interested in exploring his music, feel free to start a personal conversation with me. I can suggest what you should probably listen to by him if you're new to his music. So, who are some of YOUR favorites?

Amid this time of crisis, maybe this will help take your mind off of things for the time being. Fondly recalling my favorite music helps soothe MY worried mind. My favorite musician, all-time, in any genre, is Muddy Waters, the legendary blues man. Pretty much anything he recorded during his music career is worth a listen. I've listened to a LOT of blues music over the years, and his music is some of the most impassioned and powerful I've heard. If you're interested in exploring his music, feel free to start a personal conversation with me. I can suggest what you should probably listen to by him if you're new to his music. So, who are some of YOUR favorites?

Most any good fusion jazz band from the 1970s, from Miles to Return to Forever to Mahavishnu, to Jeff Beck, Jan Hammer, to great rock bands like Yes, Moody Blues, and others.

Most any good fusion jazz band from the 1970s, from Miles to Return to Forever to Mahavishnu, to Jeff Beck, Jan Hammer, to great rock bands like Yes, Moody Blues, and others.
Thanks! I like some of that music, as well. Especially Jeff Beck, Yes and the Moody Blues.

Thanks! I like some of that music, as well. Especially Jeff Beck, Yes and the Moody Blues.

larry corryel - sex - 1969 (vinilo)

Enya for calming those nerves...
Thanks! I like her music, as well, for the same reason. Have you ever listened to Brian Eno's music? He's put out quite a bit of "ambient" music, a phrase I believed HE coined for his tranquil work. Some of my favorite ambient music titles by him include Discreet Music, Thursday Afternoon and The Ship. These are all available to listen to in their entirety on YouTube. The Apollo Soundtracks is also mighty fine.

You've got to be fuggin' kidding me. You're political and racial attitudes? And your ostensible affinity for blues, it's healing power? And idolization of Muddy Waters? You're a real gateway into the blues culture that arose from slavery through sharecropping to the migration north to the British blues invasion back into the consciousness of whites in America after being ripped off by white artists. You're the guy. The bluesman.

Who've you played with?

Thanks! I like her music, as well, for the same reason. Have you ever listened to Brian Eno's music? He's put out quite a bit of "ambient" music, a phrase I believed HE coined for his tranquil work. Some of my favorite ambient music titles by him include Discreet Music, Thursday Afternoon and The Ship. These are all available to listen to in their entirety on YouTube. The Apollo Soundtracks is also mighty fine.

Are there no Harry Nilsson fans out there?

You've got to be fuggin' kidding me. You're political and racial attitudes? And your ostensible affinity for blues, it's healing power? And idolization of Muddy Waters? You're a real gateway into the blues culture that arose from slavery through sharecropping to the migration north to the British blues invasion back into the consciousness of whites in America after being ripped off by white artists. You're the guy. The bluesman.

Who've you played with?
Gee, Bo, you've trolled yet ANOTHER thread without addressing the topic. Just go away, cretin, go away, if you have nothing constructive or positive to post. You truly ARE a miserable and unhappy individual.

Who've you played with?
If you don't like the topic, get the fuck out. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Anyway...back when I was a young'un..it was rock. Hendrix, Joplin, Iron Butterfly, Led Zepplin, etc. Now? What i posted above. Especially native american music. gives me chills every time I listen to it.

Are there no Harry Nilsson fans out there?

Thanks! Nilsson is one of my favorites, especially those two albums the songs in the videos are from. Have you heard his version of "Time Goes By", from Casablanca? It's nearly perfect and just sublime.

Who've you played with?
If you don't like the topic, get the fuck out. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
Thanks, Gracie. He IS an asshole, like he proved once again on this thread.

Anyway...back when I was a young'un..it was rock. Hendrix, Joplin, Iron Butterfly, Led Zepplin, etc. Now? What i posted above. Especially native american music. gives me chills every time I listen to it.
Thanks, Gracie. I STILL like listening to Hendrix and Led Zeppelin, and I'm no spring chicken myself. I recently turned 59 years of age.

Forum List

Back