Who Controls Congress?

And what exactly do "the people" want Congress to do? I figure it's stop this Iraq nonsense, since that's what they were elected to do. But because there are still Repubs in Congress, they're not veto-proof. *shrug*

It could be your figuring is incorrect. It could be that Congress is spending more time actinging as politicians than statesmen during a time of war. More time in throwing pork into bills than writing and passing good bills, especially those relating to the war.

It could be your figuring is incorrect. It could be that Congress is spending more time actinging as politicians than statesmen during a time of war. More time in throwing pork into bills than writing and passing good bills, especially those relating to the war.

Well... if you want to talk pork I suppose we can talk about Stevens' new ferry project up in Alaska.

Or perhaps "the people" are tired of the Repubs trying to balance the budget on their backs instead of by stopping the bleeding on Iraq spending.

Lots of "if's" there.

Well... if you want to talk pork I suppose we can talk about Stevens' new ferry project up in Alaska.

Or perhaps "the people" are tired of the Repubs trying to balance the budget on their backs instead of by stopping the bleeding on Iraq spending.

Lots of "if's" there.

And Steven's is considered in what regard by most republicans? It was conservatives that killed his freakin' bridge. Where is the outrage from those on your side, when members of your party waste? For the most part, those tendencies on both sides account for the strengths and weaknesses of both parties. Weird.

And Steven's is considered in what regard by most republicans? It was conservatives that killed his freakin' bridge. Where is the outrage from those on your side, when members of your party waste? For the most part, those tendencies on both sides account for the strengths and weaknesses of both parties. Weird.

It was the dems' embarrassing the repubs that killed the bridge.

Before you guys can complain about spending, you have to stop wasting our money on Iraq.... because that's the far bigger problem... our national debt.

Off to work now, Kathianne, have a good day. :)

It was the dems' embarrassing the repubs that killed the bridge.

Before you guys can complain about spending, you have to stop wasting our money on Iraq.... because that's the far bigger problem... our national debt.

Off to work now, Kathianne, have a good day. :)

Me thinks you wrong, Jillian; but have a good one yourself.

Forum List

Back