Who here favors expanding the Supreme Court?

The courts are now a political toy.

Do whatever you can get away with. Stack the courts. Block appointments. Hold seats open until you have a favorable Presidency. Nuclear option appointments
Agreed. But do you favor the democrats packing the courts to get their way on things?

Yes or no?

Of course he does, he's a paid commiecrat poster. Anything the commies want is fine with him, to hell with the country.

Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE

I'm sure you do, since you are paid by them. LMAO

Bullshit

I am paid by the Great American Patriot George Soros

The problem with both sides is as the old saying goes they can't think beyond the end of their nose. 2013 Harry Reid and the Democrats use the nuclear option to get cabinet nominees and lower court justices confirmed with a simple majority vote instead of the 60 I have no doubt Reid and the Democrats did this believing they would keep the Senate in 2014 and the Presidency in 2016 and use this to their full advantage. The problem they never considered it seems that they could lose both and they did and the Republicans used it to their full advantage. Now lets flip to the Republicans Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans using the precedent set by Reid and the Democrats used the nuclear option to get the vote for Supreme Court Justices from 60 down to the simple majority vote and they got two nominees on the court by doing so but be assured when the Democrats have the Presidency and Senate again this will bite the Republicans in the ass just like how what Reid did came back to bite the Democrats in it.
Both sides know exactly what they are doing...........whatever it takes to stay in power and appease the lobbyist that made them all millionaires............and NOTHING MORE.
Republicans have spent the Trump years packing the courts with young conservatives

Time for Dems to retaliate

Wow, filling vacancies, OH THE HORROR.

Good point.

Mitch was able to fill record numbers of vacancies because so many were blocked under Obama......including the Supreme Court

No... and no more lifetime appointments. 8 years max.
i agree with that.....lifetime appointments gets you people who are so old their health starts failing them and yet they are still there....
Exactly. RBG is in and out of the hospital all the time and can barely stand, yet there she is, still clinging to that seat.

It shouldn't be allowed.

Do whatever you can get away with. Stack the courts. Block appointments. Hold seats open until you have a favorable Presidency. Nuclear option appointments
Agreed. But do you favor the democrats packing the courts to get their way on things?

Yes or no?

Of course he does, he's a paid commiecrat poster. Anything the commies want is fine with him, to hell with the country.

Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE

Bullshit

208,533 posts, most of the them moronic radical fluff and the rest pure bull shit, yeah, you probably are getting to paid to post.

I'd ban you.

Yes or no?

Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE

Bullshit

208,533 posts, most of the them moronic radical fluff and the rest pure bull shit, yeah, you probably are getting to paid to post.

I'd ban you.
I am well compensated

$5 a post and $1000 for every poster I turn in to the Internet Police
But I mostly do it for the Dental Plan

• Funny
Reactions: 007

Yes or no?

Commies!
I see Commies EVERYWHERE

Bullshit

I'd ban you.
I am well compensated

$5 a post and $1000 for every poster I turn in to the Internet Police
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Long ago during the reign of FDR the nation experienced the Progressive attack on Constitutional law known as the Court Packing Scheme. Many of you probably have never even heard of it in school because schools only cast a favorable light on Progressives such as FDR, but it happened nonetheless. Essentially, SCOTUS had just struck down FDR's New Deal in many regards and he was pissed out of his mind, so he came up with a scheme to add Supreme Court Justices who would pass his legislation. Luckily, no one else wanted to go along with this blatant attempt to subvert the checks and balances set up by the Founders that stood in FDR's way. And Americans were overwhelmingly against the idea as well. This sort of corruption is what later prompted Congress to act to limit the terms of the President, with FDR who had just achieved his third term.

However, FDR is a Progressive god to Progressives today, and they are wanting to follow in his footsteps by trying to do what he tried to do long ago. The difference today is that you have about half the populace ready to follow the DNC no matter what it does or says, as opposed to Americans back in the 1040's who were aghast at the corruption of FDR and his Court Packing Scheme. Mark my words, once back in power they will attempt this because their agenda is so radical, they will need to rewrite the Constitution with the help of their Supreme Court Justice stooges.

So who here agrees with it?

The reasoning in the article was this:

“We can’t go on like this where every time there’s a vacancy, there’s this apocalyptic ideological battle,” he added.

But how would the ideological battle change with more Supreme Court justices? It makes not sense. Essentially, the battles would rage even more as more and more would need to be appointed.

This sort of thing is what we have to look forward to with a Biden win
If it is not against the rules, it isn't against the rules. If gerrymandering and sabotaging the USPS are fine, for example, then so is expanding the court, for the same reason: no rules broken, nothing to see here.

This is the new American politics. I hope President Biden gets to appoint 7 or 8 liberal judges.

Long ago during the reign of FDR the nation experienced the Progressive attack on Constitutional law known as the Court Packing Scheme. Many of you probably have never even heard of it in school because schools only cast a favorable light on Progressives such as FDR, but it happened nonetheless. Essentially, SCOTUS had just struck down FDR's New Deal in many regards and he was pissed out of his mind, so he came up with a scheme to add Supreme Court Justices who would pass his legislation. Luckily, no one else wanted to go along with this blatant attempt to subvert the checks and balances set up by the Founders that stood in FDR's way. And Americans were overwhelmingly against the idea as well. This sort of corruption is what later prompted Congress to act to limit the terms of the President, with FDR who had just achieved his third term.

However, FDR is a Progressive god to Progressives today, and they are wanting to follow in his footsteps by trying to do what he tried to do long ago. The difference today is that you have about half the populace ready to follow the DNC no matter what it does or says, as opposed to Americans back in the 1040's who were aghast at the corruption of FDR and his Court Packing Scheme. Mark my words, once back in power they will attempt this because their agenda is so radical, they will need to rewrite the Constitution with the help of their Supreme Court Justice stooges.

“We can’t go on like this where every time there’s a vacancy, there’s this apocalyptic ideological battle,” he added.

But how would the ideological battle change with more Supreme Court justices? It makes not sense. Essentially, the battles would rage even more as more and more would need to be appointed.

If it is not against the rules, it isn't against the rules. If gerrymandering and sabotaging the USPS are fine, for example, then so is expanding the court, for the same reason: no rules broken, nothing to see here.

This is the new American politics. I hope President Biden gets to appoint 7 or 8 liberal judges.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lots of bots here today....

Dems need to pack the courts and then pass legislation saying you are no longer allowed to do it.

Dems need to pack the courts and then pass legislation saying you are no longer allowed to do it.
Sounds like a plan.

RBG is looking a mite peaked. Sotomayor's diabetes sure can't take all that weight ...

It's ok, we got this.

:)

No keep it at nine. almost 3/4 of the senate in 1937 was Democrat and FDR ran into a brick wall.

I want it expanded by one (1, liberals) so long as the new Justice is ME! Yeah, I know an even number produces a tie which equates to gridlock. Remember Rule #1 of minimizing government: A gridlocked government can't do any further harm.

Forum List

Back