WHo Do You Think Did Best in Tonite's GOP Debate?

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I didn't see all of it (tennis practive with daughter) but from I saw, I would go as follows:

1. Herman Cain. Clear, concise, confident, articulate & direct. Downside? Could you possibly answer ONE question without 999?
2. Romney. Pretty strong, very smooth and relaxed. Faltered a bit after the Reagan video but otherwise pretty good.
3. Ron Paul! Wow! I didn't see him say anything so off-the-wall, that it will end up a punchline on late night tv! Unusual for him not to lose two points for every point he scores.
4. Newt. I thought he did pretty well tonite.
5. Santorum. A couple of big hiccups but otherwise reasonable.
6. Some toenails I clipped while watching the show.
7. Rick Perry. Really Rick? You come to a debate on the economy equipped with "I'll get back to you on that economy thing." ??? That and his other answers have me wondering if sounding stupid is a prerequisite for Texan politics. Of Course Kay Bailey Hutchison proves that wrong but then, Perry slaughtered her in the Gov Race...
8. SpongeBob.
9. Toe Fungus. I hate toe fungus.
10. Stuff that's less likeable than toe fungus.
11. Michele Bachmann. There's your late night tv punchlines. Seriously? Turn over 999 and you get 666, the number of the beast and Cain's plan? Obama said WHAT??? Lady, you do know that if you lie every hour of your life, people will eventually notice, right?

So there's my rankings. I like Cain more every time I see him. The only candidate that would make my 2012 voting decision easy. How about your rankings?

Last edited:
Actually, I thought Huntsman did himself the most good, in terms of giving himself a better chance of winning the nomination.

will they replay it on C-SPAN? I didn't get in on my comcast. but I'm watching ed schultz now and he is bashing all of them { to anyones surprise?}

One thread just wasnt enough on this topic?

Newt as usual out classes them all. He wont get the win though

Yeah--we've had a ton of threads on this already. BUT.

Here's my pick as to who won tonight.

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
4. Cain--because he blew it on his 999 answer and Alan Greenspan being a good Fed chief--so he's going to drop down.
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
4. Cain--because he blew it on his 999 answer and Alan Greenspan being a good Fed chief--so he's going to drop down.
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

Bachmann? Seriously? You must have really liked her going in.

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

No--I have never been a Bachmann supporter--but I think her answers--her clarity did very well tonight--so she walked away with more points.

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

No--I have never been a Bachmann supporter--but I think her answers--her clarity did very well tonight--so she walked away with more points.

Wow! Well that shows how different perceptions can be! I thought she came off like a petty whackjob. I mean she did a good job of hitting Obama but that's shooting fish in a barrel. When it came to anything other than that well, I guess the Minnesotans like her...

Wow! Well that shows how different perceptions can be! I thought she came off like a petty whackjob. I mean she did a good job of hitting Obama but that's shooting fish in a barrel. When it came to anything other than that well, I guess the Minnesotans like her...

I agree. I thought Bachmann did poorly, as evidenced by my earlier thread about her putting her foot in her mouth. I thought it was interesting that after that she became somewhat more withdrawn and reserved. I think in her head she realized she screwed up by invoking Obama's name as the alleged speaker in a rather politically sensitive conversation.

I thought that in a way Bachmann and Cain were similar in their approaches. Each picked an idea and nearly every question they were asked was pulled toward that particular idea, resulting in almost every question being given the same answer. The difference for Bachmann is that Cain was much more successful at creating a semblance of relevance to 9-9-9 on most of those questions. But Bachmann came across looking like little more than an extremist parrot. I'm starting to worry that if she won the nomination, but lost the general election, she' go off an start a militia movement and try to march on D.C.

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

She looked beautiful last night too.

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

Yup thats the list!

Spot on chap, spot on :)

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

I dislike bachmann and am on the record on this forum saying she should just drop out of the race and go away.

That being said she did a good job last night and I think she will take a few percentage points away from Herman Cain in the polls.

1. Gingrich
2. Cain
3. Romney
4. Santorum
5. Huntsman (!)
6. Paul
7. Bachman
8. Perry

Gingrich continues have the aura of the "instructor" of the group. Most knowledgeable
Cain - Almost too much Cain and 999.
Romney - He knows his business. I want to know about foreign affairs, now.
Santorum - Came off well two times now.
Huntsman - Give him more air time. Want to hear from him more.
Paul - tonight he was good, but a loon from past interviews.
Bachman - Too much family. okay already.
Perry - down with immigration and std shots..he's done

1. Romney
2. Gingrich
3. Bachmann
5. Perry
6. Santorum
7. Paul
8. Huntsman

I dislike bachmann and am on the record on this forum saying she should just drop out of the race and go away.

That being said she did a good job last night and I think she will take a few percentage points away from Herman Cain in the polls.

^^^
What PP said.

1. Romney - he's got my vote
2. Gingrich - smartest one of the bunch
3. Bachmann - held her own but again ... time to go away
4. Cain - flavor of the week
5. Perry - WTF? "Romney has had 6 years and I've only had 2 months." What kind of cry baby shit is that? And what was up with him looking around the table after the Reagan clip, like he was looking for an answer from the rest of the gang.
6. Paul
7. Huntsman
8. Santorum

^^^
What PP said.

5. Perry - WTF? "Romney has had 6 years and I've only had 2 months." What kind of cry baby shit is that? And what was up with him looking around the table after the Reagan clip, like he was looking for an answer from the rest of the gang.
6. Paul
7. Huntsman
8. Santorum

Just curious. You say Gingrich is the smartest of the bunch, but Romney has your vote. Why?

^^^
What PP said.

6. Paul
7. Huntsman
8. Santorum

Just curious. You say Gingrich is the smartest of the bunch, but Romney has your vote. Why?

For the record, Romney didn't have my vote until I saw his performance in last night's debate. If I thought Gingrich was electable and capable of beating Obama, then he would have my vote. But he's not ... unfortunately.

Perry's trying to hide a deep dark secret, that as a former Democrat he was a staunch opponent of Reagan. :lol:

Forum List

Back