Who Built the Egyptian Pyramids?

JohnDB
Correct... having sex with your father's concubine (wife's handmaiden) is not a good idea no matter when it's done....it's your brother's mom....aside from the whole age difference thing, that's just gross no matter how you slice it.
Ironic, given that the god character's plans after the creation myth and after the flood myth relied 100% on inbreeding.
I bet you can't trace your ancestry back that far.

surada there is no claim in jewish literature that the "fringe people were jews" no do you
have any evidence that included in the "fringe people" there were not jews. Take a course in
intro. to logic.

The Apiru or Habiru were considered fringe people, Ignorant, landless , lawless etc. I have no idea whether they were Jews or not.
Ok... again this stuff happened over 5,500 years ago.

The slaves were all "apiru" or Hebrew....but that didn't mean that they all were actually descendants of Abraham and Jacob. (Which is what forms the Jewish people)

Not every last Jew left during the Exodus nor did the group that left consist solely of Jacob's descendants either. That would be an assumption based on myth instead of recorded history. And scriptures support this as well.
So true----the biblical literature describes that group that left Egypt as MIXED---
HUMANS DO MIX. A reasonable conjecture is NOT ALL THE GREEKS who ventured
to Troy along with ODYSSEUS----were from Ithaca but I do not recall any comment
on it in Homer's version. A factoid. the wife of JOSEPH was, according to biblical
literature----AN EGYPTIAN. That is the mother of MENASHE who is the founder of
a whole tribe (I think---don't quote me---ask Surada) Jews were not actually called
Jews back then----they were "israelites" being of the house of Jacob aka Israel.
(don't let the translations confuse you)
There is no "Tribe of Joseph" in Jewish culture because Jacob adopted Joseph's two sons to give him a backhanded title of "Firstborn" after Reuben blew it and figuring out that Judah was complicit in the deal.

So Manassah and Ephraim were two tribes....but Manassah was the younger of the two boys.

Manassah became so large it's territory was split into "East" and "West".
for fun read the death bed speech of Jacob------in which he knocks his lousy sons
apart. Somehow, he decides that JUDAH is the best of the bad lot
You mean we don’t believe humans are infallible.
CLEARLY Jacob faced the fact of the fallibility of his progeny----Rachel was
not around to protest
Yaakov was very specific about the character flaws/strengths of his 1st 4 sons.
Unlike other religions, we don't treat our progenitors as gods.

surada there is no claim in jewish literature that the "fringe people were jews" no do you
have any evidence that included in the "fringe people" there were not jews. Take a course in
intro. to logic.

The Apiru or Habiru were considered fringe people, Ignorant, landless , lawless etc. I have no idea whether they were Jews or not.
Ok... again this stuff happened over 5,500 years ago.

The slaves were all "apiru" or Hebrew....but that didn't mean that they all were actually descendants of Abraham and Jacob. (Which is what forms the Jewish people)

Not every last Jew left during the Exodus nor did the group that left consist solely of Jacob's descendants either. That would be an assumption based on myth instead of recorded history. And scriptures support this as well.
So true----the biblical literature describes that group that left Egypt as MIXED---
HUMANS DO MIX. A reasonable conjecture is NOT ALL THE GREEKS who ventured
to Troy along with ODYSSEUS----were from Ithaca but I do not recall any comment
on it in Homer's version. A factoid. the wife of JOSEPH was, according to biblical
literature----AN EGYPTIAN. That is the mother of MENASHE who is the founder of
a whole tribe (I think---don't quote me---ask Surada) Jews were not actually called
Jews back then----they were "israelites" being of the house of Jacob aka Israel.
(don't let the translations confuse you)
There is no "Tribe of Joseph" in Jewish culture because Jacob adopted Joseph's two sons to give him a backhanded title of "Firstborn" after Reuben blew it and figuring out that Judah was complicit in the deal.

So Manassah and Ephraim were two tribes....but Manassah was the younger of the two boys.

Manassah became so large it's territory was split into "East" and "West".
for fun read the death bed speech of Jacob------in which he knocks his lousy sons
apart. Somehow, he decides that JUDAH is the best of the bad lot
You mean we don’t believe humans are infallible.
CLEARLY Jacob faced the fact of the fallibility of his progeny----Rachel was
not around to protest
Yaakov was very specific about the character flaws/strengths of his 1st 4 sons.
Unlike other religions, we don't treat our progenitors as gods.
reminds me of my own father ----only four sons-----but he was REALISTIC

Neither can anyone else.
Exactly; so don't complain about inbreeding.
It was not clear to me what point fart-fun was making by his
in-breeding comment?
Just some subtle irony and a chasm between better, secular morality and the iron aged mythology on the table.
IRON-AGED <<< I like that-----seems like a compliment. I so enjoy my Iron aged
pots and pans

IRON-AGED <<< I like that-----seems like a compliment.
It is, if you are on Antique Hunters. Not so much, when taking lessons on morality, history, philosophy, or science.
you are remarkably closed-minded. One has to be an idiot to discard
knowledge of the DEVELOPEMENT of human morality, philosophy and
science and IMAGINE that the scriptural writings are not an important
reference

you are remarkably closed-minded.
Again, you mangle the meaning of that term and accuse others of that of which you are most guilty. You are the one who subscribes to magical beliefs that cannot ever be altered with new information or evidence. You are as closed minded as a person can be. This is the definition of closed minded, and it is part and parcel of your identity. get it straight.

you are remarkably closed-minded.
Again, you mangle the meaning of that term and accuse others of that of which you are most guilty. You are the one who subscribes to magical beliefs that cannot ever be altered with new information or evidence. You are as closed minded as a person can be. This is the definition of closed minded, and it is part and parcel of your identity. get it straight.
your post is silly conjecture. You have NO IDEA to what I "subscribe". If you made such
a statement in court about ANYBODY------the judge would knock it off the record even before
the interested lawyer would have a chance to object.

your post is silly conjecture. You have NO IDEA to what I "subscribe".
Hmm, I think I have some idea. This is not your first day here. But anyhoo, this is offtopic. Let's get back to swatting down silly myths and outright lies about how the pyramids were built.

Neither can anyone else.
Exactly; so don't complain about inbreeding.
It was not clear to me what point fart-fun was making by his
in-breeding comment?
Just some subtle irony and a chasm between better, secular morality and the iron aged mythology on the table.
secular morality

You're a very funny guy!
I suggest you check out AP News every now and then and learn a thing or two about that secular morality myth.

your post is silly conjecture. You have NO IDEA to what I "subscribe".
Hmm, I think I have some idea. This is not your first day here. But anyhoo, this is offtopic. Let's get back to swatting down silly myths and outright lies about how the pyramids were built.
ok-----to which silly myths do you refer? The only stuff I have heard about "how the
pyramids were built" shows up on a TV program about ALIENS from outer space.
I watch sometimes------I used to like Star Trek too-----and as a small kid CAPTAIN VIDEO

I suggest you check out AP News every now and then and learn a thing or two about that secular morality myth.
Why? That only strengthens my point by a factor of a million. Better morality now, despite the religious goobers carrying around the same instruction book for millenia. What changed? Not the iron aged myths. What I see are religious dummies fighting over a chunk of special land on the Mediterranean Sea, and another set of religious dummies waging holy war in Afghanistan. And oh look, there is another set of religious dummies killing civilians in Iraq. And, oh look, another set of religious fools in a cult that worships a mentally ill failed human in the US. They could use a heaping helping of our better, secular morality that we discovered quite in spite of the religious goobers.

Forum List

Back