Who honestly doesn't belive in intelligent design?

Do you believe that...

• life came from a rock

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • life came from an intelligent designer

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
direct question: despite my obvious exhibition that you've indeed supported my characterization of your argument, what else supports your claim that i have consistently misrepresented what you've put forward?

i don't need to twist anything that you've said to lay my argument against it. i don't want to, either. i argue that i haven't done so and that your insistence in claiming that this has gone on is a lie of yours.

substantiate it.

I refer you back to the discussion from which you lifted the quote. That is my substantiation. And you affirmed it with your statement "but you've said all that already, Foxfyre."

that does not substantiate your accusation, your lie:

"You have been fairly regularly dishonestly characterizing what I said, what I intended, what I implied even as you take whatever statement out of its full context."

that you've laid out your gap concept -- which i've argued is not keeping with scientific method -- central to scientific philosophy -- is no substantiation of this falsehood. remember? i considered these to be gaps in your own understanding. i later explained that this is not only lacking understanding or awareness of theory on the books, but of the spirit and philosophy of science and its method -- what i argued science is all about.

you never answered to any of those arguments. you've just restated your own above after claiming that i've lied about what you said because i couldn't refute it. the blackboard calls the chalk black.

that was your first bald-faced lie. i've shown how. now you've laid another one without substance. i didn't know that ad hominem dishonesty was your style, Foxfyre. this is all brand new to me.

Fine Antagon. Scratch a liberal long enough and invariably the mud slinging comes out. I don't want to play. Have a good day.

Or maybe you will join with the open minded who accept that their instincts and imagination is as good as anybody else's

I'm sure your imagination is as good as any other 5th grader. But science is not founded on imagination. It sits in the realm of evidence.

It appears that you have found yourself completely refuted on this topic. At first you responded by claiming you wouldn't respond to the people asking specific questions about science and your ideas. Now it seems even the last person you were willing to respond to has thoroughly shot you down, and so you cowardly run from the conversation based on yet another falsified victimization.

Let me give you some advice for the future: if you're so incapable of supporting a point, and get so easily hurt by people proving you wrong, don't bother joining the discussion in the first place.

Well SmarterthanHick has now neg repped me twice for expressing my opinion. Isn't that special? And Antagon thinks I lie without supporting that assertion with anything credible either. Even more special.

You two should get together more often. You were made for each other.

Have a good evening gentlemen.

I negged you both times you decided to ignore people in the discussion you disagree with, seeking some victimization role to "justify" avoiding reason and logic. As I stated in both negs, I disagree with your avoidance and ignorance in that way, not the fact that you have a different opinion, regardless of how ridiculous it may be.

You will continue to receive negs every time you do that. I still don't care how much you whine about it, and no one else believes yet more victimization from you anyway. Go cry wolf somewhere else.

Last edited:
No one believes life came from a rock.

What a stupid poll. Figures though, from a Jesus Freak. LOL!!!!

straight-up lie number one:

not as science, but by science teachers in science class -- a requisite of being a good science teacher, in fact. :doubt:

Antagon likes to make things up when he can't refute what was actually said.

oh, i've refuted this:

The teacher, if he is a good teacher, will point out those areas of science that we cannot yet explain. If he is so inclined, and if he is a good teacher, he can explain the various theories out there to fill in those gaps in our knowledge and I.D. is one that many people do believe.

who made that up?

my characterization of what you've argued lines up with the very words which i've based it on even though you said i made that up. you incorporated another falsehood that you'd presented an argument which i could not refute.

lie number two:
You have been fairly regularly dishonestly characterizing what I said, what I intended, what I implied even as you take whatever statement out of its full context.

this isn't true either. in fact, i would describe my debate as an exercise in trying to goad a precise position from you which could inform me whether or not there were points of agreement/disagreement between our perspectives. i made this known in my rebuttals.

i have no problem agreeing with people, recognizing misunderstanding or how i am wrong. to the extent that i am right about things, i owe to this disposition. for this reason i wonder what would motivate me to twist your arguments as you claim. your retreat mechanism is claiming persecution and that explains the accusations. now you have twice claimed that i am dishonest and not once supported that. then you called me names, a liberal at least, on top of these ad hominem and false accusations, then accused me of slinging mud! that's another lie!

not a drop of credibility left, Foxfyre. its all right there to see. :eusa_snooty:

No one believes life came from a rock.

What a stupid poll. Figures though, from a Jesus Freak. LOL!!!!

Lol, the next poll will be "Do you think life evolved or did it come from magic fairy dust" :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back