Who came out on top in the Tea Party debate?

Who won/scored the best in the Tea Party debate?

• Perry

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Romney

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bachmann

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Santorum

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Cain

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Huntsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newt

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Awesome take on the evening's festivities.

The frontrunner has no clothes - The Washington Post

Refreshingly, though, Perry’s rivals did not leave his bluster unanswered. Of the increase in jobs in Texas, Romney joked: “If you’re dealt four aces that doesn’t make you necessarily a great poker player.” Paul, accusing Perry of tax and spending increases, quipped: “I don’t want to offend the governor, because he might raise my taxes.”

Perry licked his lips. He looked at the ceiling. He blinked so rapidly his eyes could have been sending a coded S.O.S. signal. For a guy who apparently thought he could bluff and bully his way to the nomination, this was much-needed comeuppance.

When Romney pressed Perry about whether he still thinks “Social Security should be ended as a federal program, as you did six months ago,” the Texan hedged.

“I think we ought to have a conversation,” he said.

“We’re having that right now, governor,” Romney reminded him. “We’re running for president.”

don't know. Didn't watch it. Im just not into it right now. Could be because the wife is distracting.

• Banned

Refreshingly, though, Perry’s rivals did not leave his bluster unanswered. Of the increase in jobs in Texas, Romney joked: “If you’re dealt four aces that doesn’t make you necessarily a great poker player.” Paul, accusing Perry of tax and spending increases, quipped: “I don’t want to offend the governor, because he might raise my taxes.”

Perry licked his lips. He looked at the ceiling. He blinked so rapidly his eyes could have been sending a coded S.O.S. signal. For a guy who apparently thought he could bluff and bully his way to the nomination, this was much-needed comeuppance.

When Romney pressed Perry about whether he still thinks “Social Security should be ended as a federal program, as you did six months ago,” the Texan hedged.

“We’re having that right now, governor,” Romney reminded him. “We’re running for president.”

And to think I thought for once you might have an opinion of your own. Sigh.....

Romney did well. As did Gingrich, he made some excellent points.....Santorum was better than usual....Bachmann did well, particularly on the HPV issue, and her final answer about what she'll bring to the oval office, and said a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights was spot on.......Cain was strong on the business front as usual, but still doesn't show much about his knowledge of Washington.....Huntsman was Ok, but I loved the last question answer about bringing his Harley to the Oval Office. As a Harley man myself, I can definitely appreciate that!.....Perry did OK, but he needs to come out firing......And Paul just needs to go, Period. His blaming the US garbage, ala Obama, is getting old. And watching him get booed when he attempted it towards the end, fully confirmed he's a waste of oxygen in the room.

All in all, good debate. I'm looking forward to the future ones.

Last edited:

Sooooooooooo, what's your opinion. Do you have one?

Or, are you just up here to add nothing of substance, as usual?

I would have to say Gingrich won and Perry lost.
Perry needs to get tough, and come out swinging....At this point, i'm still leaning Romney.

Gingrich did great, no doubt about it. I doubt he has a chance at the nomination, but his VP chances just got much stronger....Christ, he would slaughter Biden in a debate. You know Biden would pull that phoney folksy BS, and Gingrich would ram it up his ass.

Perry did have one excellent answer when he was talking about giving business, particularly small business, the confidence to go out and risk their capital to expand and grow, by getting government out of their faces, and out of their way........And, what he said about Texas and their TORT reform success was spot on.

Last edited:
Perry needs to get tough, and come out swinging....At this point, i'm still leaning Romney.

Gingrich did great, no doubt about it. I doubt he has a chance at the nomination, but his VP chances just got much stronger....Christ, he would slaughter Biden in a debate. You know Biden would pull that phoney folksy BS, and Gingrich would ram it up his ass.

Perry did have one excellent answer when he was talking about giving business, particularly small business, the confidence to go out and risk their capital to expand and grow, by getting government out of their faces, and out of their way........And, what he said about Texas and their TORT reform was success spot on.

He was defending himself a lot, though. I am supporting Romney until he drops out.

Perry did have one excellent answer when he was talking about giving business, particularly small business, the confidence to go out and risk their capital to expand and grow, by getting government out of their faces, and out of their way........And, what he said about Texas and their TORT reform was success spot on.

He was defending himself a lot, though. I am supporting Romney until he drops out.
I don't think Romney is going anywhere, anytime soon. He did well tonight, and may have closed the gap a bit.....At this point i'm going Romney also.

Romney as President, Rubio for Vice President, Newt for Secretary of State, Cain for Secretary of the Treasury, Perry for Secretary of Defense........

History making with first Hispanic as Vice President, Cain as first black Secretary of the Treasury....... Newt with his command of history would make a great Secretary of State....... Perry, a Veteran and someone that doesn't take any shit, would be perfect as a Secretary of Defense. Bachman for Attorney General.

I would have to say that Paul killed his campaign.

Perry did himself some damage.

All the rest held their own.

Such little interest in this, im surprised.

I think there's just so many threads on it that this one is a tad tame.

Personally, I was more impressed by Huntsman than I thought I would be. The field is too big right now though.... I need some drop outs before I start studying candidates. I already know Romney's record so I'm comfortable that, should he be the nominee, I would probably vote for him.

Forum List

Back