Who are your favorite teams college and pro and favorite boxers/MMA fighters and why?

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
  1. NFL-Pittsburgh Steelers because that is where I was born and raised.
  2. MLB-Pirates (see above)
  3. NHL-Penguins (again see #1)
  4. NCAA-Pitt Panthers (#1) and Slippery Rock University (Alma mater)
  5. Boxing-Always was and always will be Marvelous Marvin Hagler
  6. MMA-Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson-Class act all the way around, perhaps best skilled fighter ever
  7. NBA-No favorite since the 'Burgh hasn't had a team since the Condors and Pipers disbanded
High school is my alma mater North Hills which was #1 in the country back in the 80s. Produced linebacker Lavarr Arrington

NFL- Dolphins- Finally got a pro team in my state ,got sick of all the kids from up north bragging about there teams and how Florida didn't have one.
MLB-Braves, in the 1960s they were just about the only pro teams in the south east.
non pro teams- Florida schools
Boxers- Frazier ,tough as it gets
ucf mma= all of them .you got to be tough to do that for a living.
Womens fast pitch Softball= Orlando Rebels, brought my home town its first world title back in the 1960s :cool:

Last edited:
  1. NFL-Pittsburgh Steelers because that is where I was born and raised.
  2. MLB-Pirates (see above)
  3. NHL-Penguins (again see #1)
  4. NCAA-Pitt Panthers (#1) and Slippery Rock University (Alma mater)
  5. Boxing-Always was and always will be Marvelous Marvin Hagler
  6. MMA-Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson-Class act all the way around, perhaps best skilled fighter ever
  7. NBA-No favorite since the 'Burgh hasn't had a team since the Condors and Pipers disbanded

1. New York Jets - I've not been happy since the Nixon administration. I'll root for the Jags, though. A friend's son is Tyler Davis, a tight end for Jax.
2. New York Mets - I've not been happy since Reagan's second term.
3. New York Islanders - Their teams in the early 80's were the best ever.
4. Navy - I'm retired Navy, so I'm biased.
5. Don't really care; GHeorge Foreman, I guess, just because he named all of his sons "George" so they'd always have something in common.
6. George St. Pierre - Met him in Montreal once and he bought my lunch.
7. I couldn't really give a shit about basketball

NFL: San Francisco 49’ers ... Joe Montana era but second place was Houston Oilers and Warren Moon...

MLB: Chicago Cubs... Grew up in Joliet and hated the South Side Bum fans and the Red Birds fans annoy me...

NBA: Portland Trailblazers... Just enjoyed the team and fans...

NHL: No one

Boxing: Sugar Ray Leonard... Fastest damn hands I watched...

1246px-Texas_A%26M_University_logo.svg.png

Clemson for college football
I dont have a favorite team in the NFL. But i will be probably end up supporting the jaguars because of lawrence
Predators
Baseball and basketball is for queers
GSP for MMA. Mother fuckin legend

Front runner :)

I've always been a fan of Tochioshin, amazing how he came back from the knee injury and made it to Ozeki, even if he wasn't able to keep the rank.

Been following former Kotooshu's stable, he's got a couple ready for the top of Makushita.

1. Mets. Grew up near Shea
2. Rangers. Grandfather was a fan
3. Giants. Brother picked jets and we had to disagree on one team
4. Liverpool. Brother in law is a huge fan, and I didn't care about soccer so I latched onto his team

Antonio Tarver is my favorite boxer of all time
Tyson Fury is my current favorite boxer
Josh Allen is my favorite football player
Nicola Jokic is my favorite basketball player
Jacob DeGram is my favorite baseball player

Forum List

Back