Who are the unemployed?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

:eusa_eh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio]Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube[/ame]

I'd say this lady but I think she is actually employed by the Dem party.

I was watching Jeopardy tonight and saw a commercial with Mitten expressing "concern" over jobs and it got me thinking.

I have five siblings, all are married, none of them or their spouses are unemployed and in fact have the same jobs they had for at least the past 10 years. I have over 30 cousins, and their spouses, who also are not unemployed and have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more. My husband has three siblings, and they, and their spouses have had the same jobs for the past 10 years or more, with one exception: an in-law that was layed off during the Bush administration and never went back to work (an uber-conservative, btw). Five of us have our own businesses and are making a profit.

At USMB, I know of four people that have complained of being unemployed: Annie, BM, Immie, and Sallow (one lib out of four) and two business "owners" that can't make it in today's economy: GrumpyGramps and Dudball.

It seems conservatives have more trouble being gainfully employed and that doesn't bode well for personal responsibility.

you own your on biz? may I ask what that biz is?

you own your on biz? may I ask what that biz is?
:lol: You think I'd tell someone on USMB?

you cannot say even generally?:eusa_eh:how is that fodder for ..anything?

Fine. We sell and rent high end things. What does that have to do with the topic? Most of the whiners about unemployment and/or failed businesses are conservatives. Only ONE person in my extended family has been unemployed.

Those over 50 who lost their jobs due to offshoring are the hardest hit.
Many will spend all their savings getting by till they get SS ans many will not have insurance.

Fine. We sell and rent high end things. What does that have to do with the topic?

you said you had your own biz, I was curious, relax......

whats your profit margin btw?

Most of the whiners about unemployment and/or failed businesses are conservatives. Only ONE person in my extended family has been unemployed.

really? whined how? because OF unemployment, their unemployment or the high rates or?

failed biz? what kind? theirs, others..what?

Righties are less educated?? Maybe?

Most of the whiners about unemployment and/or failed businesses are conservatives. Only ONE person in my extended family has been unemployed.

really? whined how? because OF unemployment, their unemployment or the high rates or?

You don't read many conservative posts, do you?

And F you for fucking up the quotes! :D

Those over 50 who lost their jobs due to offshoring are the hardest hit.
Many will spend all their savings getting by till they get SS ans many will not have insurance.

True enough. And you made me remember, I have one brother that lost his job to offshoring, but he got a new job immediately.

:lol: All heart...

:lol: All heart...

Just going by the ones on here....:D

Right now, nearly 30 percent of all unemployed Americans have been out of work for more than a year. All told, that’s 3.9 million workers, slightly more than the number of people who live in Oregon.

But who are the long-term unemployed, exactly? The Pew Charitable Trust has a new report (pdf) out about these Americans, and some of the stats are surprising. For one, long-term unemployment is an equal risk for all unemployed workers, regardless of education level.

Who are the long-term unemployed? - The Washington Post

United States Department of Labor

You don't read many conservative posts, do you?

And F you for fucking up the quotes! :D

Are you going to clarify your comments or not?

Forum List

Back