who here still thinks we weren't lied to about entering iraq

Here is an example of the lunatic fringe that I was talking about. Yes, some people still believe that this war made sense. What does one say to someone who is so deluded. There are many nations who may be a threat in the future. This is why we must return our forces to our borders and start enforcing our immigration policy and actually defend our country for a change.
I'm wondering if you've even read any of the analyses of the IC, domestic and international, leading up to the invasion.

Are you trying to tell me ....
No.

So, why did we invade Iraq?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKXC8LBWLtc]YouTube - Why did we Invade Iraq?- Nation Building[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wbpKCdkkQ&feature=PlayList&p=80676B9DFAB860AA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39]YouTube - Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice Tell The Truth About Iraq[/ame]

I was wondering who were still thinks the American people were given factual information before invading Iraq or that Bush wasn't going to start a war no matter what the results of WMD searches were? If you think factual information was given regarding WMDS, iraq-9/11 link, or anything else please list it.
how about no one was lied to, just we had piss poor intel on the issue

If US Intelligence had "piss-poor" infos on Iraq, which i highly doubt as to the sums ($) being spent on intelligence, there is no other possibility then getting near-to-accurate intelligence, you can be assured of that allied Intelligence services were in constant contact with US intelligence services trying to convince them that Iraq is no threat at all. In the end you want to believe what you want to believe and you only hear what you want to hear.
Also this is not a question of lying but a question of having the power to push forward with "inaccurate" assesments infront of the world community. This power the USA had, and this is also the reason why the Bush unilateralism gave US the reputation the Obama administration currently tries to fix.

i believe we were lied to about Iraq in fact i believe we were lied to about 9-11... I also believe we will never be told the truth about any of it...

here is the link to the official 9-11 report... well actually I need 15 posts before I post a URL... shit... but what ever... you get my point

why is it that i need a pass word to look at it? it's all bullshit...if there is nothing to hide than why is it being hidden?

LTH68

I do not think Bush deliberately lied to the American people for his reasons to invade Iraq.

I have no doubt that in his evangelical mind set he was absolutely right, even when he was dead wrong. He believed what he wanted to believe in, accurately or not, and so many thousands have died because of it. Don't elect evangelicals to office, if they can't demonstrate critical thinking skills.

I was wondering who were still thinks the American people were given factual information before invading Iraq or that Bush wasn't going to start a war no matter what the results of WMD searches were? If you think factual information was given regarding WMDS, iraq-9/11 link, or anything else please list it.

Dive con, he was told there were no wmd's. He was in charge, he is responsible. He lied about this.

We went to war for oil and to settle a little dick thing because of his father.

And, once again, mdn makes a statement that has nothing to add to the main conversation. Let's move on.

Dive con, he was told there were no wmd's. He was in charge, he is responsible. He lied about this.

We went to war for oil and to settle a little dick thing because of his father.
zona lies again

We were certainly led astray.

Whether it was due to malicious intent or incompetence, I doubt we'll ever know.

And, once again, mdn makes a statement that has nothing to add to the main conversation. Let's move on.

I forget the thread I creamed you in, care to refresh my memory, I carry the grudge as well but I got to wait a long time before you post anything more than a simpleton statement so that I get to cream you again.

Critical thinking skills, wow, sounds really, really, smart, I love critical thinking, how about the United Nations reports of the late 90's, ever read them, very enlightening, we actually were destroying biological labs and searching for missing chemicals and biological agents. I even got a couple books by the turn-coats before they turned coat, I aint at home so I will have to seem a bit dumb, I could google but I dont google, I also dont cite wikipedia, either way though I would be more than happy to engage any single fool who thinks he knows more than I.

Can I end a sentence like I did, I dont think so, I would be happy if anyone corrected my grammar, nothing worst than being a conservative and writing like a dumbass liberal.

here are the ACTUAL reasons given by the US government for going to war. This is what CONGRESS gave as reasons for invading Iraq. (does any of the idiots that blame bush for everything remember that congress actually voted and passed this?)

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors. does anyone want to argue that this wasnt a fact?

Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region." ok, rather than look what we know now let's look at what was believed at the time. if you want to say Bush lied then what about Congress? Congress is stating clearly here that Iraq has WMD programs. How many other governments concurred? how many thought that Iraq did not have a program?

Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population." does anyone wish to argue this point?

Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people". does anyone wish to argue this point?

Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War. surely nobody is silly enough to say this wasnt happening.

Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq." known is probably the wrong word but "thought" is definitely true. al Qaeda certainly was in Iraq after the invasion.

Iraq's "continuing to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations. definitely true.

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement. to all the revisionist historians that wish to blame Bush for everything please note the date of this act.

You have just created that masterpiece of boondogglery known as the "fizzwhizzle".

A fizzwhizzle is argumentation to obscure a clear examination of the facts.

Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War. surely nobody is silly enough to say this wasnt happening.
uh oh. Does this mean we have to let the Cubans invade us?

Really I believe Bush believed Iraq was the root of all evil. In reality it was bombed to third world status. But I can't disagree a large number of folks born there since the 1st war no doubt hate us.

Humans are designed to deny and project, there will always be those who see the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation that was no threat to America as justified. The argument goes on only if you choose to do so with these apologists. What will change is the future view of Iraq if history is done honestly. But one only has to look at the treatment of the native Americans to realize how hard that is. When a rigid ideology guides what you know, truth is quickly lost.

Paradigm Iraq Immoral

Once Upon a Time...: Trapped in the Wrong Paradigm: Three Handy Rules

"I repeat: the entire war and occupation are immoral. If you criticize the Bush administration on the grounds that it "bungled" the war, this leaves one, and only one, inevitable implication: if they had prosecuted the war and occupation "competently," then you would have no complaints whatsoever. That is: you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq were justified and moral. If that's what you actually think, you belong in the Bush camp. You're arguing over managerial style, and about issues that are entirely trivial."

"A team of American and Iraqi epidemiologists estimates that 655,000 more people have died in Iraq since coalition forces arrived in March 2003 than would have died if the invasion had not occurred."

Forum List

Back