Who Has a Shotgun For Sale ?

The one I have I bought at a gun show. You might be able to find one hiding amongst all the AR15 hardware and parts.
Mines a tactical home defence model that was reasonably priced. Winchester SXP Marine Defender. Marine for the stainless steel used to help prevent corrosion and reduce maintenance.

I got a Remington 870. Like new condition. Make me an offer.
Remington's website shows 26 shotguns in the 870 model, ranging in price (NEW) from $439 to $1249. However, the average Remington 870 Express sells for a retail price of $349.99. ..... Tell me more.

Last edited:
You're not going to find your perfect gun for a low price these days.
I stocked up on some new firearms during the barry years and paid on average 10% more than I would have under normal circumstances.
It's worse than that now. The only low priced good quality home defense shotgun I saw actually being sold in a gun shop, was a Mossberg Maverick 88 selling for $260. That's 44% above their normal price of $180. I probably should buy it, but like everybody else, I just can't feel right about being ripped off for $80.

You're not going to find your perfect gun for a low price these days.
I stocked up on some new firearms during the barry years and paid on average 10% more than I would have under normal circumstances.
It's worse than that now. The only low priced good quality home defense shotgun I saw actually being sold in a gun shop, was a Mossberg Maverick 88 selling for $260. That's 44% above their normal price of $180. I probably should buy it, but like everybody else, I just can't feel right about being ripped off for $80.
Would ya rather feela ripped off or feela dead or whatcha you home shes ah burna down from da punks running outta control?

Would ya rather feela ripped off or feela dead or whatcha you home shes ah burna down from da punks running outta control?
I was wondering how long it was going to take for exactly this post to show up. 40 minutes.

Well, don't worry about me, in whatever accent you were trying to imitate. I'm not unarmed. I have a KelTec .380 semiauto pistol, with hollowpoint bullets, which at the close range of somebody trying to bust into my house, will obliterate them instantly.

Have an extra clip too. I can wait for the shotguns to come back.

1593984614603.png
1593984726811.png

I was wondering how long it was going to take for exactly this post to show up. 40 minutes.

Well, don't worry about me, in whatever accent you were trying to imitate. I'm not unarmed. I have a KelTec .380 semiauto pistol, with hollowpoint bullets, which at the close range of somebody trying to bust into my house, will obliterate them instantly.

View attachment 359826 View attachment 359831

In a pinch you use what ya got.
The sound of gunfire will run most of the cowards off right quick.
While the .380 isnt much for stopping power it'll still scare the crap out of an assailant.

Thanks. They do have a new 12 GA pump in stock, but it has a 28 inch barrel. I wonder if they could change the barrel to 18.5 inch ? It's only $247. No reviews on it though. Sure looks good.

I don't know but you can call classic firearms and ask.

View attachment 359826 View attachment 359831
Here's my home defense go too
IMG_20190127_110245440.jpg

I got a Remington 870. Like new condition. Make me an offer.
Remington's website shows 26 shotguns in the 870 model, ranging in price (NEW) from $439 to $1249. However, the average Remington 870 Express sells for a retail price of $349.99. ..... Tell me more.

Express is not finished to the same quality. They were produced for box stores, cheap and most buyers did not know the difference, buy an express at walmart and it won't extract their cheap shells. Chambers not polished, sticky extraction, not too good a trigger or slide mech, parkerized vs blued,,,,"made for walmart to their wishes" is all you need to know.

Yeah yeah, someone has an express, best they ever owned. Good for you, the above is facts.

While the .380 isnt much for stopping power it'll still scare the crap out of an assailant.
It's about equal to a 9MM, which most cops use, and sometimes kill people with. Stopping power, at close range, has a lot to do with the diameter of the bullet, and .380 is same as .38 which cops also used for years. Also, .380 has less recoil, and therefore more controllability in rapidfire situations. Biggest shortcoming of .380 is accuracy at longer distances, but that's not my problem.

Last edited:

click tampa florida..........

click change store........

Citrus Park has it in stock
St. Petersburg in stock
Lakeland in stock
Spring hill in stock
East Colonial in stock
Citrus Park does NOT have Mossberg 500 in stock. That's the one I want (if it can come with the short barrel). I went there couple of days ago, and talked to the guy in the gun dept. He said that they have no idea when they'll get them in. Same with Maverick 88.

After reading Post # 71, I'm not so sure about a Remington 870 Express. Hard to believe a Remington 870 of any kind, could be that bad. Maybe it isn't as long as you use the right ammunition, and keep it in good condition.

Last edited:
Express is not finished to the same quality. They were produced for box stores, cheap and most buyers did not know the difference, buy an express at walmart and it won't extract their cheap shells. Chambers not polished, sticky extraction, not too good a trigger or slide mech, parkerized vs blued,,,,"made for walmart to their wishes" is all you need to know.

Yeah yeah, someone has an express, best they ever owned. Good for you, the above is facts.
Here's some more facts. Not saying you're entirely wrong, but there are differences of opinion >>

Here's some more facts. Not saying you're entirely wrong, but there are differences of opinion >>

Those are reviews, they get paid and get the gun for being nice. Express is not a wingmaster like maverick is not a mossy. All WORK, some better.

It's about equal to a 9MM, which most cops use, and sometimes kill people with. Stopping power, at close range, has a lot to do with the diameter of the bullet, and .380 is same as .38 which cops also used for years. Also, .380 has less recoil, and therefore more controllability in rapidfire situations. Biggest shortcoming of .380 is accuracy at longer distances, but that's not my problem.

A .22 is almost the exact diameter of a 5.56,I know which one i'd rather get hit with.
The .380 is a bit slower than the 9mm and wont reach as far but since most engagements happen closely it works.
I have this little guy and hitting a four inch plate at 50 ft is easy.
The mag extension made it even easier.
9A3A38B7-2218-4ED1-908F-5D4BF8424B8E.jpeg

Forum List

Back