M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
By David Limbaugh
08/30/11T
Townhall.com

Excerpt:

I doubt that Keller is much interested in the answers to the questions he demands be raised of Perry and Bachmann. He thinks he already knows the answers but wants to incite fear in us about them. He seems more interested in smearing certain candidates with the slanderous innuendo of his questions, such as the preposterous ones designed to suggest that certain candidates are theocrats who believe Southern slavery was a good thing.

The reality is that throughout our history, the halls of American government have teemed with Bible-believing Christians, and they've never pushed for theocracy. Ironically, it is leftists who are far likelier to use the power of government to selectively suppress political and religious liberties. They are the ones behind the Fairness Doctrine, network neutrality rules, campus speech codes and preventing certain ideas from being presented, alongside all others, in public classrooms.

Once again, our leftist friends are projecting. They are the ones showing their religious bigotry and proselytizing us to adopt their secularist worldview.​

LINK

Left-Wing Witch Hunt

Last edited:
A college in Indiana just banned the National Anthem for being too violent. Mennonite I beleive.

You can't make this shit up.

So you have the left wing nutbars out for your skin or you have right wing nutbars out for your skin.

Can you believe banning the National Anthem? In the name of peace?

I wonder what part of Revelations are these morons going to ban?

Last edited:
The real religious bigots are those that have substituted worship of the state for anything to do with a church, synagogue or mosque. Goldberg labeled them 'Liberal Fascists', accurately, I'd say. They're not interested in convincing anyone their collective god is best, they work through the force of laws, which they justify through an obscene distortion of the Constitution's commerce and general welfare clause. In other words, worship as they do or go to jail.

A college in Indiana just banned the National Anthem for being too violent.

You know...that has been debated for as long as I remember. It is NOT a new thing. That along with the fact that the melody is damn hard to sing.

Somebody is grandstanding. I can smell it a mile away.

They'd already banned the lyrics you see. Some one wants to make headlines again.

You know...that has been debated for as long as I remember. It is NOT a new thing. That along with the fact that the melody is damn hard to sing.

Somebody is grandstanding. I can smell it a mile away.

They'd already banned the lyrics you see. Some one wants to make headlines again.

America the Beautiful would be so much better.

Separation of Church and State:

Those who would remove the word God from all of government are taking the establishment clause to far, and those who would promote one religion over another in our government can often be too zealot in their agenda. Our founding fathers were of the enlightenment age, and although many of them very religious, knew that religious freedom also meant government should not promote one religion over another, and to account for this they required a government that did not establish one single religion, but allowed God to freely permeate all realms of government.

In other words, God belongs in Government, but Religion does not, and that includes Christianity!

Yeah, as long as I've been alive there's been a real call for changing the anthem over to God Bless America. The Star Spangled Banner has always had problems with the complexity of the lyrics and music. Plus it references a pretty obscure event in US history that most folks don't even understand.

Yeah, as long as I've been alive there's been a real call for changing the anthem over to God Bless America. The Star Spangled Banner has always had problems with the complexity of the lyrics and music. Plus it references a pretty obscure event in US history that most folks don't even understand.

......and some idiots grab their crotch when they sing it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

......and some idiots grab their crotch when they sing it.

Or just kinda try to make up the words as they go along. It's probably the most mauled piece of music in American history.

I'd much rather have God Bless America or the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Once again, our leftist friends are projecting.

I always find it hilarious when someone alleges that another group is "Projecting". Its the political equivalent of "Not IT!"

In all seriousness, when someone tries to force their religious views on others, they need to be stopped. That goes for the folks that actively work to undermine religion in the public venue, and for the folks that would see their religious belief codified as law, be they Christian, Mormon, Muslim, Jewish, or Atheist. That tendency to try to force belief on others is something I see much more often on the Right than on the Left.

A college in Indiana just banned the National Anthem for being too violent. Mennonite I beleive.

So you have the left wing nutbars out for your skin or you have right wing nutbars out for your skin.

Can you believe banning the National Anthem? In the name of peace?

I wonder what part of Revelations are these morons going to ban?

All of it.

They claim the Bible is a fairytale.

Change it to "Louie Louie".

Even a drunk can sing that.

From the link

Wouldn't an objective reporter have as much interest in someone fraudulently proclaiming a certain faith as he does in one who sincerely professes a faith he finds repugnant?

He believes that an "objective reporter" should call out those that are phoney Christians and that is the only way to be objective. What a hack.

In all seriousness, when someone tries to force their religious views on others, they need to be stopped. That goes for the folks that actively work to undermine religion in the public venue, and for the folks that would see their religious belief codified as law, be they Christian, Mormon, Muslim, Jewish, or Atheist. That tendency to try to force belief on others is something I see much more often on the Right than on the Left.

That's because you're delusional . . . and blind.

What religious beliefs does the left push?

And you're clearly a rational thinking being. I never said that there are not folks on the Left who will try to use Federal Power to force their views on others. I just see a lot of "Small Government" types that are all too quick to pass laws supporting their particular views of morality as soon as they're handed the reigns.

The real religious bigots are those that have substituted worship of the state for anything to do with a church, synagogue or mosque. Goldberg labeled them 'Liberal Fascists', accurately, I'd say. They're not interested in convincing anyone their collective god is best, they work through the force of laws, which they justify through an obscene distortion of the Constitution's commerce and general welfare clause. In other words, worship as they do or go to jail.

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

And you're clearly a rational thinking being. I never said that there are not folks on the Left who will try to use Federal Power to force their views on others. I just see a lot of "Small Government" types that are all too quick to pass laws supporting their particular views of morality as soon as they're handed the reigns.

They can't be their "particular" views if they convince a majority of people to elect them into office, and since you can't rationally argue that either side succeeds in not doing it (because most issues do boil down to, to one degree or another, what we feel is right or wrong), it's sort of a useless point altogether to try and make one side look like hypocrites for passing laws supporting their views of morality.

They can't be their "particular" views if they convince a majority of people to elect them into office, and since you can't rationally argue that either side succeeds in not doing it (because most issues do boil down to, to one degree or another, what we feel is right or wrong), it's sort of a useless point altogether to try and make one side look like hypocrites for passing laws supporting their views of morality.

Except for the fact that one side engages in this while they also trumpet reduced Federal Power to meddle in our every day lives. Liberals typically make no such claim, while Conservatives that pass such laws while trumpeting reduced government power must be either liars or schizophrenic.

So yes, both are guilty. But one gets the additional problem of doing such things in direct contradiction to their stated goals.

Forum List

Back