Who came out on top in the Tea Party debate?

Who won/scored the best in the Tea Party debate?

• Perry

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Romney

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bachmann

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Santorum

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Cain

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Huntsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newt

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Romney did very well. Bachmann showed she could land a few blows. Paul was less looney but he said some awful things. Perry flip flopped majorly on SSI. Gingrich shows he still has political chops. Huntsmen lost it on the treasonous charge. Santorum and Cain were irrelevent.

Newt seems to be the best VP IMO. I'd like him best for president over RP but I just dono that he can win the nom.

In fact if Mitt picked someone like Newt as a VP I could vote for that.

Romney did very well. Bachmann showed she could land a few blows. Paul was less looney but he said some awful things. Perry flip flopped majorly on SSI. Gingrich shows he still has political chops. Huntsmen lost it on the treasonous charge. Santorum and Cain were irrelevent.

We dont agree often but that about summed it up for me. Mostly..

I liked a lot of what most of them had to say, you?

Here is my Pre-Debate order of who I wanted

Romney
Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Paul
Bachman
Santorum
Huntsman

Here is my Post-Debate order:

Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Romney
Paul
Santorum

Bachman and huntsman are off the list for me

What took them off the list for you, and put Cain at the top and knocked Romeny down three notches?

The fact that the GOP candidates actually participated in a "Tea Party" debate only shows that they are all continuing to play to their conservative base. Granted, this may win them their party's nomination, but will never get them elected POTUS.

<all supposition on my part>

RP pulls possibly the biggest Indy vote of all the Republicans because he wants to pull out of the wars...

In most states registered independents don't get to vote in GOP primaries so suck it in Ron Paul NEVER GETS THAT NOMINATION.

Being that 3 years later everyone sounds like RP I'll get him no matter what, so suck that fool.

not a damn one of them sounded like that dottering old, bin laden ass kissing fool called ron paul. not one.

I would vote for: Romney, Huntsman, Paul, and maybe Cain.

I would throw my vote away in a match-up between Obama and: Gingrich or Perry

I would vote for Obama over: Bachmann or Santorum

The fact that the GOP candidates actually participated in a "Tea Party" debate only shows that they are all continuing to play to their conservative base. Granted, this may win them their party's nomination, but will never get them elected POTUS.

Thats what both parties do in the primaries. Try to appeal to the base. So whats new here?

I liked a lot of what most of them had to say, you?

Romney
Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Paul
Bachman
Santorum
Huntsman

Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Romney
Paul
Santorum

What took them off the list for you, and put Cain at the top and knocked Romeny down three notches?

Cain moved up to the top because romney, in my blunt opion, acted like a little bitch in the debate. I know that language is a bit, meh, but its the simplest way to describe what I was seeing. I dont like when they go after each other as it is and the way he went about it seemed low rent to me. Just come right out and say what you think instead of telling me about 4 aces, ugh!

Huntsman bothers me, something about his demeanor I dont like. yes its petty and superficial but I just couldn't have him looking at me telling me important presidential things.

Bachman is like a 2 trick pony all she ever does is bring everything back to her "I'll kill obamacare and dodd/frank if you elect me" its the same thing over and over. Yes I agree with both of those positions but when your challenged don't work your way back into saying those things. I haven't heard anything new from her for a while.

Cain has been my man since he first introduced himself, I do admit his comments on muslims/religion have me a bit uneasy but I think I can get over that.

Perry, IMO, was being picked on a bit much last night and I'm the type of person who sides with those I think are being picked on unfairly. He also stood tall for his personal beliefs and values which is HUGE for me. I dont have to agree with all of them, only most of your values, but if you stand firm on the ones we agree with I can overlook the rest. Hell your never going to agree with one person 100% anyway.

I have been a gingrich fan since the 80's....so he stays up on the list for me regardless, plus I like his attitude in the debates and how he is always appearing like he wants to unify everyone while not taking flack from the media.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh santorum....i just dont know. I mean i guess he has a good record but something about him just keeps him at the bottom of the list.

"Who came out on top in the Tea Party debate?"

Again, Obama did, as he has, and will, on all GOP Presidential debates. All the GOP is doing is displaying the alternatives to Obama, and Independents are not buying any of it:eusa_whistle:

Thats what both parties do in the primaries. Try to appeal to the base. So whats new here?

America as a whole, doesn't need nor want a President who will cow-tow to the minority of the voting public. As long as the GOP continues down this path, I foresee Obama in the WH until 2016.

Again, Obama did, as he has, and will, on all GOP Presidential debates. All the GOP is doing is displaying the alternatives to Obama, and Independents are not buying any of it:eusa_whistle:

Oh gosh..

Can't you just play along with the theme.

Take off the partisan hat and work within the context of the thread.

I'm voting Obama..but I'm using my dime store political analysis here.

Sorta fun.

if obama is the best America has then we're all fucked. he is the worst person ever to grace the wh. ever.

Romney
Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Paul
Bachman
Santorum
Huntsman

Cain
Perry
Gingrich
Romney
Paul
Santorum

Cain moved up to the top because romney, in my blunt opion, acted like a little bitch in the debate. I know that language is a bit, meh, but its the simplest way to describe what I was seeing. I dont like when they go after each other as it is and the way he went about it seemed low rent to me. Just come right out and say what you think instead of telling me about 4 aces, ugh!

Huntsman bothers me, something about his demeanor I dont like. yes its petty and superficial but I just couldn't have him looking at me telling me important presidential things.

Bachman is like a 2 trick pony all she ever does is bring everything back to her "I'll kill obamacare and dodd/frank if you elect me" its the same thing over and over. Yes I agree with both of those positions but when your challenged don't work your way back into saying those things. I haven't heard anything new from her for a while.

Cain has been my man since he first introduced himself, I do admit his comments on muslims/religion have me a bit uneasy but I think I can get over that.

Perry, IMO, was being picked on a bit much last night and I'm the type of person who sides with those I think are being picked on unfairly. He also stood tall for his personal beliefs and values which is HUGE for me. I dont have to agree with all of them, only most of your values, but if you stand firm on the ones we agree with I can overlook the rest. Hell your never going to agree with one person 100% anyway.

I have been a gingrich fan since the 80's....so he stays up on the list for me regardless, plus I like his attitude in the debates and how he is always appearing like he wants to unify everyone while not taking flack from the media.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh santorum....i just dont know. I mean i guess he has a good record but something about him just keeps him at the bottom of the list.

Cain's toast.

Might get a vp slot or cabinet position.

Bachmann's always been a two-trick pony. I can't wait for her to be off the table.

She's got a very real shot at VP if Perry wins this..:lol:

Thank gods I haven't had breakfast yet.

If Rubio refuses..and there is a big likelihood he will..Perry will need someone to energize the base. Bachmann or Cain are probably the natural choices. Followed by Santorum.

Forum List

Back